Welcome to Kametsu

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more!

This message will be removed once you have signed in.

Dervell

Warner Bros Might be Making a New Matrix Movie

11 posts in this topic

So, from what i could gather, Warner Bros is in talks with Zak Penn to make a new matrix and he already said on his twitter that it wont be a reboot -

Here's the link  to the original article -- 

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/heat-vision/matrix-reboot-works-at-warner-bros-986292    (I have'nt read this yet) 

And the one i read -- http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/15/matrix-reboot-in-the-works-at-warner-bros-says-report 

I agree that no one should reboot The Matrix. By all means, set another film in that universe. I'd be interested to see what direction they take it. 

Unfortunately, I disagree that no one could reboot The Matrix. Hollywood could, and that makes me sad.

No seriously, who asked for this? Why reboot The Matrix? There must be other movies that deserve a reboot more. Oh who are we kidding, it's Hollywood. Because money.

The only way I could see this being good is if they decide to give the movie a larger amount of the cyber punk & mind screwing aspects of the matrix and not the convoluted plot movie that gets too mixed up in it's own philosophy.

According to a report from Birth.Movies.Death., Warner Bros. isn't interested in rebooting the seminal sci-franchise, but instead wants to focus on telling new stories in the Matrix universe. An idea that's gained plenty of traction is a prequel story about a young Morpheus, and the studio reportedly wants to cast Michael B. Jordan (Creed, Black Panther) in the role.

Recently the lead writer behind the new film, Zak Penn, took to Twitter to reiterate that he too doesn't want to work on a reboot. Penn is strongly against the idea of recasting Keanu Reeves' character Neo, saying if he "were going to recast Keanu Reeves, I would cast Keanu Reeves."

http://www.ign.com/articles/2017/03/19/the-matrix-follow-up-rumored-to-be-morpheus-prequel

This is way too soon . The movie isn't even 20 years old . Man , there are so many movies in the 70's-80's that they could reboot .

What's next ? Lord of the Rings - the reboot ...

What's next, more Star Wars movies? :)  Seriously though, is nothing sacred.  I guess as long as it's not a reboot there could be some potential, I just wish we could have some new ideas and stories.

Posted (edited)

Well, thats Hollywood for you guys, "Lets take a classic movie and completely destroy it!"  So who is going to play young Morpheus ?  Vin Diesel or Ben Afleck ?   Oh even better, we need a Matrix thats more feminist.  Morpheus is going to be played by Madonna.

Edited by leatherpuppetz

15 hours ago, leatherpuppetz said:

So who is going to play young Morpheus ?  Vin Diesel or Ben Afleck ?

LOL!  I heard the role was going to a CGI Paul Walker actually