Samue1

Which player do you play your files with the most?

Which player do you play your files with the most?  

41 members have voted

1. 1. Which player do you play your files with the most?

Choose which software you used to play your video files. Mine's definitely iTunes. Apple fan boy here!

Edited by Samue1

I have used MPC HC for about 8 years now, if not longer. It literally can play any video format you can find, including videos on PS2 discs. and some game videos on PC that don't use a standard file extension. You have to have the right codecs, though.

2 minutes ago, ElementalCards said:

VLC! I hate Windows Media Player and I remember the days when that damn player didn't read everything in Windows 2000.

Are you really used Windows 2000? I remember windows xp. In prsent time i use Windows-7. 

MPC-HC+madVR+LAVFilters for best quality. I had to reinstall windows after installing shark codec pack.

I've been using VLC for the longest while.

Never had any playback issues expect once (not sure what happened). Trying to watch Twin Star Exorcists, for some reason, with the stable version of VLC at the time (September 2017, I think) I would get a green screen [no video] w/ audio.

I remember looking at the codec information and was lost, it wasn't something out of the ordinary that wouldn't have been supported. (I even played something else in the same format) So I ended up trying MPC and it worked, but I only used it for like 2-4/50 of the episodes.

After that, I decided to try a nightly vlc build and that worked, so I got rid of MPC and was back with VLC. After I finished Twin Star Exorcists I think I went back to stable release.

That's the only time I've ever used MPC, for that like one day or so. Rather stick with what I'm use to, especially when I didn't exactly see a difference from what I recall.

Plus I'd rather stick with something that's still actively updated.

Edited by RyanEsau
typo

I use PotPlayer 64 bit  and let it auto update and PotPlayer is free and great!

Edited by mrbaer

In the past I used the VLC player but since 5 years the most used player at home is the mpc-hc because it's faster and have no problems with playing .ts telestream files. I recorded some tv shows of nhk world so i need a player for my .ts files!