Am I the only one here who thinks this new forum sucks?

Nick103

Disney's Kim Possible follows the comedic, action adventures of a typical secondary school girl who, in her spare time, saves the world from evil villains. Along with her best friend Ron Stoppable; his pet, a naked mole-rat named Rufus; and their webmaster buddy Wade, who feeds them vital information via a special Kimmunicator device, Kim foils arch-enemies around the globe. Then it's back to her family and homework.

^This is stuck highlighted after being copied and pasted from another site, a problem I encounter regularly.

And as for the search function being faulty, I know there are atleast 4 threads on this site about Kim Possible, however when you search "Kim Possible", this happens:

No results found for 'possible'.

I am pretty sure I have encounted the same search function fault with other words in the past too.

First one, others have already posted a solution to.

As for the search, where are you actually typing in the text? Because if you're in a board the search bar will only search that board unless you click the text beside it. If you're in a thread it'll only search that thread. Perhaps that could be part of the issue? Also to cut down on server loads (searches are very cpu/mysql heavy) searches have been limited to only search for stuff posted in the last 12 months. So it's likely if it's a really old post/thread it wouldn't pull up either.

I search with the selection "forums" (searches all the forums) and there's nothing. and they are recent posts in this month even. And as for the earlier post by MoodKiller, that's not the problem. It's that there are no results for "possible" even though there should be a heap.

I search with the selection "forums" (searches all the forums) and there's nothing. and they are recent posts in this month even. And as for the earlier post by MoodKiller, that's not the problem. It's that there are no results for "possible" even though there should be a heap.

Ah yes, good point. Sorry I missed that. Unfortunately I am out of explanations then, so will leave it up to the experts :)

• 11 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

then might i suggest integrating google in to the search ie using there index ?

no. Google has a lot of our pages blocked due to copyright complaints.

okey what about a search engine that dosnt ? im srue theres one out there that indexs all ?

Im Too lazy to follow the whole convo. But if you ned an uncensored search engine with no datalogging then duckduckgo.com is what ur looking for