One Piece FUNimation Dub Discussion

Kid Ryan

• 1 month later...

The dub of One Piece is pretty bad. I don't know how and why but when I started watching One Piece I was watching the dub. I stopped watching the dub at around episode 60 and then I realized how bad the dub was. Like in the subbed version when luffy screams gomu gomu no.... its awsome, but in the dub it seems like the voice actor of luffy is trying not to wake her mom up when she shouts gum gum.

Edited by Killua
forgot to add something

5 hours ago, Killua said:

The dub of One Piece is pretty bad. I don't know how and why but when I started watching One Piece I was watching the dub. I stopped watching the dub at around episode 60 and then I realized how bad the dub was. Like in the subbed version when luffy screams gomu gomu no.... its awsome, but in the dub it seems like the voice actor of luffy is trying not to wake her mom up when she shouts gum gum.

Which One Piece dub were you watching? The edited 4Kids Dub, or the uncut and unedited FUNimation dub?

3 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

Which One Piece dub were you watching? The edited 4Kids Dub, or the uncut and unedited FUNimation dub?

I was watching the FUNimation dub. The 4kids dub seems even worse, I have seen some clips of it on youtube.

5 hours ago, Killua said:

I was watching the FUNimation dub. The 4kids dub seems even worse, I have seen some clips of it on youtube.

That's because the 4Kids dub came before FUNimation.

Regarding the FUNimation dub, were you watching old TVRips that were edited, or the actual uncut and unedited DVDRips/FUNimation.com streams?

8 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

That's because the 4Kids dub came before FUNimation.

Regarding the FUNimation dub, were you watching old TVRips that were edited, or the actual uncut and unedited DVDRips/FUNimation.com streams?

I was watching the unedited ones. I recently watched the 400th episode just to see if the dub is any better. It is still the same, pretty bad.

15 hours ago, Killua said:

I was watching the unedited ones. I recently watched the 400th episode just to see if the dub is any better. It is still the same, pretty bad.

To each their own then. You probably watched the original Japanese version first, which is why you prefer it.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Toddler Naruto said:

To each their own then. You probably watched the original Japanese version first, which is why you prefer it.

Well I prefer the sub of One Piece, if you prefer the dub it's your own opinion I can't force you to like the sub more than the dub.

• Like 1

• 9 months later...

Well one piece funimation dub episode one through 324 was good when Mike McFarland was the voice or adr director but after that he left to do other programs and it just started to fall apart they didn’t took their time or effort and patience with it like they with previous ones funimation just got lazy and rush it way too fast all just to make that $$$$

Edited by Guillermo31

• 4 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Stormness_1 said:

Which episode is the dub currently up to? I can't get Funimation in my country to check. I'm waiting on DVD releases, but I haven't seen any news as to when the next one will be, and not knowing what ep they're upto, I'm unsure how far out they'll even be.

FUNimation DVD releases: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/FUNimation_Entertainment/Seasons_7-9

English Dub is at Episode 563, with Episodes 564-574 releasing on May 15, 2018.

No news of when Season 10 Part 1 will be released.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• 3 weeks later...
On 4/10/2018 at 4:51 PM, Toddler Naruto said:

FUNimation DVD releases: http://onepiece.wikia.com/wiki/FUNimation_Entertainment/Seasons_7-9

English Dub is at Episode 563, with Episodes 564-574 releasing on May 15, 2018.

No news of when Season 10 Part 1 will be released.

Thanks. Madman only has up to 504 (collection 41) released, I could import them, but I'm happy to wait for local stock, so long as I know an approximate timeline. I'll be waiting a little longer than you guys, but it's not too bad!

• Like 2

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 months later...
5 minutes ago, Pickalo said:

Too bad that Funimation never went beyond this Dubbed. But watching it subbed isn't too bad a thing, as this anime is awesome! Gear Second!

Beyond what? FUNimation has dubbed around 580 episodes and still dubbing it. They release like a 12 episode set every 3 months or so usually.