Second Season of 'Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt' Gets Compilation Movie

Koby

Mg07vzB.jpgThe official website of Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt has announced on Monday that the second season of the net anime will receive a compilation movie with new scenes. Titled Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower, the movie will screen in Japanese theaters on November 18 for two weeks. It will also pre-screen at Anime NYC between November 17 and 19. Following the theatrical screening, the movie will be available via Bandai Visual Club, and will also be released in Blu-ray and DVD on December 8.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt adapts Yasuo Ohtagaki's manga by the same title, which has been serialized in Big Comic Superior since March 2012. The first season of the net anime streamed online for four episodes between December 2015 and April 2016. A compilation movie containing additional scenes titled Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: December Sky premiered in June 2016. The second season of the anime debuted in March 2017 and ended on Friday.

Trailer

• Like 2

Awesome. I was thoroughly impressed by the visuals when watching December sky. I get that it was originally produced in 4K, but dang, even the 1080p Kametsu encode looks a billion times better than most JPBD 1080p anime you see these days. I really prefer the look of super sharp and dark lines.

On 7/19/2017 at 2:39 PM, Scyrous said:

Awesome. I was thoroughly impressed by the visuals when watching December sky. I get that it was originally produced in 4K, but dang, even the 1080p Kametsu encode looks a billion times better than most JPBD 1080p anime you see these days. I really prefer the look of super sharp and dark lines.

Wait what, 4k so is this in actual 4k or just scaled down from 4k. Also what's better the short series or the compilation movie. Haven't watched the series yet believe I probably won't for along time still would like to know.

6 minutes ago, blackblades said:

Wait what, 4k so is this in actual 4k or just scaled down from 4k. Also what's better the short series or the compilation movie. Haven't watched the series yet believe I probably won't for along time still would like to know.

The original was produced in native 4K. I'm 99% sure the Kametsu release is an encode of the 1080p BDMV (seeing as December Sky was released in both 4K and 1080p Blu-rays).

Think about it for a second. Assuming Kametsu had the option, why would they only release a scaled down 1080p encode instead of providing both 4K and 1080p encodes? 

Edited by Scyrous
typo

• 4 weeks later...
On 17/7/2017 at 4:53 PM, Koby said:

Mg07vzB.jpgEl sitio web oficial de Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt ha anunciado el lunes que la segunda temporada del anime net recibirá una película de recopilación con nuevas escenas. Titulado Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt: Bandit Flower , la película se proyectará en los cines japoneses el 18 de noviembre durante dos semanas. También se proyectará en Anime NYC entre el 17 y el 19 de noviembre. Después de la proyección teatral, la película estará disponible a través de Bandai Visual Club y también será lanzado en Blu-ray y DVD el 8 de diciembre.

Mobile Suit Gundam Thunderbolt se adapta Manga Yasuo Ohtagaki por el mismo título, que ha sido serializado en Big Comic Superior desde marzo de 2012. La primera temporada de la net anime streamed en línea para cuatro episodios entre diciembre de 2015 y abril de 2016.

Remolque

Guao excelente pely!!!!!! m muero por verla!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, LaughingGear said:

Completely forgot about the second season and now I'm wondering whether I should watch the series or just wait for the compilation movie considering how much people seemed to enjoy December Sky.

The compilation movies have more content that connects each segment together and feels more complete. Only reason to watch the season set is if you can't wait. The compilation is also the only way it's released on Blu-ray and the only way it's dubbed.

• Like 1