software help needed.

griver_007

Hello guys,

This one of the rare moments that I will ask about something not anime related.

Anybody know some utility softwares that could do wonders even if its not premium.

I need something that fit in this needs:

- defragmenter

- firewall

- registry cleaner (i don't get how it works but it should be good)

- fine tuner or optimizer

- antivirus(already tried avg,norton and mcafee. Something new maybe)

- torrent (already have tixati, by far the best)

I need 2 samples for each. If you can provide a link that would be awesome.

Regards,

- Auslogics DiskDefrag

- Windows Firewall

- Piriform CCleaner

- ???

- Windows Defender

- uTorrent 2.2.1 (for Windows), rTorrent or gTorrent for Linux. Tixati will get you banned from private trackers

All freeware and likely to be the best you will ever find, even if you decide to go payware.

Edit: Added uTorrent version. Don't get anything other than the one mentioned.

Edited by JohnFlower
  • Like 1

- Windows has a great free defragmentation tool built in which rivals any fancy gui paid 3rd party application

- Windows firewall is my pick because its simple, free, perfect integration and strong enough for 99.9% of SOHO

- CCleaner is a fanstastic tool which will clean up your registry, temp files, startup apps etc...

- I use Avira for Anti virus, its a free app, but i'v noticed when it comes to Free AV its very 'user dependant'

- Im after a decent torrent client too, i used to use utorrent but after digging into the application a bit i found out how much spyware / malware / botnet / bloatware it actually installs in the background its pretty scary so now i wont go near it with a 300ft pole

• Like 1

Im after a decent torrent client too, i used to use utorrent but after digging into the application a bit i found out how much spyware / malware / botnet / bloatware it actually installs in the background its pretty scary so now i wont go near it with a 300ft pole

It got that way when it was sold to another company. As JohnFlower said; search for 2.2.1

It was the last great version of utorrent; which is ad-free, etc...

- Puran Defrag  The lightest, cleanest, most powerful free defrag program around

- Avast! or Avira Anti-vir are probably your best options for free AV...with SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes AntiMalware for additional protection if required.

- uTorrent or qBittorrent  I prefer uTorrent but you have to be careful while installing it to avoid toolbars etc.

• Like 1

Windows defrag

Windows firewall (unless you have strict security requirements in which case a lot of people I know use zone alarm last I asked which was like 4 years ago).

CCleaner

For like games? NVIDIA and AMD both have tuning software out I don't remember the names. There's also stuff like game booster by razer. I don't think these softwares do much though. You need to manually tune your system. If you mean like reorganizing file systems, free disk analyzer can help with that as well.

Malwarebytes to clean out an existing infection. Avast to make sure you don't get infected again.

idk I usually xdcc

-Reformat HDD or buy a SSD

-Turn off firewall since it causes more trouble than needed

-Delete /System32

-Run regedit and delete as much registry keys as you can

-Only idiots need protection, prevention is better than cure

-Who said you need a torrent client to download a torrent file, use the HASH key

-????

-PROFIT!!!

Why delete System32 and how do I download with hashcode

• Like 1

...how do I download with hashcode

The hash is the main part of the magnet link. To create the link simply add "magnet:?xt=urn:btih:" (without quotes) before the hash and that is it. The torrent will have no trackers, but DHT and Peer Exchange still works for public tracker torrents.

More info on hash can be found on Wikipedia.

And you input that where?

And you input that where?

Any torrent client. I use µTorrent 2.2.1, but most clients should be able to handle magnet links by now. It is also possible to input it in web browser, and it should open link with associated software.

The torrent hash can also be used to find the associated torrent - just search it in Google (or any search engine). This can be used to find additional trackers for torrents.

Defraggler

CCleaner or better yet manually remove temp files, registry entries, reinstall windows, e.g. It's best to know what's going in and out of your PC. Don't rely on "optimizers."

Windows Defender for viruses, Malwarebytes for malware, HijackThis for rootkits

uTorrent 2.2.1 - I've used a lot of clients but always go back to this. qBittorrent is good too.

Edited by Valkexia
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

- Puran Defrag  The lightest, cleanest, most powerful free defrag program around

- Avast! or Avira Anti-vir are probably your best options for free AV...with SuperAntiSpyware or MalwareBytes AntiMalware for additional protection if required.

- uTorrent or qBittorrent  I prefer uTorrent but you have to be careful while installing it to avoid toolbars etc.

Tried utorrent. They change ever since ver. 2. something. Too bad I purchased the premium version.

Puran Defrag caught my attention. I'll try it.

Edited by griver_007

-Delete /System32

-Who said you need a torrent client to download a torrent file, use the HASH key

-????

-PROFIT!!!

No can do on reformatting. Too many animes in storage. And windows 32 is an important software right? How would deliting it will help out speeding up PC?

• 2 weeks later...

-Delete /System32

-????

-PROFIT!!!

No can do on reformatting. Too many animes in storage. And windows 32 is an important software right? How would deliting it will help out speeding up PC?

Lol, he was being sarcastic... dont delete System32!!!

-Delete /System32

-????

-PROFIT!!!

If you're going to intentionally give bad tech advice don't bother. This is trollish behavior and won't be tolerated.

-Delete /System32

-????

-PROFIT!!!

If you're going to intentionally give bad tech advice don't bother. This is trollish behavior and won't be tolerated.

Don't be like that, I give both good advice and bad advice depending on the post. Besides this post had good enough answers, so having some fun doesn't hurt. Sticking to conventional methods sucks. What I said about a few points is quite true, i.e. prevention is better than cure. Besides the way I see it, if this person falls for a simple troll post like this, I don't see how it's my fault. There is a fine line between common sense and idiocy. So I see no problems.

If you check some other threads, I do post quite legit answers. It's just depends on my mood and how stupid the question can be.

Edited by Get Rekt