Am I the only one here who thinks this new forum sucks?

Nick103

Seriously, can someone please tell me what was wrong with cartoon-world? So far this new forum has given me problems since I was told to move here. I've tried asking multiple times for someone to validate my account, but the moderators here are extremely slow and barely even sent me an email for it yesterday, even when the forum says it would only take a few minutes. Then when I do try to validate my account I can't, because I get a bunch of stupid error messages from the forum. Then there are these dumb new rules where I'm not allowed to view certain topics, post responses, or have access to downloads until I have a certain number of posts, even though I'm already a member here from cartoon-world. Actually, I'm using a new account here since nobody even bothered to validate my original one.

When are people on the internet ever going to know when to leave things alone? Quit screwing around with a forum that was already fine the way it was.

This forum existed before Cartoon World, and Koby was nice enough to let this become to the new site for the CW immigrants. Also, CW's software was too outdated to be useful, so they finally decided it wasn't worth it.

Anyways, your email was likely just sent to your spam folder. Either way, you have this account now and you have one post, so you can view everything that Kametsu has to offer. I hope you enjoy your stay.

As a side note, can you type out or screenshot the error messages? This way we can find out what is the problem.

• Like 3

This forum is better than C-W in my opinion. I haven't had any troubles the OP is describing. I myself have only just signed up and i don't see what there is to complain about really. If i remember correctly you had to make a post before entering certain sections of the forum on C-W too. I don't see how it is a problem.

This forum isn't C-W, it's a different forum with it's own thing, if you don't like it then that is your problem.

This forum seems to be more looked after then what C-W was anyway. That place was dead long before it closed in my opinion.

Not to rain on everyone's parade, but certain things are a downgrade from C-W, especially the posting system that it trying to outsmart the user by autoformatting the tags and adding unnecessary spaces

That's what the "light switch" button in the top left corner is for. If you don't like the editor, use the regular text box.

Let me know if you have any other issues.

Just because you didn't look into something, doesn't mean it isn't there for your use. Just because something is different, doesn't guarantee it's worse. It's a pretty basic human trait to dislike change and that is basically all these complaints are. C-W users didn't want change.

Kametsu uses state of the art software (it's actually constantly being updated, bugs fixed, etc.. but then you get what you pay for). C-W used buggy software that hadn't been updated in nearly 10 years (again you get what you pay for. phpBB was free; IPB is $160 up front then $25 every 6 months for maintenance). Had no support, had no spam management, lacked a lot of things.

The only thing C-W had that Kametsu doesn't currently (that has either been brought to my attention or I've personally noticed), was anchor bb code tags. If you find something specific lacking, bring it to my attention and perhaps it can be looked into.

Kametsu is better maintained, better looked after, the rules are actually enforced, trolls are not allowed to run rampant, staff actually visit the forum (and if they don't, they either gave notice of their away time in the staff room; or would be demoted after a while).

No one honestly cares if you were a member of C-W or not. This is not C-W. This is an entirely different entity that has been around longer than C-W and has remained active because we actually put work into maintaining it. Regardless if you came from C-W or simply found us through other means, you'll still be starting from the bottom. New account, no posts.

C-W's database was fucked up, errors galore, and could not be fixed. So it wasn't merged. If C-W was to have continued into the future, it would have required a complete and total restart from scratch anyways to solve the problems it was having.

@Nick, as for the email validation thing. You know, you only emailed me. ME ONLY. I'm ONE person. I HAVE A LIFE OUTSIDE THIS FORUM. I have a baby to raise and love, and a job to maintain to put food on the table, etc. If it takes me 3-4 days for a response, oh well. It can't be helped. Also how do you "barely" send an email? Either you do or you don't. I didn't reply yet, so stop your lying. As for a "bunch of errors". Again, I don't believe you. You've already been caught in a lie. Either screenshot said errors or shut up.

As for "dumb new rules"; they're not dumb nor new. We are NOT C-W. We're older and still around for a reason. If you don't like the differences, then leave. If you come here expecting the same crap you got at C-W; then you're shit out of luck. We are NOT C-W and never will be.

