I don't like the new Frieza form :/

I'm the same, it would have been better if Akira Toriyama just left him looking the same, transformations have been done to death now.

Even the manga for this is pretty stupid. Frieza is revived by Shenron in pieces........surely he would have died instantly. Frieza isn't Cell or Buu, he can't be sliced into pieces and still live. I don't even understand why Frieza was bought back to life in pieces anyway. Why couldn't Shenron just bring him straight back to life in his Mecha form ? When Tien was revived he wasn't revived without his arm so i don't see why Frieza should be revived into small pieces.

I think Akira Toriyama has lost it to be honest. He revealed that he thought Super Saiyan 3 was Super Saiyan 2 in an interview a while back. Also, in the recent manga, he has completely forgotten that Shenron can make 2 wishes.

• Like 1

Could be the art style of the anime or something else don't get me wrong I grew up watching dragon ball z liked it like other people did cause was different from the other action animated series like batman tas, x -men

Edited by Guillermo31

I also like Dragon Ball better (though I haven't watched that much of Z). I think Dragon Ball, at least until the King Piccolo Arc, is more adventure oriented like a questing show where Z is more action oriented focusing on fights and villains.

Ye both of them are right and so are you of course, Guillermo31. Dragon Ball had that super adventure feel and most of the time you didn't know what would happen, which made it all the more worth to find out what would come. Whereas Dragon Ball Z was very repetitive in its fights and knowing who would win. Fight, Goku wins, then dies or something and does training. He gets stronger blah blah blah, new forms and repeat. Even if he didn't win one of the fights, he did actually win it, if you know what I'm talking about *coughs* Cell *coughs*.

Dragon Ball Z in that respect relied solely on Goku to win everything. Even though that did happen in Dragon Ball, he lost sometimes and the power level stuff wasn't so escalated. It was very much grounded. Not to mention all those gags and other miscellaneous funny stuff in Dragon Ball that wasn't present in Dragon Ball Z :P

Edited by Qrazed

DBZ Big Green Cast

74vOnua.jpg

Goku Guy
Goku, Bardock

[MV 01]
[MV 02]
[MV 03]
[MV 04]
[MV 05]
[MV 06]
[MV 07]
[MV 08]
[MV 09]
[TV 01]
[TV 02]

Old Bastard
Vegeta, Piccolo/Big Green, Roshi, Hercule/Satan, Narrator

[MV 01]
[MV 02]
[MV 03] Turles
[MV 04]
[MV 05]
[MV 06]
[MV 07]
[MV 08]
[MV 09]
[TV 01] Frieza, Dodoria, Shugesh, Borgos
[TV 02]

That Dude Who's Trying Too Hard To Sound Cool

Android 17, Yamcha, Trunks

[MV 01]
[MV 02]
[MV 03]
[MV 04]
[MV 05]
[MV 06] Vegeta
[MV 07]
[MV 08]
[MV 09]
[TV 01] Young Vegeta, Tora
[TV 02]

The Only Female Actor
Chi-Chi, Gohan, Bulma, Krillin, Android 18
[DB 01]
[DB 02]
[DB 03]
[MV 01]
[MV 02]
[MV 03]
[MV 04]
[MV 05]
[MV 06]
[MV 07]
[MV 08]
[MV 09]
[TV 01] Fasha
[TV 02]

The Alien That Voices Tien

Tien

Still in progress. Hit me up with suggestions/corrections for the names and roles, it's nowhere near finished.

As you can see, the main chars are on the first line, with the minor ones separated by movie.

Edited by Badman
  • Like 1

The code for the movies/specials (Items in red are currently missing)

[DB 01] Curse of the Blood Rubies
[DB 02] Sleeping Princess in Devil's Castle
[DB 03] Mystical Adventure

[MV 01] Dead Zone
[MV 02] World Strongest
[MV 03] Tree of Might
[MV 04] Lord Slug
[MV 05] Cooler 1
[MV 06] Cooler 2
[MV 07] Super Android 13
[MV 08] Broly 1
[MV 09] Bojack Unbound
[TV 01] Bardock, Father of Goku
[TV 02] History of Trunks

[GT 01] A Hero's Legacy

Edited by Badman

Toei Animation has announced production on Dragon Ball Super (Japanese title; tentative for English release), the first all-new Dragon Ball television series to be released in 18 years. Following the recent events of the hit feature film, Dragon Ball Z: Resurrection ‘F’, Dragon Ball Super will debut in Japan in July 2015. 

