What is your age and why are you still watching cartoons?

olympustenay

BUF, this question is a little bit complicated, I ask to myself each time I am watching cartoons like a teenager, well, in my case I like to watch cartoons in english because I am studying an intensive and oficial course of this language and I think that it will be good to learn a lot of vocabulary, sentences that I can use in the exams and because I can understand almost the complete chapter of whatever cartoon series I´m watching in that moment and it makes me feel good with myself xD, with the live action series I have to put subtitles in many cases :( but I really think that there are superb masterpieces cartoons series, which are drawn admirably well and the subject is also incredible... ( I am sorry wheter I have made any grammar mistake :P )

To conclude, I would like to say that be a child has no age and everyone has a child inside. 

Edited by Freezer

• 2 weeks later...
  • 10 months later...

I'm 22 and i've been watching cartoons ever since i can remember. It's a passion of mine, and i actually wanna be a professional animator someday. Currently going through a design major and studying/practicing on my free time, so hopefully i'll get there someday!

As to why i'm downloading them -- i'm a preservationist data hoarder and want to have all my favorite media available offline on the highest quality possible, subs and dual audio (one my native language, the other the original language). I'm too poor to spend all my money on blu-rays and too skeptical to trust the data to survive unscathed on optical media, so i just download them and keep them on archive drives. Someday i will buy them though, as i want to support the industry and have my own physical collection.

Edited by Bellzz

• 2 weeks later...

I am just over 40 years and I simply enjoy watching cartoons,I have loved and will love cartoons forever watching cartoons is always just plain fun and good to watch,it's simply amazing on how little of adaptations of many cartoons got shown on tv or were rarely shown ever these days you seem to get nothing but lots of junk on tv I collect lots of animated/live action series in addition to this I collect and read light heart comics
popeye,snow white,peter pan,a christmas carol,sleeping beauty,dracula,frankenstein,pinocchio,alice in wonderland, alice through the looking glass,beauty and the beast,jekyll and hyde,treasure island,I also have all versions of long forgotten cartoons/animated series/
like the wind in the willows,the wizard of oz adaptations, the count of monte cristo animated series,live action series,the three musketeers,the three musketeers, the man in the iron mask,winnie the pooh,dennis the menace adaptations,sherlock holmes animated/tv series/movies adaptations,
muppets adaptations,mickey mouse adaptations,looney tunes adaptations,jack and the beanstalk adaptations,the picture of dorian gray versions.care bears adaptations,Asterix and obelix adaptations,I love watching series the smurfs and all it's adaptations,yogi bear adaptations,paddington bear adaptations.pink panther cartoons/adaptations.garfield cartoons/adaptations,cinderella adaptations,beauty and the beast adaptations and many others which I have collected over the years and still enjoy them all

I encourage everybody to watch and enjoy cartoons It really is one of the best part of your life to enjoy

Edited by Andi

Mid 40s, I get them for the nostalgia and because many are fun to watch. Far better than silly sitcoms with canned laughter every time someone says something stupid, in fact I EXPECT some toons to be completely silly, but to see adult humans acting like complete morons-no thanks. Plus I enjoy the animation, was checking some old Tom and Jerry and Mickey Mouse toons out last night, my those were amazing! The level of detail they put in the art! Just amazing, you can watch them over and over and still see something new!

Just pay attention to the 40s-60s looney tunes, the detail in the backgrounds is astounding!

Also I fear I'm addicted to downloading crap. I need help, am I the only one?

• Koby changed the title to What is your age and why are you still watching cartoons?