"When are people on the internet ever going to know when to leave things alone? Quit screwing around with a forum that was already fine the way it was." Stop sounding like an idiot. You clearly didn't know anything about C-W either. Again, I'll repeat myself from above: C-W's database was fucked up, errors galore, and could not be fixed. So it wasn't merged. If C-W was to have continued into the future, it would have required a complete and total restart from scratch anyways to solve the problems it was having.

C-W didn't want a forum to start with. C-W started out as a cap & encode group and wanted to get back to their roots. So it was basically shutdown the forum and not bother giving people a home to go to, or link here. They asked me, I okay'd it, and agreed to give some of C-W staff their same positions here.

If you don't want to be here, you're more than welcome to leave. Or I can even help boot you out with a ban if you'd like.

*EDIT* To top if off, you lied a second time by claiming you made another account. When this is the original account you wanted validated. Which proves you managed to validate it just fine on your own (which would be a 3rd lie).

For another thing, if you had made a second account. Multiple accounts is against the rules and stated as an automatic ban-able offense.

One post since you've joined, and already lied three times. Nice record there man.

Just for that, I'm not gonna feel ashamed for posting this:

7TqA4.png

7Tqxa.png

As it shows. You've used no other IP's, and there are no other accounts under that IP.

If you bring legitimate concerns, problems, or features we're lacking to my attention. I'm more than happy to look into solving them, or possibly even looking into creating/adding said features. If all you do is harbor ill-content, though, I'm not going to even bother caring about your opinions.

• Like 11

I don't know why he's bitching. I think the way this forum is I can seem to find things easier cause new topics would show up so I wouldn't have to go searching. I didn't have no problems getting this account either and the owners here do try and answer posts and fix problems. I guess people just want to hear themself bitch to see if they sound cool.

• Like 2

I apologize for my complaining. I was never really very involved with the old forum and joined because I was looking for places to find old cartoons. Because of that I never really knew anything of any issues that the old forum may have had or it's history, so you're right. That's just pure ignorance on my part. As for the "issues" I was having with this forum, some of it was stuff I just misinterpreted and didn't fully understand, like not thinking that there was just one person here who checks those emails. And if my account is actually fine, then I guess I don't see any reason to show what those errors were since I don't think they should mean anything to me now. I'm sure that I can get just as accustomed to this forum now as I was logging on to cartoon-world, so please forgive my nitpicking and for misjudging this forum.

What I said about having two accounts is still true though. My original account from cartoon-world was "Nick102", which I was trying to get revalidated here since this forum was telling me so, but I got no email for it so I made this new account "Nick103" to see if it would work any better. I also used my other Google email address to register instead of my Comcast one just in case I needed to use a different email address. I wouldn't have made a second account though if it didn't seem like I was having issues with my original one. If I'm not supposed to have two accounts, then I'm sorry. It just seemed like I was having problems getting in at the moment.

Edited by Nick103

Seriously, can someone please tell me what was is wrong with cartoon-world? 

Cartoon-world doesn't exist anymore! Kametsu does, and will for years!

That was a little insulting and rude to say the least, but going by your last post, it looks like you have realised that (hopefully)

Enjoy your stay.

Seriously, can someone please tell me what was is wrong with cartoon-world? 

Cartoon-world doesn't exist anymore! Kametsu does, and will for years!

That was a little insulting and rude to say the least, but going by your last post, it looks like you have realised that (hopefully)

Enjoy your stay.

Trust me, I have, and I apologize for it once again. You have every right to think so. I mean, I'll say it myself: I didn't know anything about what cartoon-world was really like. I just went there occassionally for cartoons.

I may be late on this, but in my opinion, this site is a wonderful place to grab my fix of cartoons. I did love Cartoon-World and was sad to see it die out, but I've been a lot more active here than on C-W (likely because of the inactiveness on C-W and the fact I didn't put it in my bookmarks bar :P). But yes, I have to say that despite my love for C-W, Kametsu really feels like a fresh start and an overall excellent place with a wonderful userbase.  

• Like 3

Trust me, I have, and I apologize for it once again. You have every right to think so. I mean, I'll say it myself: I didn't know anything about what cartoon-world was really like. I just went there occassionally for cartoons.

excuse me...

but why bitch around if you yourself admitted you only go there OCCASSIONALLY?

