• Death March to the Parallel World Rhapsody
    • Karakai Jouzu no Takagi-san
    • Kokkoku
    • Laid-Back Camp
    • Overlord II
    • School Babysitters
    • Violet Evergarden

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/19/2018 at 12:00 PM

You may vote for one and only one series that aired this last Winter season and is included in this poll that you think deserves to be Anime of Winter 2018.

You only get to vote once.

*Anime series are alphabetically ordered for this poll.

Voting ends May 19th.

If your favorite isn't listed then it's your own fault. There was a nominations thread up for a while for everyone to nominate their favorite for this poll. The options here are what was nominated by everyone (except one because I'm a douchemeister. Forgive me). We'll run a similar nomination and poll at the end of the Winter 2017 season so be sure to look for it.
  • Like 1

On 5/6/2018 at 1:29 AM, freeka said:

If FranXX doesn't win AOTS, I am going to sue Kametsu for grievous emotional damage.

The day anything made by Trigger wins AotS is the day anime is officially dead to me.

That said, it seems like a show that had nothing but visuals going for it and at best was a 6/10 is likely to win the AotS. Figured it would win though, this season didn't really have anything that stood out.

5 hours ago, Koby said:

The day anything made by Trigger wins AotS is the day anime is officially dead to me.

That said, it seems like a show that had nothing but visuals going for it and at best was a 6/10 is likely to win the AotS. Figured it would win though, this season didn't really have anything that stood out.

To be fair, Evergarden's failings was development of the other characters. Violet's story itself was good but, they focused entirely on her.

FranXX is just starting to get good in my opinion. The first half to me was, "Huh? What's going on? Who is this Zero Two chick?"

On 5/10/2018 at 5:01 AM, Koby said:

This season didn't have any dubbed shows that stood out, which is the only pool that many people here draw from. I've heard great things about A Place Further Than the Universe, though I haven't gotten around to watching it yet myself. It has the highest MAL rating of everything else in this poll.

I'm also enjoying FranXX, but IMO incomplete shows shouldn't even be allowed in these polls. Agree with you on Violet Evergarden. Not much going on in terms of plot or character. Wouldn't mind seeing a story that took place during the war though.

3 hours ago, Solaufein said:

This season didn't have any dubbed shows that stood out, which is the only pool that many people here draw from. I've heard great things about A Place Further Than the Universe, though I haven't gotten around to watching it yet myself. It has the highest MAL rating of everything else in this poll.

I'm also enjoying FranXX, but IMO incomplete shows shouldn't even be allowed in these polls. Agree with you on Violet Evergarden. Not much going on in terms of plot or character. Wouldn't mind seeing a story that took place during the war though.

Tagaki-san was going to be my first choice. I had to think about it. Violet's story stood out to me the most this season. As much as I enjoyed the cute romance from Tagaki-san, Violet Evergarden was better. The episodic nature of it made you see how Violet was learning. Most don't care for it because they only focused on Violet and her emotional development. It was the key part of the story but, I agree they should have fleshed out the others a little more. This could have been a 24 episode show.

I wanted to exclude 2-cours from being nominated until the end of the second cour but, Koby wanted it this way. I suppose it would be a good way to see if a show was good from the beginning until the end.

2 minutes ago, NeutralHatred said:

I would be okay if FranXX and Evergarden tied.

Then we'd just hold a tie-breaker poll. Everyone who voted for something other than those would be the determining factor to change the tide.

• Koby unfeatured and unpinned this topic