Re-timing Fansubs Using Aegisub

Zero93644

I recently began to learn how to use Aegissub. Does anyone have any tips on how to re-time fansubs so that everything is properly synced. Like karaoke and signs. Sometimes everything will sync up but signs will be a frame or two off and bleed into the next scene. Any tips or tricks to make things quicker and easier would be helpful thanks. 

I am learning about this too. I'm working on an encode with terrible timing.

Here's a tip.

When using shift timer, highlight the subtitle line that needs to be fixed and type the number of seconds, milliseconds, or minutes that it needs to move. Then press ok. 

Edited by undertehker

Some good stuff in case someone doesn't know about it:

unanimated's page

whynot's timing guide

Edit:

Any help with timing OP and ED with nothing to go off of except audio. Karaoke mode helps but if I could slow down the audio I would be able to time it better.

Are you timing already made kara, making your own template or simple \k \ko thingy?

Edited by Baal

Some good stuff in case someone doesn't know about it:

unanimated's page

whynot's timing guide

Edit:

Any help with timing OP and ED with nothing to go off of except audio. Karaoke mode helps but if I could slow down the audio I would be able to time it better.

Are you timing already made kara, making your own template or simple \k \ko thingy?

Already made Fansubbed Karaoke. Basically what I want to do is slow down the audio cursor in the audio waveform box when I play the selected line so that I can time it as close as possible. Because right now I am just eyeing it. Lucky for me though I know exactly how to time it because every episode the fansubs have been off by exactly 24 frames. But by just eying it I probably would have put it at 26 frames or 21 frames and unless the fansubs had effects I would not be able to tell the difference. 

I dont know much about the software.  I only use the "Shift Times" option under the "Timing" tab when the subs are out of sync with the audio in a movie.

However whenever I download an .srt that I just cant get to sync at all, I assume is it because the FPS must be different than my video.  So I go to "export subtitles" and use the "transform framerate" filter to make sure the subs match the video fps (which is usually 23.976 for me), BUT ..... that never seems to fix the problem.  It might slightly improve the subs, but never fixes it.  Not sure what I am doing wrong.