SOTW #154: Kyoto Animation [Closed!]

Apollo

I'm new and now everybody is going to hate me! Just remember I loved all of these!

1. firedogx10-

I love the lighting and are the butterflies a brush pack you downloaded or part of the stock image? If it was a brush I would possibly take them out all together or played around with the size a little or something.

2. Apollo-

Probably would have taken first in my eyes if your focal wasn't cluttered (would have used a 20% opacity eraser on certain parts). I feel like just an overlay for the text would have been cool. And the flow is disrupted by the stock image's background in the top right corner in my opinion.

3. Emrys-

Lower the image dimensions, went with a 1px border, darken and possibly sharpen around the edges towards the focal (would make the focal pop even more without going overkill on the brightness), and did something different with the text would have made this piece epic on so many levels!

I really debated on doing c&c because 1. my sig is a mess and 2. all of my sigs are a mess and I don't really have room to say anything.

-------------------------------
Votes
First off.
HOW DO I CHOOSE?
Okay, I'm gonna try now, but it ain't gonna be easy.

firedogx10:
(+) The lighting, holy crap it's just so amazing, I can't get over it. It's so blended it almost looks like official art you resized into a sig.  I just really love it, such amazing work.
(-) PHBBBTT I got nothing

Kouhai:
(+) So crisp, it reminds of a fresh dollar bill, I love the text and how it's blended in and pretty much everything else about it.
(-) PHBBTT I got nothing here either

Emrys:
(+) All of it. The color scheme is great, the render  nice is really, the lighting is nice. It's overall appeasing to the (my) eyes.
(-) Maybe use a different font, I'm not a big fan of that one (but that more personal)

To me, all of you are first place.
I loved so much about all of your sigs
Runner's Up

Tsukumo Yuma:

So so so so cute, did you pick out that background or was it from the anime?
I know some shows use live action BGs, either way it's adorable.
Some of the edges look a little off, like the right side doesn't look as smooth as the left does.
Your text is a little better, the size is good, the color is a little bright and I think the placing is awkward.
Kudos for doing a gif though, I tried making a gif a couple of SOTWs ago and failed hard.

Aphrodite:

Another super cute sig, that render is adorable.
The left side looks nice and blended, but the right side looks a little naked and while I really like the font and color choice, I feel like there is a lot of it though.

Apollo:

This sig gives me the feeling that if I knew the character, I would have a better understanding of the style you used.
I like that you went with a male, unlike the rest of us that used females and I like that yours has a darker, more emotional feel to it but it's really colorful at the same time therefore the bright greens and yellows really throw me off from the rest of the sig, I like it a lot, don't get me wrong though.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Anyhow, always remember, If you like what you've made then it's good!
Unless you're doing a request, cause the person you've made something for should also like it. :D

Apollo - It had a moodie feel about it, which I like

Emrys - really good, but it does seem like the girl was resized a little to big for the resolution of the pic

firedogx10

Tsukumo Yuma:

So so so so cute, did you pick out that background or was it from the anime?

Thank you!

I picked it out, I think it is a picture from a park, if I remember right.

Edited by Tsukumo Yuma

1. Firedogx10 - Nice and soft/calm signature. You're really good at splashing the stocks around the render.
2. Apollo - So cool. between the light around the render and the shadows on him sets the scene so well. + no empty space. so good.
3. Aphrodite - Similar to Firedogs, nice and calm. The open space is prominent because the BG is a little plain though. Border is cool, but I don't like how the signature has a shadow on top of the border.

--Runner ups(in no order)--
ParasiteEve - lmfao. Don't know where you found that render, or maybe you colored it yourself but preeeetty funny. I'm just not into the heavy grunge. :x
Tsukumo Yuma - kawaii. Nice job changing your text, though it's still a bit off? At least it's change though. :3 Can't wait to see what you can do.
Emrys - I liked how you smudged the render a bit. Cool effects. Her skin is bright as though~.

• Like 1

Apollo -I really like how you made this sig to match this character's phantom side.  Really suits to the character.

Parasite - I really had a tough time between you and Apollo's.  As they were both amazing.

Taukumo Yuma - I usually don't for yours cause you always make your text really off in color and style to where it doesn't flow well with you sig.  You did better with you text this time.  The other problem with yours is that your borders are not smoothed and so it makes it look mess.  Now for the reason I voted for you...I really want to give you kudos for doing an animated sig and making it look cute.