Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

RazorDan

Re:ZERO -Starting Life in Another World-

aka Re:ZERO kara Hajimeru Isekai Seikatsu

KkFIODm.jpg

MAL

Synopsis

When Subaru Natsuki leaves the convenience store, the last thing he expects is to be wrenched from his everyday life and dropped into a fantasy world. Things aren't looking good for the bewildered teenager, however: not long after his arrival, he is attacked by some thugs; armed with only a bag of groceries and a now useless cell phone, he is quickly beaten to a pulp. Fortunately, a mysterious beauty named Satella, in hot pursuit after the one who stole her insignia, happens upon Subaru and saves him. In order to thank the honest and kindhearted girl, Subaru offers to help in her search, and later that night, he even finds the whereabouts of that which she seeks. But unbeknownst to them, a much darker force stalks the pair from the shadows, and just minutes after locating the insignia, Subaru and Satella are brutally murdered.

However, Subaru immediately reawakens to a familiar scene—confronted by the same group of thugs, meeting Satella all over again—the enigma deepens as history inexplicably repeats itself.

Hi guys, just wondering if anyone is watching ReZero? It's my favourite anime of the season and really feels like a throwback to 2006/7 in terms of pacing, episode length and general quality. Thoughts?

Yeah I've been watching it. Definitely the highlight of the season as everything else has mostly been crap.

Rem is love. Subaru is funny at times with his overacting. Beatrice is your typical tsundere. Emilia, I wonder if there is some larger connection between her and the witch. She used the witches name initially when giving Subaru her name, and apparently she resembles the witch.

I just knew the way the guy was acting last episode that he was about to introduce Felt. Crazy how she went from some low-born thief from the slums to now one of the five vying for the right to rule the kingdom.

• Like 1

Do you think so? I've heard good things about Kabaneri and Boku no Hero. Not watched them mind.

Im really looking forward to this arc with Felt, really liked her character before. I agree on the characters. I actually want Subaru to get with Rem over Emilia haha. 

I've got my eye on the Knight. He's suspicious 

I agree this is one of the only series that I have enjoyed compared to the rest currently out. 

I think the series overall have been paced well so far. Not to much simular repeats when the resets happen which was good. Close to the manga aswell, atleast from when I last checked. 

1 hour ago, (AC) said:

I agree this is one of the only series that I have enjoyed compared to the rest currently out. 

I think the series overall have been paced well so far. Not to much simular repeats when the resets happen which was good. Close to the manga aswell, atleast from when I last checked. 

So you read the manga? I don't, but I heard they've cut out quite a bit of stuff, much of which directly relates to the next arc. Wondering how true that is. I'm guessing they're just trying to adequately pace the show to get to the point they wanted to get to for an ending at episode 25.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Koby said:

So you read the manga? I don't, but I heard they've cut out quite a bit of stuff, much of which directly relates to the next arc. Wondering how true that is. I'm guessing they're just trying to adequately pace the show to get to the point they wanted to get to for an ending at episode 25.

From where I read to last everything was more or less the same. But I stopped with the manga one the series had aired. 

I read up to around half of where we are now and it was the same. But as you said they might have changes stuff now to give them an ending by cutting out some Arcs/speeding though.

Usually if I picked up a manga to read and it comes out in anime I watch the anime then start scratch with manga. Why I stopped reading this series atm. 

Edited by (AC)

• 2 weeks later...

I thought for a bit that Subaru had really lost it, but seems it was all a trick after all that didn't play out any better than the first time. Now he's got his game face on, but I just don't see how he's going to get past this point without losing someone for good. He's just too weak and his adversaries are just too OP. Also where the heck is Roswaal suppose to be? They made him out like a bad-ass but he's never around when the shit hits the fan.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Where's my Rem-chan? *RAGE* Curious what caused her to be forgotten about. Is it really related to the whale or is something else going on? hmm. Why is Puck only just now going rage mode? Why didn't he do that any of the other times Emilia was hurt or killed? This episode left a lot of questions, didn't answer any, and left fans raging. Best Girl is where?

