SOTW #153: Blue [Closed!]

Alice

-------------------------------
Votes

Kouhai:
(+) Feels unique, great text, great render.
(-) I wish the hair had a tint of blue, but that isn't really a minus.

poetictagedy:
(+) Super clean, nice flow, big fan of the small text 
(-) The only thing and I don't even really consider it a minus but not having all of his arm in the sig looks kinda weird to me.

Tsukumo Yuma:
(+) Good render choice, improvement from last sotw
(-) As Koby mentioned you should work on yout text, it doesn't have much flow with the rest of your sig and I think maybe rounding off or giving it a transparent faded out look would have been nice. (just realized I pretty much as exactly what Kody did)
Runner Up

Nagisa:
I like that your text is blended in more this time, but as mentioned the lighting is off.

Firedogx10:
I really like this sig and the render is awesome, but it feels kinda empty and I think some text would have helped it out a little.

playlamegetfame:
Another great sig, I like the font and that you slanted it, but all of the text gives it a cluttered look.

Emrys:
The background is nice as is the lighting,good text, but the skin of the render looks extremely bleached out, the only facial features I can make out are her eyes.

This was the most difficult sotw I've had to vote on in a while, all entries are amazing.

Aah. What to do~. So many good entries. For me, first, second and third place were all interchangeable this week.

1. Firedogx10
2. Poetictragedy
3. PLGF

I thought PLGF's was the best / hardest to achieve in terms of technique. But Firedog's was the most pleasing to the eye. And finally I thought Poe's was second in terms of visuals and technique.
I placed my order like this because I feel for a one-round competition visual aspect is the most important.
--
Tsukumo - Amazing, haha. Just the two things that were as mentioned before- The text, and the sudden ending of the signature. I'm not a big fan off fade-outs but I think if you kept the transparency and added a border it would have looked really good. Similar to Poe's Free! signature. But as it is now, it looks a little uncontained/unrefined.
That being said, it's bit of a shame that this SOTW has such good entries, I would normally vote a signature like this in the top 3. :x

Votes

Kouhai:

poetictagedy:

(-) The only thing and I don't even really consider it a minus but not having all of his arm in the sig looks kinda weird to me.

Tsukumo Yuma:

(-) As Koby mentioned you should work on yout text, it doesn't have much flow with the rest of your sig and I think maybe rounding off or giving it a transparent faded out look would have been nice. (just realized I pretty much as exactly what Kody did)

Runner Up

Nagisa:
I like that your text is blended in more this time, but as mentioned the lighting is off.

Firedogx10:
I really like this sig and the render is awesome, but it feels kinda empty and I think some text would have helped it out a little.

playlamegetfame:
Another great sig, I like the font and that you slanted it, but all of the text gives it a cluttered look.

Emrys:

The background is nice as is the lighting,good text, but the skin of the render looks extremely bleached out, the only facial features I can make out are her eyes.

This was the most difficult sotw I've had to vote on in a while, all entries are amazing.

I love your voting format, ahah. It makes me look forward to your vote every week :$ Thanks for the constant c&c. :3

• Like 1

Votes

Kouhai:

poetictagedy:

Tsukumo Yuma:

Runner Up

Nagisa:

Firedogx10:

playlamegetfame:

Emrys:

I love your voting format, ahah. It makes me look forward to your vote every week :$ Thanks for the constant c&c. :3

Haha, it's what I do to make up for the mediocre ways I do everything else. :D

I've been trying to give c&c in the hopes I could receive some for myself and I hope I'm doing it properly since I've just started giving it. lol