What Movies Do You Want To See Remade?

ludewick24

14 hours ago, ElementalCards said:

The Secret Garden. The 1993 version is horribly dated, and with technological advancements, they could make it more magical as intended, unlike the '93 version.

that is a movie I have never seen, maybe ill have to check it out now! I feel like alot of movies suffered from big dreams but lack of technology

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

A transformers reboot could be really good if it was more accurate to the original cartoon and the transformation were less complex like the cartoon not all these micro pieces flying everywhere.

I am not sure I would like any of the classic 80's movies to be rebooted they don't seem to ever turn out well.  Even though it would be interesting to see a new take on the Goonies or Short Circuit I doubt they would be as good as the originals.  What would they do to Short Circuit?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
On 10/31/2017 at 5:04 PM, ElementalCards said:

The Secret Garden. The 1993 version is horribly dated, and with technological advancements, they could make it more magical as intended, unlike the '93 version.

What elements are you thinking of that look dated? The time-lapse shots of the flowers growing? Other than that I can't really think of anything that looks out of place for 2018. A lot of movies from the 1980s/early 90s suffered from very contemporary fashions

showing up in what were supposed to be period pieces (example: the mom's curly 1980s perm in A Christmas Story, which is supposed to be set in the 1950s),  but I didn't notice anything like that in this version of The Secret Garden. And as a someone who got their degree in costume design, I tend to nitpick for those things in every film I watch.

As far as technology to make it magical, are you thinking of using CGI for like fairy dust-style magic? The idea of the story is that the magic was found within themselves, and in the relationships they formed. There really wasn't anything inherently magical in the garden itself. So I feel like using CGI to show something like that would be out of place for this story.

Also, on an totally unrelated note -- I'm loving your Sailor Moon dub project.  I've adored the DiC version since it was on Cartoon Network, and it's nice to see someone giving it the love it deserves.

-The freaking DCEU because it's a mess and the foundation for all the events in the series is flawed. They should reboot the timeline in upcoming flash movie tbh.
-Spawn; it wasn't bad but it wasn't great either and the graphics have aged terribly. For all the dark and gritty comic book adaptations, I think it deserves another chance. 
-Fantastic Four, but done by Marvel Studios.
-Logan's Run
-Ghost Rider.
-DUNE
-Alien Vs Predator.
-All Quiet on the Western Front.
-Doom. Keep Karl Urban, but make it about the same story as the goddam game it is based on, not some BS about a shady corporation meddling with genetics.
-Aeon Flux. The original movie sucked but it had a lot of potential 
-Max Payne. The game series is well written and compelling. The movie sucked big time.
-I, Robot with a faithfull story and script. I enjoyed the movie but i heard that Asimov's book is way different and way better.
-Phillip Pullman's Dark Materials trilogy. 
-World War Z. The movie isn't bad but i want to see a remake with a faithfull storyline that follows the story in the book.
-Suicide Squad - Base it on Assault on Arkham and fix the godawful editing.
-Eragon

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
4 hours ago, normalsomeplace said:

Back To The Future. You could have the modern CGI play a great role, and instead of a DeLorean we can see something better from the modern era.

I don't know about getting rid of the DeLorean. Would have to be another similarly quirky car like the Honda Sports EV Concept or something.

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/24/2018 at 12:56 PM, Zachimillius said:

I don't know about getting rid of the DeLorean. Would have to be another similarly quirky car like the Honda Sports EV Concept or something.

I was thinking of something along the lines of a prius.

Doc, it's a prius.

But Marty,  everyone has this car , you can blend in . No one would think it's a time machine and it's a hybrid.

But Doc it's a prius. 

• 4 months later...

I'd rather have a bad movie remade into something good, then a good movie ruined by a bad remake. Hmmmm, maybe Frankenstein. Not that the abundance of films were all terrible, but I think a modern retelling that stays faithful to the source and utilizes cutting edge CGI for the creature could be very cool. What I've appreciated about the story is that the more advancements science brings in genetics and stem cells, the more relevant it seems to become.

Edited by stitch626
Original post accidentally posted in the wrong topic.