iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S?

Arian

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Phone Do You Think is Better of the Two?

• iPhone Series
    • Samsung Galaxy S Series

Yeah, Touchwiz is kind of bad (Galaxy S4 owner myself but my phone is rooted and etc). Touchwiz UI is probably the current worst OEM skin at the moment. When I mean worst, Im not saying bad as motoblur, but its just not as optmized as it should be (I mess with too many phones already :anger: ). Point is, if you want specs and flexibility you should at android.

I don't know where Touchwiz gets all the hate from. There are a couple things that would be nice if changed, but when I compare it other launchers I've used (Stock, Nova, GO, etc...) it seems pretty nice.

• 2 weeks later...

Yeah, Touchwiz is kind of bad (Galaxy S4 owner myself but my phone is rooted and etc). Touchwiz UI is probably the current worst OEM skin at the moment. When I mean worst, Im not saying bad as motoblur, but its just not as optmized as it should be (I mess with too many phones already :anger: ). Point is, if you want specs and flexibility you should at android.

I don't know where Touchwiz gets all the hate from. There are a couple things that would be nice if changed, but when I compare it other launchers I've used (Stock, Nova, GO, etc...) it seems pretty nice.

It is just poorly optimized. The new settings menu in the S5 seems a bit unorganized compared to the S4 and AOSP build. I have practically messed with every phone out there so I noticed that touchwiz isn't as snappy as HTC's UI and LG's UI. Samsung seems on insisting adding more stuff to the phones when it really isn't all that necessary. Then again, US carriers have a fair shame of the blame as well.

Edited by Kenpachi 91

Samsung seems on insisting adding more stuff to the phones when it really isn't all that necessary. Then again, US carriers have a fair shame of the blame as well.

That's one thing I dislike about phones. More than half the preinstalled shit is useless crap taking up space; but the carriers have made the phone have those apps and also disabled the ability to remove them. Unless you jailbreak stuff, you can't do a lot of stuff you should be able to do and well not everyone wants to learn how to jailbreak just to remove some shitty apps.
  • Like 1

That's one thing I dislike about phones. More than half the preinstalled shit is useless crap taking up space; but the carriers have made the phone have those apps and also disabled the ability to remove them. Unless you jailbreak stuff, you can't do a lot of stuff you should be able to do and well not everyone wants to learn how to jailbreak just to remove some shitty apps.

The people not willing to learn should not be complaining, but they do anyway, and they are too damn loud. The information is available for almost every make/model of popular branded phones, so there really is no excuse.

I honestly like TouchWiz. Granted, it is the only alternate UI I have ever used, but it does its job just fine. From my years of using CyanogenMod, and then finally switching back to stock Samsung based ROMs, I really do feel that TouchWiz is better than AOSP. That's not to say that it's more 'optimised'. I struggle to find some settings with my Note 3 (which isn't a big deal for a long time Android user)... But it is far from the lag hell that people claim it to be. Even my ancient S2 is as snappy as it was with CyanogenMod.

Edited by JohnFlower

Just go with Samsung Galaxy S, the latest iPhone tend to heat up on the backside it is an issue for me to use when calling or playing music and video. The only way to fix that issue is use a rubber casing to shield the annoying heat build up. Also i'm not sure about iPhone 5c have any issue since I only have iPhone 5s

Edited by TokyoSama

i have an ipad, LOVE it. but i also have a galaxy S4. personally i prefer the Samsung phones above the iphone. 

Apple has amazing syncing between its products, but as iv heard (dont own a samsung tablet or TV) Samsung phones are improving their syncing between their products.

just my 10cents. 

For me, it would be Galaxy S, it all depends on what you use your phone for. If you have an Apple setup structure (e.g. Apple TV, Macbook, ect) and you don't mind syncing and airplaying videos, music ect.. Then you would probably be best with an iphone. Although you can do this with some android apps (Doubletwist, Allcast)

As for Touchwiz on Galaxy S, If it's bogging your phone down, you can install custom Firmwares if you have an international version of Galaxy S series (I've got a Galaxy S4 i505) If you just want plain android (not touchwiz) You can try installing Jamal's Galaxy S4 Google Edition CFW (Provided you Root the phone using CFAutoroot and install A Custom Recovery like philz touch recovery)

..But I think i'm getting way ahead with that last paragraph xD

my personal inclination is towards the galaxy s series (in addition to what has already been said) because if you plan to keep your phone for a few years the battery will eventually start to decay and swapping out the battery on a galaxy is quicker easier and doesn't require you to do anything that could damage the phone compared to the i phone, which is fairly easy to damage while doing even this simple task.