Resident Evil 7

TheLastOfUs

Resident Evil 7 biohazard TAPE-1 “Desolation”

Resident Evil 7 biohazard - "Lantern" Gameplay Trailer

Resident Evil 7 biohazard TAPE-2 “The Bakers”

Resident Evil 7 biohazard TAPE-3 "Resident Evil"

Anyone else excited for this game to be released next month? Coming to PS4, XBONE, and Steam on January 24th 2017.

• Like 2

Just now, Faronil said:

PC master race xD

...but I don't know, afraid the game will be too hyped in the end just like Evil Within ¬¬ (not that it's a BAD game)

Here's hoping it surprises me.

Personally it doesn't really feel like the RE I've come to love. RE4 and RE Revelations 2 being my two favorite games of recent.

But it is apparently closer to the roots of what RE was supposed to be. RE6 became too much action and lost the horror aspect.

This first person view though is a bit iffy and the trailers suggest it'll be more like a Silent Hill game imo...

I'll wait to play the demo when it comes out later this month before making any real judgements though.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Koby said:

Personally it doesn't really feel like the RE I've come to love. RE4 and RE Revelations 2 being my two favorite games of recent.

But it is apparently closer to the roots of what RE was supposed to be. RE6 became too much action and lost the horror aspect.

This first person view though is a bit iffy and the trailers suggest it'll be more like a Silent Hill game imo...

I'll wait to play the demo when it comes out later this month before making any real judgements though.

I see what you mean, the first vibes I got though was along the lines of Outlast. Dunno, maybe just me xD

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

The game looks like a sell out. I don't know if I'll ever buy it but I wouldn't mind playing it for what it's worth. It just looks like the Bio-hazard series was trying to appeal to the huge wave that was behind Amnesia but they took so fucking long that it's coming out years later. Which could help the game or hurt it but the matter of the fact is that game changes can only go so far before you re-name the game. Wasn't Resident Evil supposed to be Devil May Cry, any way? Both those games got made and now this; I just hope that they don't forget about the people that ENJOY the living fuck out of the games all the way up to four, possibly five, but we don't talk about Raccoon City Multiplayer hell or 6. Honestly, me even saying five is generous. Am I salt? Maybe a little.

• 3 weeks later...
9 minutes ago, LostMetroid88 said:

How different is this compared to Resident Evil 4? I'm currently testing the HD Mod for Resident Evil 4 on PC and fell back in love with the franchise; but I'm not sure if I should spend the money and get Resident Evil 7?

It's like a totally different game. Brand new characters, little to nothing to do with the existing plot or time line, and more in line with what you'd expect of a game in a different franchise. It's first person instead of third, and features mostly puzzle solving and jump scares.

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

I am in the middle of playing this game right now (the Gold Edition) and while it is certainly scarier than any previous Resident Evil game, it also does not feel like its belongs as part of the series.  Unless there is some dramatic twist at the end that ties it to other games, it feels like a completely different game.

Of course, I felt that way about Resident Evil 4 as well.  Excellent game, graphics and controls, but it also felt like a completely different game from the rest.

For me, the main antagonist of Resident Evil was Umbrella.  The first 3 games followed that story line, and then things went off in a completely different direction.  I guess the new enemy is simply a "Virus" (one of many).  I mean, what happened to the Zombies?

I still love the games and will continue playing them, but they lost the feel that the originals had, and the originals are why I started playing the series in the first place.

#codww2

Edited by slick1109