iPhone or Samsung Galaxy S?

Arian

26 members have voted

1. 1. Which Phone Do You Think is Better of the Two?

• iPhone Series
    • Samsung Galaxy S Series

apple products are so bad....

i am with samsung all the way lol the tablets i have from them and my phone are so much better built and andriod is coded better then ios.

As a tech geek, I can say that they both technically suck.

In terms of hardware, iPhone takes the cake.

-_- Apparently you like to talk big without doing your homework.

GS5 takes shots in a higher resolution (16 MP to the iPhone's 8 MP).

GS5 is water-resistance; iPhone is not (GS5 is rated IP67, which means it passed a test where it soaked in 1 meter (3.3 ft) of water for 30 minutes)

The iPhone 5s' killer feature is its Touch ID fingerprint sensor. Biometric sensors are all the rage these days, and I'd say Apple's Touch ID is the best you'll find in a smartphone. The GS5 actually has a fingerprint sensor in its home button as well, but it's a swipe-based scanner. On the iPhone, you merely rest your finger on the home button for a very brief moment.

the GS5 has not just a fingerprint scanner, but also a heart rate monitor.

Like the Galaxy S4, the GS5 also has built-in infrared capabilities. This lets you use your Galaxy as a remote control for your TV and cable or satellite box. The iPhone doesn't do that.

Battery life is good for both phones, but the Galaxy S5 comes out ahead in that department. We like to do a test where we stream video on a device, with brightness set at 75 percent. In this test, the GS5 logged an impressive 9 hours and 27 minutes. The iPhone lasted 6 hours, 15 minutes.

When it comes to battery life, the Galaxy S5 also has an ace up its sleeve. Have you ever had a phone completely conk out, leaving you without even the most basic of functions, like emergency calls or text messages? Well, the GS5's Ultra Power Saving Mode is a clever solution. Turn the feature on, and the phone's screen will shift to black & white, and you'll be greeted by a new home screen with just the basics (phone, text messages, browser, etc). In this mode, Samsung says 10 percent of battery can last up to 24 hours.

The Galaxy S5's display is big and beautiful. Diagonally, it measures 5.1 inches, with 1,920 x 1,080 resolution. The iPhone's screen is 4 inches, with 1,136 x 640 resolution. To put that in perspective, the iPhone only gives you 62 percent as much screen as the GS5. It also only gives you 35 percent as many pixels (though I don't think that sharpness difference is nearly as noticeable as the size difference). If you're on a mission for maximum screen and maximum crispness, then your choice is clear.

The short and technical version:

The Samsung Galaxy S5 sports a 5.1-inch 1080p SAMOLED display at 432ppi, a 16mp rear camera, 32-bit Snapdragon 801 processor, 2GB of RAM, 16 or 32GB of flash storage (expandable via MicroSD), 802.11ac MIMO Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, LTE networking, replaceable battery, swipe-based fingerprint identity scanner, and get this — water resistance with a IP67 rating.

The Apple iPhone 5s has a 4-inch 640p in-cell ISP LCD display at 326ppi, an 8mp rear camera, 64-bit Apple A7 processor, 1GB of RAM, 16, 32, or 64GB of flash storage, 802.11n MIMO Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4.0 LE, LTE networking, and touch-based fingerprint identity sensor.

Quick Comparison

GS5's 32-bit Snapdragon 801 processor vs. iPhone's 64-bit Apple A7 processor

While the iPhone has the first 64-bit processor; the GS5 processor is still much faster.

GS5 4-core x 2.5 GHz vs iPhone 2-core x 1.3 GHz

As for GPU:

GS5 578 MHz vs iPhone 450 MHz

Which means, the iPhone is weaker, not stronger in both CPU and GPU; while having half the RAM and half the Camera MP of the GS5.

Added even more information to my last post:

Quick Comparison

GS5's 32-bit Snapdragon 801 processor vs. iPhone's 64-bit Apple A7 processor

While the iPhone has the first 64-bit processor; the GS5 processor is still much faster.

GS5 4-core x 2.5 GHz vs iPhone 2-core x 1.3 GHz

As for GPU:

GS5 578 MHz vs iPhone 450 MHz

Which means, the iPhone is weaker, not stronger in both CPU and GPU; while having half the RAM and half the Camera MP of the GS5.

Koby is indeed educated, but they both still suck. No phone is perfect. iPhone runs nice and smoothly because iOS work very well with the hardware, which isn't as power hungry as old Galaxy S's. But because of Samsung's god-awful skin for Android, it still slows down the phone (unless you have GE Galaxy S).

iPhone may have the weaker specs, but it's still fast and fluid... I mean fluent!

Oh yeah let me just say:

1080p on smartphones = usless

Edited by Taizenshū