Status Quo

Koby

@diarma86 there's a good reason we decided not to just 'pack up'. The site did start out as just a discussion forum. The download stuff was just an 'addon' to it and of course people just flocked to it...but it ended up also creating a lot of problems for the site as well - namely people that just sign up to do nothing but spam or cause trouble (mostly the former). This played a large part into Koby's decision, and by extension, mine. It was very difficult to do what we had to do. We knew the impacts of either decision. But I've said this a million times already - there is only one thing we care about more than anything else, and that's every single one of you. Even downloads being there couldn't hold a candle to how much we cared about our members. In the end we did what we had to do...not just to protect ourselves or this site, but also to protect each and every one of you. Because we just care that deeply.

We realized that making this sort of call would mean the site would never be the same. It was not an easy sacrifice, believe us. But we'd rather keep the site and its members, than lose everything. You guys are why we keep doing this. No other reason. None.

We'll be cooking up some stuff this summer, hopefully when I've got more time. Look forward to that!

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

On 5/4/2019 at 11:52 AM, Koby said:

People don't bother reading the news board and always hounding me via email about why they can't view it either.

No one has access to it though, the boards have been fully removed at this point. I don't even have a backup of the database prior to the deletion.

Maybe some search engines still have cached data linking to old/removed posts that some people stumble over...?  There are ways to access a sites cached data which likely includes links to pages and possibly even cached postings with data.  But I'm not going to go into that subject anymore here as that is something we precisely do not encourage the use of for reasons already mentioned...

On 5/21/2019 at 3:15 AM, diarma86 said:

looks like I'll just have to hang around mumbling about 'ow things arent wut they used to be....

I should probably have edited this to say "...hang around here mumbling about how anime isn't as good as it used to be"

I think visiting this site is about a change in mindset more than anything else.

Regarding piracy, I have a brown belt in Google Fu, I'll be fine ;)

• 2 months later...
19 minutes ago, DarkRavie said:

Sorry to hear this, but it won't stop me coming here almost daily.  I like the games I'm playing with others!

Thanks. It means a lot. Nice to visit the board and see the forum games section have new posts daily, even if most of the rest of the board remains fairly silent as of late.

I'll probably enable post count in the forum games section again. Was originally removed because the section was used for easy spamming to VIP status back in the day.

If you have any suggestions, we're open to listening as always.

• Like 1