Updates, New Section, Loss of Themes

Koby

Firstly, the forum has been updated. With this update comes quite a few fixes, updates, and new features. One of the big things you may have noticed in the Leaderboard page.

Added quite a few new embed providers

• codepen.io
  • coub.com
  • deviantart.com
  • docs.com
  • funnyordie.com
  • gettyimages.com
  • iFixit.com
  • kickstarter.com
  • meetup.com
  • mixcloud.com
  • mix.office.com
  • on.aol.com
  • reddit.com
  • reverbnation.com
  • screencast.com
  • screenr.com
  • slideshare.net
  • smugmug.com
  • ustream.tv
  • Google Maps (requires free Google API key)

Probably won't have a use for most of them here at Kametsu, but they're all supported by default by the software now.

Other Updates:

• Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours. If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it.
  • Escape key will now cancel quick-edit on titles.
  • For staff: When a moderator changes the status of a report in the ModCP the system now puts a reply in moderator comments noting the change.
  • You can now quickly edit tags when viewing an item without having to edit it if you have permission.
  • If you are using multiple devices to login to a site you will be less likely to be logged out.
  • Display name history is now available on profile view.
  • Two Factor Authentication is now an option (I may still need to set this up though before you can utilize it).

Two themes are gone: Carbon and Uniform; as their subscriptions expired and the versions I have available are outdated for the forum software. I opted not to renew the subscription at this time to cut down on the costs of maintaining the site. However if someone really wants these back, it costs $10 per theme per 6 months subscription. So contact me if you're willing to donate the $10 specifically for the subscription renewal of one of these, otherwise they likely will stay gone for a while as we have enough other options for you to utilize.

Another thing worth noting, is the arrival of the "VIP" section for certain stuff, which was added to cater to uploaders who have been getting fed up with trouble users constantly sharing file host links outside of this community and getting them taken down. Sorry to those who don't have access, but unfortunately everyone gets punished for the actions of a few. However, just being an active user of the community by keeping discussion active by discussing your favorite things, will open up the VIP section to you after you hit the requirement.

• Like 9

7 hours ago, Koby said:

Auto-saved content in the editor will now expire after 48 hours. If you load an editor that has previous auto-saved content you will now be prompted to keep or remove it.

Out of all the updates, this one above is what I'm looking forward to! I mean, come back a week later to reply again and there is your shit from your previous post in the same thread in the new reply -_-

Also those leader boards are looking really sexy.

7 hours ago, Koby said:

...will open up the VIP section to you after you hit the requirement.

Also, is this only for certain groups? or is everyone eligible? Final question, is this like a separate board that will appear?

Thanks for updating Koby :) 

• Like 1

The VIP section sounds like a great addition. I made an account so I can follow certain uploaders, but when the sort behavior that prompted the creation of the VIP section happened in some of their threads it kinda killed the whole post. Hopefully I hit that requirement. :D

• Nekone locked this topic