What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

Kid Ryan

What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

• Winamp
    • Media Player Classic and/or Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
    • BS Player
    • GOM Player
    • MPlayer and/or MPlayer Extended
    • Windows Media Player
    • Zoom Player
    • RealPlayer (this not dead yet?)
    • DivX Player
    • KMPlayer
    • Quicktime
    • VLC Player
    • Other (Tell Us/Please Explain)

VLC works best. And I always make sure my Codecs are up to date

---------- Post added at 04:57 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:56 AM ----------

Oh and make sure that you find good places for rips (as this site is). Cause sometimes sites lead you to very poor crap!

I voted Other for WiiMC! I have my wii hacked and put WiiMC on it, which is an awesome media player homebrew app.

It plays/displays every format in video, music, and photos as well as reads DVDs and a couple of other things that i'm not sure what they are.

It's so great! I just plug my hard drive into my wii, choose a series folder, click on the last episode I watched of that series and it goes right down the list.

• 11 months later...

I think I was using CCCP but then something screwed up on me and I couldn't watch videos anymore.

So then I reinstalled MPC-HC with the latest update and installed Sharks Codec Pack (Off the top of my head, I think?) then everything works fine :)

Not happy with the fact that in the latest MPC-HC update, you change the audio/subtitles under the Play menu rather than the Navigation menu

I use MPC-HC along with madVR and LAV Filters. It does a pretty damn good job at providing quality video along with playing everything I need. Although VLC Media Player is a good second choice for me since it has some features that MPC-HC doesn't provide such as playing videos straight from rar files.

Although VLC Media Player is a good second choice for me since it has some features that MPC-HC doesn't provide such as playing videos straight from rar files.

Wow, I've got to say that is the most lazy thing I've heard today.

Not necessarily. This feature can be very useful when downloading multi-part compressed files. If you download them sequentially, there's no need to wait until the last part of the file finishes to start watching the movie. This is good for people with somewhat low bandwidth as it lets them download 10% of the file and start watching the movie without interruptions assuming that their connection speed keeps up.