Reuniting the franchise’s iconic characters, Dragon Ball Super will follow the aftermath of Goku’s fierce battle with Majin Buu, as he attempts to maintain earth’s fragile peace. Overseen by Dragon Ball’s original creator, Akira Toriyama, and produced with Fuji Television, Dragon Ball Super promises to draw on its historic past to create a "bold, new universe welcoming to fans and endearing to new viewers."

“Having loved Dragon Ball since childhood, it is very exciting to be a part of this project,” said Osamu Nozaki, producer for Fuji Television. “Mr. Toriyama has developed a plot that’s not only a dream come true for Dragon Ball’s millions of fans, but one that will foster in a new generation of viewers.”

“When I joined Toei Animation, one of my first assignments saw me working on the production of Dragon Ball Z,” said Atsushi Kido, producer for Toei Animation. “While there for only a short period of time, being a part of the series left a lasting impression. We look forward to carrying on Dragon Ball’s tremendous legacy, bringing audiences a brand new Dragon Ball with the same sense of heart and commitment that went into past Dragon Ball productions.”

“I’ve used the word ‘cho’ (super) in so many commercials, games and other media, it is fantastic that the long awaited Dragon Ball Super will finally begin,” said Masako Nozawa, Japanese voice actress of Dragon Ball’s Son Goku, Son Gohan and Son Goten. “I hope that this series will last a long time and have the same impact around the world as its predecessor.”

http://www.crunchyroll.com/anime-news/2015/04/28/toei-animation-begins-production-on-dragon-ball-super-tv-anime

amazing.gif

I'm both excited and concerned. I'm not a fan of the new animation style and some of Akira Toriyama's idea's haven't impressed me at all. Super Saiyan God Super Saiyan is really stupid and unoriginal in my opinion.

I'm hoping that characters other than Goku and Vegeta get a chance to shine. I'm tired of Saiyans and their transformations. But with Goku and Vegeta's power levels being so much higher than the rest i can't see that happening now.

I'm hoping we get to see these 12 universes that was mentioned in Battle of the God's and i hope Uub is in it.

Somehow... I'm sort of not surprised by this. The two new movies were obvious hints that something like this was going to happen.

Regardless... this... should be interesting. To say the least.

I'll be anxiously waiting for and watching the english dub version.

:happy:

• Like 2

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Tanuki Tom
      i really wanna see a neko majin anime I know its just a gag manga but I really like the character
    • By grandmasterdude
      Hi, first of all i would like to thank all the contributors here for helping other people out in getting the content they need. I just stumbled upon kametsu  a couple of days earlier in search for the ocean dubs and found ecio's post, unfortunately those links aren't working past episode 14 anymore but then i found Mr. Kimiko's ISOs and am currently trying to download them. Anyway, my question is that I have been unable to find any way to scrape the ocean dub episodes into XBMC. TheTVdb only has the Funimation episodes and they seem not to let anyone add the other dubs. So is there another way to do this? Maybe someone has already created the nfo files and would be kind enough to upload them for everyone?
    • By Arian
      So I'm sure most of you have seen Kirbopher's post that he made late Saturday night regarding Ocean Kai. If not, here's what he said:

Believe it or not, all hope is not lost here. We all have to band together and get Teletoon to see that we want this show on the airwaves.

Go to this link, https://www.teletoon.com/en/info/contact

Go to "I want to make a suggestion" and request "Dragon Ball Kai produced by Ocean Studios."

You can be elaborate or keep it short and sweet. Just get the message across. If enough of us email them, they may consider it.

Thank you for your time.

-Arian

• By clutchins
      I originally posted this as a long. branching status with each sentence in its own comments. This post has been edited and expanded from its original text.

TEXT:

I have often compared Dragon Ball Z to Star Wars in terms of story, cultural significance, and importance to each respective genre. When you look at the big picture of both franchises, there are a number of striking similarities. Today I'm going to talk about one big difference between the franchises And though I'm going to focus on what might seem like a small aspect, it will have major ramifications.

I think Kanzenshuu and the bigwig rare Dragon Ball collectors/archivists (you know who I'm talking about) could learn a thing or two from the Star Wars fanbase.