Kametsu is FREE for you to browse all day if you want!!!!

the Admin isn't forcing you to donate anything to keep this forum up

so don't go complaining like you were a CW fanboy!

just my 2 cents! :)

Edited by dcv1979

This may be unrelated but the number of topics here is quite low. The "Dubbed" and "Cartoon" section seem a bit lacking, just going by the numbers. But obviously C-W might not have had dead links and other useless topics removed which led me to believe it had more number of topics than it really had.

Other than that, this is a great forum and the people do respond quite fast. Looks better too. Let's see how the new design template makes it look even better.

This may be unrelated but the number of topics here is quite low. The "Dubbed" and "Cartoon" section seem a bit lacking, just going by the numbers. But obviously C-W might not have had dead links and other useless topics removed which led me to believe it had more number of topics than it really had.

Other than that, this is a great forum and the people do respond quite fast. Looks better too. Let's see how the new design template makes it look even better.

Kametsu removed 15,000+ threads when MU, FS, etc.. went under. At that time, C-W only had around 17,000 threads and they never removed any of them. So all in all, I'd say the actual 'active' databases for anime were roughly the same size (keep in mind, despite Kametsu being just a little older than C-W, Kametsu didn't always offer downloads either, Kametsu was around 4 years old when it started offering downloads around 2008). As for Cartoons, C-W obviously had more in that. Kametsu didn't even have a Cartoon section until like 2012 I believe, and rarely anyone here was here for cartoons.
  • Like 1

The only problems I have with this place are:

-When you copy and paste stuff it gets highlighted and you can't unhighlight it

-The search function is faulty

-Less uploaders for cartoons

-It's not C-W lol

So other than those three things and that one extra, incredibly silly thing, I've gotten used to this place and don't mind it.

Edited by D4WN5H4D0W
  • Like 1

Disney's Kim Possible follows the comedic, action adventures of a typical secondary school girl who, in her spare time, saves the world from evil villains. Along with her best friend Ron Stoppable; his pet, a naked mole-rat named Rufus; and their webmaster buddy Wade, who feeds them vital information via a special Kimmunicator device, Kim foils arch-enemies around the globe. Then it's back to her family and homework.

^This is stuck highlighted after being copied and pasted from another site, a problem I encounter regularly.

And as for the search function being faulty, I know there are atleast 4 threads on this site about Kim Possible, however when you search "Kim Possible", this happens:

No results found for 'possible'.

I am pretty sure I have encounted the same search function fault with other words in the past too.

Edited by D4WN5H4D0W
  • Like 1

You can avoid the formatting by either using plaintext editor (the light switch) or using the eraser on the text you just pasted.

Or to add to this further, you can click the 13th icon on the top row ('Paste as Plain text') and paste it through there?

I am pretty sure I have encountered the same search function fault with other words in the past too.

The search will only search for words with 4 or more characters (why this is, I dont know, but many search facilities do this to ignore words such as 'the', 'an', 'a' etc etc) but thats why 'Kim' isnt added to the search

Disney's Kim Possible follows the comedic, action adventures of a typical secondary school girl who, in her spare time, saves the world from evil villains. Along with her best friend Ron Stoppable; his pet, a naked mole-rat named Rufus; and their webmaster buddy Wade, who feeds them vital information via a special Kimmunicator device, Kim foils arch-enemies around the globe. Then it's back to her family and homework.

^This is stuck highlighted after being copied and pasted from another site, a problem I encounter regularly.

And as for the search function being faulty, I know there are atleast 4 threads on this site about Kim Possible, however when you search "Kim Possible", this happens:

I am pretty sure I have encounted the same search function fault with other words in the past too.

First one, others have already posted a solution to.

As for the search, where are you actually typing in the text? Because if you're in a board the search bar will only search that board unless you click the text beside it. If you're in a thread it'll only search that thread. Perhaps that could be part of the issue? Also to cut down on server loads (searches are very cpu/mysql heavy) searches have been limited to only search for stuff posted in the last 12 months. So it's likely if it's a really old post/thread it wouldn't pull up either.