• Like 1

On 25/7/2016 at 8:03 AM, Koby said:

Where's my Rem-chan? *RAGE* Curious what caused her to be forgotten about. Is it really related to the whale or is something else going on? hmm. Why is Puck only just now going rage mode? Why didn't he do that any of the other times Emilia was hurt or killed? This episode left a lot of questions, didn't answer any, and left fans raging. Best Girl is where?

Just caught up to the latest episode. Man this series is mind blowing. If I knew how epic and attention grabbing it was during the AotS voting I would change it to this show.

Edited by Imagine Breaker

Poor Rem. Subaru listens to all she has to say and then flat out rejects her and says he's in love with Emilia and wants Rem to stand by his side to help make Emilia smile. Subaru doesn't deserve Rem. Rem is best girl.

He should stay in capital and heal as he promised to do. Puck made it really clear that he needs to stand by his promises and stop taking them so lightly. Subaru needs to finally get into his training regime.

• Like 2

On 31/7/2016 at 3:50 PM, Koby said:

Poor Rem. Subaru listens to all she has to say and then flat out rejects her and says he's in love with Emilia and wants Rem to stand by his side to help make Emilia smile. Subaru doesn't deserve Rem. Rem is best girl.

He should stay in capital and heal as he promised to do. Puck made it really clear that he needs to stand by his promises and stop taking them so lightly. Subaru needs to finally get into his training regime.

It's the first time I watched and enjoyed an entire episode where it mostly depicts a dialogue between two characters. The emotional scene where Rem told all of her life and dreams to Subaru was really well made (although it was kind of dumb when he declared his love for Emilia just after Rem confessed hers to him - I believe that won't be the case at the end of the series though) as well as the one where they both debate on which "version" of Subaru is the true one. I got so many goosebumps by Subaru's last words to Rem at the end of the episode and I can't wait for him to start saving everyone and keeping his promises even though chances are slim, danger is approaching from every direction and we have no idea what they'll be doing next. Really excited and patiently waiting for the next episode.

Personally, I actually liked that Subaru rejected Rem straight away. It's something he'd do and its in keeping with his character. She was incredibly honest with him and he replied with equal sincerity. Its the part of him that Rem clearly loves and I think that if he'd avoided answering her confession then it would've upset her even more.

With that out of the way I'm hoping we finally start moving past Subaru's weakness. I really enjoy the show but I feel as if they've been dragging out the 'Subaru is useless and needs to accept it' storyline for far too long. Still probably one of the best shows of the year however!

So, I have to say, that creepy "background music(?)" they do occasionally is so damn fitting to the scenes. I can't explain it but, one scene near the beginning of episode 18 when Subaru "respawned" in the market with Rem after realizing he was "truly slothful" and another near the beginning of 15 when Subaru comes to that frozen room with the cults. It's so fitting to the mystery of this series.

The one thing that bothers me about this series is this whole Subaru's weakness thing. They go on this multi episode arc thing by killing him two or three times, which is just maddening even to me at times by how he dies or just the shear, utter failure the poor guy must feel, before he finally gets a plan to succeed (don't get me wrong, I have no problem with the blood but I can still feel the agony, sometimes. The VA is amazing). He is in this world where there is magic and trained fighters while he's just a simple otaku. It's sad how incredibly hard he tries to succeed but, it's obvious he simply can't do it. I feel as if they use his Return from Death ability to learn from his mistakes and use what he's learned to turn the tide. Honestly, this tactic would destroy the minds of any normal human being. Constantly seeing those you love be killed, usually butually, over and over again has got to be devastating.

It really is a great show, though. If it doesn't end with him choosing Rem in the end, I'm going to be a little disappointed. xD 

• 2 weeks later...
On 8/10/2016 at 6:22 AM, NeutralHatred said:

It really is a great show, though. If it doesn't end with him choosing Rem in the end, I'm going to be a little disappointed. xD 

To bad he's already made his choice.

Also, it's never really worth going 1080p unless it's a BD rip. All anime air in 720p, so all 1080p that aren't BD are forcefully up-scaled and would have the same quality as just full-screening a 720p version. It's not really worth the extra file size for the same quality.

Edited by Snapplemonkey

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

After watching this anime from start to end, yes there was some WTF moments.  The anime is pretty good and I give it 2.5 out of 5. There were parts I did not like and there where parts were awesome. There is a lot of ups and downs in the anime series.

I recommend to give it a watch!