I see more transparency and willingness to share content over at originaltrilogy.com than at Kanzenshuu, and that's partially because of Kanzenshuu's strict no-piracy policy. Even the guys restoring the original trilogy from rare 35mm prints have been completely cooperative with the community about their efforts, and while they have been working on it for several years now, the forumgoers are patiently awaiting the final product because they know it takes time and effort. They also have come to terms with the reality that Lucasfilm will never truly embrace the non-special edition ever again, and so they have taken the matter into their own hands.

The hardcore Dragon Ball fans who have gathered tapes, recordings, and other such paraphernalia have stored all those items away in a hole somewhere never to see the light of day ever again. They're too afraid of big, bad Toei to share any of this goldmine with the true fans. Instead we have waited for either Toei or Funimation to do anything with the property, but in the end we all get the long, hard shaft because too many fans either don't know or don't care about the true version of the show that aired from 1986 to 1997. There are times when I feel like we're all part of some clandestine, underground movement to restore Dragon Ball to its former glory (re: quality). But nobody who wants the true version actually has any resources that could accomplish this and the people who DO have them are sitting on their asses feeling good about themselves. These people need to wake up and smell the roses. They need to realize that they have the power to make the dreams of all the hardcore fans come true.

I think a big hurdle for these people is the threat of piracy. Well let me copy and paste the time-honored code of Fan-Edits and Preservations, which is what would categorize a project of this flavor:

-Flavor text taken from an entry on originaltrilogy.com

Sadly because we are a part of the anime community on the Internet, it is assumed that we only support any effort that forgoes payment. However, since this is about Dragon Ball, let me posit this. Isn't Dragon Ball, in its various forms, a staple in most anime fans' collection? Don't you think there's a good chance that any given Dragon Ball fan owns at least the Orange Bricks, one of the best selling anime box sets of all time? These fans have paid their dues (in more ways than one) and easily qualify to possess any fan-edits or preservations.

The one thing keeping together the Star Wars preservation community is the clause that we've all heard Team Four Star say at the end of their legal disclaimers in every episode of their parody series: "Please support the official release". Lucasfilm, to my knowledge, has never cracked down on originaltrilogy.com because of this code. Granted, none of the actual links to these projects are posted publicly on the site, which bypasses the piracy issue entirely. I wish Kanzenshuu had that same kind of policy. All the hardcore fans on the Internet congregate there and have fervently discussed the shortcomings of every home video release of the franchise. But if the forum were to adopt a filesharing policy like the one that originaltrilogy.com has, far fewer people would be clamoring for the "final form" of Dragon Ball, so to speak, and it would open up discussion of the franchise even... further... beyond!

But where would we host all this delicious content? Why, the same place you can find Star Wars files dating back a decade ago: A certain private torrent tracker with the same name as an organ of the human body (you either know what I'm talking about or don't here, sorry). It's a place, nay a haven for fans of long-lost material and fan projects, and one of the stipulations for uploading content is that it not be commercially available, which is crucial to its ecosystem. I'm surprised that at least more of the international fans have not found this website and already set up shop there. It is home to swaths of old TV recordings, semi-professional edits and restorations to movies, and countless color corrections. And all three of these are elements that the perfect Dragon Ball release require to hold up to fan scrutiny.

I urge Kanzenshuu to support fan-edited and fan-preserved content that is distributed fairly amongst fellow supporters of the official release. As long as the disclaimer is properly displayed to the prospective downloader, there is nothing wrong or illegal with sharing content of this nature. Allowing such content to be discussed and even distributed privately would foster a sort of community-wide goal to achieve the perfect version of everybody's favorite anime series.

Star Wars fans have experienced such a community for nearly two decades since the release of the much-derided Special Edition in 1997. In almost the same amount of time, Dragon Ball fans have sat back and watched as the powers that be slowly dismantled the original version of the iconic series that Fuji TV aired once upon a time.

Don't you think it's high time we take our show back?

DISCLAIMER: I have nothing against Kanzenshuu, VegettoEX, or anybody I "mentioned" personally. I am a member of kanzenshuu.com, originaltrilogy.com, and the website I mentioned towards the end which I choose not to disclose here out of respect for privacy. I am also aware that a few of those rare collectors have worked with Toei personally about said rare material, but those talks have achieved very little. I do not support or endorse harassment of any parties mentioned.