Console or PC?

Moar-Chan

Console or PC?  

70 members have voted

1. 1. Console or PC?

• PC
    • Console

• 1 month later...

If there are the same game for PC and console available I chose the PC, it's faster, you can upgrade your pc and it's flexible. But there are so amny games only for the ps-vita and psp(I use the ps go and ps-vita) so I also choose this console. But The PC is better, there are so many H-Games for PC and only for PC(exclusive) so it's the better choice.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

PC has more potential and I like the idea of having all of my games on just one device, but the fact of the matter is that things just don't work out that way. Not only are some games incompatible with advancing operating systems, but services like Steam are recently disabling their products on older software... all of this more or less necessitates keeping around a box specifically for playing last decade's games. Which is a bit of a pain. Consoles aren't better in that regard...

• 1 month later...
  • 4 months later...
2 hours ago, davma said:

I preferred console. Don't need to worried about updating the hardware to get a game to work. Console has a 5 year span.

Eh, nearly every time I turn on a PS3 or PS4 it has several GB worth of updates to download and install.. >_>

As for "hardware" updates, I can't recall a game actually requiring hardware updates to play on PC. If you've got old as dirt parts, you can still get by on lower settings on a lot of games. Hell my PC was outdated when I built it in 2016 (AMD FX-8350 CPU and AMD R7 370 4GB GFX) and it still plays every game I throw at it fine at medium settings.

Upgrading is more an optional thing than a requirement. If you want faster refresh rates, higher quality shadows, higher resolution, and higher fps.

• Like 1

I used to be 100% for consoles, that was until I built a high powered desktop and got a nice video card.  Now I am catching up on all those PC games I missed out on.  The graphics are a lot better on the PC too.  I think I might be done with consoles (unless they have exclusive that dont come to PC).  Even then, there is some serious work being done on emulators these days.

I actually have a brand new PS4 and Wii-U that I have not even opened yet.  The Wii-U might go up on ebay considering how much New ones are going for.  I still have pretty much every major console from the NES till now (might even have an old atari somewhere).  I have actually been slowly selling those off as well (need the space and the money).