SOTW #134: Maid

Alice

wonTi.jpg

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #133

Theme: Maid!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, February 28.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
Edited by ∂яεαмεя

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, March 2nd.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

∂яεαмεя

4fb078ba-0494-492f-b09f-cb46aefdeef3_zps

firedogx10

welcomehomemastermaid_zps01b43225.png

dn_angel000

29f5zjc.jpg

Shirσ

2a633go.jpg

Nintendon't

35i0oea.jpg

Edited by ∂яεαмεя

You misspelled "cleaning," its not "cleening."

I want to say that it was intentional. Anyways, his lack of a theme suggestion is of more concern here.

Possible about the word spell. Yes, you're right that the bigger problem is that there is no theme. No theme means entry is not valid. It's in the rules. Add a theme or cannot allow your entry to enter the contest.

Edited by ∂яεαмεя

∂яεαмεя: I like the color scheme and how the render blends in to the clouds at the bottom. The text is somewhat distracting and pulls my eye from the render/focal point, maybe making it a lighter color or more transparent.

Shirσ: I like how the background color compliment the the colors of the render. I do think that it is a little to empty maybe a smaller size would help. On a side note that was the first render I was going to use I had the Sig halfway done and then scraped it.

dn_angel000: I'm not sure exactly what you were going for. I would suggest that you bring the render up to that top layer and make it less transparent. try finding color to go with the render one way is to sample the colors right from the render, and try making the background with those colors. I do see that there is a little motion blur that make the flow with render.

Sorry I'm not that good at CnC but I tried hopefully I have some helpful tips. Everyone did a great job.

• Like 1

∂яεαмεя: I like the color scheme and how the render blends in to the clouds at the bottom. The text is somewhat distracting and pulls my eye from the render/focal point, maybe making it a lighter color or more transparent.

Good point and I agreed, but I tried lighter and it blended in too much with the sig.  You could barely see the text...I considered leaving it out.   In the end I went with the darker lettering.

firedogx10 - I like everything about your sig.  Not very sold on the border but it isn't bad.

Shirσ - I love yours. The only thing I didn't like was I think there is too much background.  I love you background but I think there is a bit too much.  Still a great job.

dn_angel000 - I would normally like darker sigs...  It was great til the text.  The text kills it.  The focus is too much on the text with the white on dark.  Other than that it is a great sig.

voting says it ends feb 23rd? O.o"

well just in case

dn_angel000:love the colors/setting/crazy girl

text shouldve been more grainy and dirty/old you know like its an old sign worn out with not all of the lights working

lmao i wish i had a maid like that!

also idk the cleening made it sound moar crazy and maniac like imho

O.o" not many submissions eh?

Nintendon't : lol makes her look like one of those dumb maids in anime that try really hard but just cant do anything rite xD

firedogx10: the white around the maid and border dont feel like it matches the background color imho.but the backround itself and maid pose/text is nice.

Edited by HeavenlyClassic

dreamer - Great sig overall, I really like how you did your border. Good job.

firedogx10 - Good sig, only thing I could comment on is that I personally don't like your render, plus they aren't a maid.

Shiro - As with the other two that already posted, you had a bit too much of a minimalist stance on your background. Either make it a touch smaller or put a bit more of the fog effect around the render.

And for the runner ups:

dn_angel000 - Good sig, but the text ruins it. The white text is the focal point, and then if I look at the rest then I am drawn to the PT that is floating there. One other possible thing is that with your background, the border would look better if it faded out rather than just black barring.

Nintendon't - You weren't even trying, were you? I've done MS Paint sigs before, but at least I made it vaguely fancy. Also it looked better before the resize. Either way, try not to leave a random white bar at the top and for your text box, only use one box rather than two.

idk if he was trying or not but it definitely seems to be the only "fun" one

the others look far too serious and uncomical which is fine but overdone.

yeah that danganropa chik isnt maid but id suppose its irrelevant so long as theyre dressed as maid really.

p.s im surprised as to how famous that game is getting or trying to get.

Dreamer- A bit bright for my tastes, but what is not... otherwise it is very well blended together, and it just seems so happy :).

Shiro- I actually enjoy your background for this submission, it has a professional look to it :).

Firedog- It was a close one between you, and angel, but your text flowed better.

honorable mention-

angel- I loved this work! except that unfiltered, glaringly bright, abrasive text.  Sorry me and white don't get along much especially as a font type.

----------other mentions-----------

Nintendon't- .... .... .... um yah random entry?  maybe use of a tool that is not the clipboard, and the pencil?

---------------------------

I can't wait till next weeks entries :)