Dragon Ball Z - Movie 14 - Battle of Gods Discussion

Bardon

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14837/Dragon_Ball_Z_Movie_14:_Kami_to_Kami

Its legit. Also it hasn't been officially licensed yet as far as I know, so I doubt that it will be dubbed that quickly. And as something that people might not be pleased with, there is supposedly a lot of CG in the film.

This isn't talking about the 14th movie, but rather about the rumor that a new series that ignores GT and continues from where Z left off and is said to have ~200 episodes. Supposidly the 14th movie did so well in Japanese theaters that Akira stated they'd be doing a new series. However it isn't known for sure or not (as far as I know) if that is actually the case or if it's a big lie someone made up.

I hope it's true. Because GT never should have happened, and now we might get a decent finale.

Personally, I'm hoping that someone else gets a chance to shine as the star instead of Goku. Because while everyone loves the stupid monkey, he's been trying to make someone else take over as the big hero since Cell. It just hasn't worked out because he refuses to stay away.

It would be awesome if they did another 200 episodes after DBZ, though the wait for the dubbed version would kill me lol. I didn't mind GT that is I didn't some of the battles that GT had, other than that GT was a let down in my books. I also agree with Mute point that other characters should get their chance in the spot light. I mean goku is awesome but I always wanted to see Gohan, Vegeta and a few of the others take centre stage.

I will be for certain keeping an eye out for more information on this.

http://myanimelist.net/anime/14837/Dragon_Ball_Z_Movie_14:_Kami_to_Kami

Its legit. Also it hasn't been officially licensed yet as far as I know, so I doubt that it will be dubbed that quickly. And as something that people might not be pleased with, there is supposedly a lot of CG in the film.

This isn't talking about the 14th movie, but rather about the rumor that a new series that ignores GT and continues from where Z left off and is said to have ~200 episodes. Supposidly the 14th movie did so well in Japanese theaters that Akira stated they'd be doing a new series. However it isn't known for sure or not (as far as I know) if that is actually the case or if it's a big lie someone made up.

I mentioned this in a status update not too long ago. I personally wouldn't mind a new series but like Koby said at this point it really IS unknown whether this is real or just some massively large rumor that's gone out of control.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody seen the movie? How is it? As for a new series, I doubt it, there would a lot more hype on the internet especially

Unless you live in Japan, you'd only have access to the shitty cam rip with Korean audio and no subs..

So I doubt very many people have seen it around here.

It typically takes about 8 months after a Japanese Theater premiere for a movie to hit DVD/Blu-ray over there and fansubs (or at least any half decent ones) won't touch it until then. So we can expect fansubs of it around then. Though DBZ is one of the few shows IMO where the Japanese dub just completely sucks balls. I gotta see DBZ in English.

• Like 2

Unless things work crazy differently in Japan than in Hollywood, there is almost zero chance of any network making a two-hundred episode order without much more than a pitch. While any network would gladly pay for DBZ because of the revenue it's guaranteed to make, not 200 episodes. Think about it, that's two years of solid weekly episodes -- likely a four+ year scheduling commitment with to production breaks. I can't see that as a good business move. To me, it sounds like Toriyama wants a payday and is trying to start a bidding war on a new season of DBZ with the option of 200+ episodes. I really wouldn't get my heart set on anything more than that.

• Like 1

The only problem i have is that they can't really stray too far away into the timeline because of GT.
Not that i would want them to, but there's really no room for new transformation and drastic changes like someone dying etc.

Unless we all somehow render DBGT not canon and just completely ignore it alltogether..

I actually HOPE it would be seriously considered since without DBGT there's so much opened up possibilities for the series!
What i didn't like though is that at the end of DBGT they killed off all the characters and showed the future and all that -- pretty much destoyed any chance for any potential sequel after DBGT..

So i guess we'll just have to deal with the timeline before it -- which still sounds good! Dragon ball for life! <3

Has anybody seen the movie? How is it? As for a new series, I doubt it, there would a lot more hype on the internet especially

Unless you live in Japan, you'd only have access to the shitty cam rip with Korean audio and no subs..

It typically takes about 8 months after a Japanese Theater premiere for a movie to hit DVD/Blu-ray over there and fansubs (or at least any half decent ones) won't touch it until then. So we can expect fansubs of it around then. Though DBZ is one of the few shows IMO where the Japanese dub just completely sucks balls. I gotta see DBZ in English.

Agree with you there, hopefully they do dub this new movie it would be a real shame if they didn't dub it. And if they did dub it would they use a new cast or original cast. I'm not sure if they could use a Kai cast seeing as I don't know who's voices they changed as I haven't seen Kai.

Agree with you there, hopefully they do dub this new movie it would be a real shame if they didn't dub it. And if they did dub it would they use a new cast or original cast. I'm not sure if they could use a Kai cast seeing as I don't know who's voices they changed as I haven't seen Kai.

FUNimation has stated that before they can bid on the movie, FOX has to turn it down since they get first dibs on all DBZ movies due to whatever agreement they have because of that shitty live-action movie they did. They said it'd likely be two years before they got the rights to it to begin dubbing.

If FUNimation does get it, I'm pretty sure it'll get the Kai cast. The voices were pretty much all the same as the original Z except for Gohan and Bulma for the main cast. A lot of the villains were different too. Frieza and the Ginyu Force for example.

FUNimation has stated that before they can bid on the movie, FOX has to turn it down since they get first dibs on all DBZ movies due to whatever agreement they have because of that shitty live-action movie they did. They said it'd likely be two years before they got the rights to it to begin dubbing.

If FUNimation does get it, I'm pretty sure it'll get the Kai cast. The voices were pretty much all the same as the original Z except for Gohan and Bulma for the main cast. A lot of the villains were different too. Frieza and the Ginyu Force for example.

From some of the new DBZ games I have played I have heard freiza's voice change, me personally I hate it, though it's not like freiza is in the new DBZ movie. Plus Kai only went up to the cell saga correct? In the movie Gohan would most likley be voiced by Kyle Hebert as for bulma though I have not heard her new VA but I'm pretty sure she'd be in the new movie.

So I guess all there is to do now is sit back and wait.

• 3 weeks later...