Dragon Ball Z - Movie 14 - Battle of Gods Discussion

Bardon

• 10 months later...

Yea, it hasn't been dubbed nor will it be dubbed anytime soon if at all.

It will be dubbed eventually, i am sure of that. Dragonball Z is too popular for it not to be dubbed.

They didn't dub the OVA with Tarbal, or the other OVA with Bardock.

Most anime OVA's never get dubbed seeing as it would be a waste of money. To my knowledge DBZ - Battle of Gods is an a official movie after Wrath of the Dragon, in time I believe it will be dubbed seeing as a lot of stuff for DBZ is still coming out such as Kai recently and the BD sets for DBZ.

Also I read somewhere that Funi cannot dub the movie at this time as the rights/licence are held by 20th Century Fox, they would have to refuse to dub it or hand the licence over to funi before a dub can ever be done. That may take awhile and worse case scenario is the movie never gets dubbed.

• Like 1

It will be dubbed eventually, i am sure of that. Dragonball Z is too popular for it not to be dubbed.

Most anime OVA's never get dubbed seeing as it would be a waste of money. To my knowledge DBZ - Battle of Gods is an a official movie after Wrath of the Dragon, in time I believe it will be dubbed seeing as a lot of stuff for DBZ is still coming out such as Kai recently and the BD sets for DBZ.

Also I read somewhere that Funi cannot dub the movie at this time as the rights/licence are held by 20th Century Fox, they would have to refuse to dub it or hand the licence over to funi before a dub can ever be done. That may take awhile and worse case scenario is the movie never gets dubbed.

Case in point

FUNimation should dub this with the original cast and not some stupid movie company like 20th Century Fox.

i'll pass if they dub it.

FUNimation should dub this with the original cast and not some stupid movie company like 20th Century Fox.

Eurgh, you could imagine it if 20th century fox dubbed it couldn't you ? They would have real live actors voicing the characters instead of genuine voice actors. I hate seeing that in animation and i hate the trailer's for those films. They always say starring some dick head actor with a picture of the character they are doing the voice for. I hate it.

Eurgh, you could imagine it if 20th century fox dubbed it couldn't you ? They would have real live actors voicing the characters instead of genuine voice actors. I hate seeing that in animation and i hate the trailer's for those films. They always say starring some dick head actor with a picture of the character they are doing the voice for. I hate it.

20th Century Fox knows that DBZ is extremely populair and they know that there's alot of money to be made of from this film.

Even if they use the original cast, it does not necessarily mean that it'll be good directed. the roll of the directors is mostly the important one.

they need to stay close to the original script.

anyway, imagine brad pitt voicing Goku or Vegeta. xD

Edited by Lucario85
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Battle of the Gods was a terrible movie imo.

Dislike the whole thing about obtaining god-like powers simply by borrowing other power. I liked it better when shounen actually made characters have to train rigorously for their powers and abilities. Now they just seem to hand them out like candy. That and Bills was a terrible character.

The whole movie is basically everyone being terrified of him, then he goes crazy over some pudding (yes some freaking pudding) and wants to destroy Earth. To stop him, Goku asks Shenron how to become his equal by becoming a Saiyan God, which is simply just temporarily borrowing the powers of 5 Super Saiyans.

Maybe the added 20 minutes from the Director's Cut I've never seen fixed some things about it, but I doubt it. The movie was more or less just goofy fan-service for fans made for nothing else but to milk the over-milked series further.