SOTW #136: OPEN

Alice

mv77.png

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #136

Theme: OPEN!

[basically means anything goes.  So let your imagination run free!]

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, March 14.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by ∂яεαмεя

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, March 16th.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

Tsukumo Yuma

yoMhFGP.jpg?1

HeavenlyClassic

33210_view.jpg

∂яεαмεя

ukix.jpg

dn_angel000

2ivmzo6.jpg

firedogx10

water_zpsc0a43d9a.png

Edited by ∂яεαмεя

RESULTS

FIRST PLACE

firedogx10

SECOND PLACE

∂яεαмεя

THIRD PLACE

dn_angel00

POINT BREAKDOWN:

firedogx10 - 18

∂яεαмεя  - 16

dn_angel000 - 12

HeavenlyClassic - 2

Tsukumo Yuma - 0

Edited by ∂яεαмεя
Didn't put right vote count. FIXED!

firedogx10 - Good sig!

dreamer - Good sig overall, although you might want to drop the contrast down a touch.

dn_angel000 - You should put a larger border on your text, the white on white is hard to read.

And for the runner ups

Tsukumo Yuma - You might want to clean up the edges on your render a bit. Also awesome text, reminds me of MS Word on XP

HeavenlyClassic - Your text doesnt really stand out. Also the aspect ratio seems a touch messed up. A taller sig would look nicer,

Dreamer- Real close between you and firedog, but it ultimately came down to yours just seemed more  complete.

Firedog- It feels like this sig is missing SOMETHING, but I am not sure what :(

dnagel- of the remaining this seemed the best.  It looks like you put a ton of work into it, and I think you should be very proud of it, but I just did not like it myself.

Can't wait to see what we get to do next week :3.