What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

Kid Ryan

What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?  

286 members have voted

1. 1. What Media Player do you use to watch downloaded videos?

• Winamp
    • Media Player Classic and/or Home Cinema (MPC-HC)
    • BS Player
    • GOM Player
    • MPlayer and/or MPlayer Extended
    • Windows Media Player
    • Zoom Player
    • RealPlayer (this not dead yet?)
    • DivX Player
    • KMPlayer
    • Quicktime
    • VLC Player
    • Other (Tell Us/Please Explain)

You can already do that if your browser doesn't add a weird extension like .part. If you're downloading via IRC then it will allow you to watch it while it downloads. Which is how you would want to download anyway.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense no matter which way I read it. There is a difference between partly downloaded files and compressed files. It doesn't matter which transfer protocol you are using as long as it's sequential.

You can already do that if your browser doesn't add a weird extension like .part. If you're downloading via IRC then it will allow you to watch it while it downloads. Which is how you would want to download anyway.

Sorry, but that doesn't make any sense no matter which way I read it. There is a difference between partly downloaded files and compressed files. It doesn't matter which transfer protocol you are using as long as it's sequential.

I misread what you were saying, I didn't read the multi compressed part. Though I can only see this really being a useful if you're downloading a series that is compressed in multiple parts. Even then if my connection is fast enough to stream an entire series, then I would rather wait until the series was done to watch it via madVR, especially if it was a DVD encode. But, hey, to each their own.

I thought VLC was awesome...but Windows Media Classic is totally boss. I was having trouble watching anime on the VLC player...so I thought WMC would be nice to try nice...I did and now I'm hook.

:surrender:

Scratch that. No longer love it. It improved the visual but took out the sound completely. I thought it was awesome because the video played so much better than VLC could, but the sound played for a second and then the sound stopped all together.

:2cool::hguit5::too_sad:

Edited by Dreamcastor

I thought VLC was awesome...but Windows Media Classic is totally boss. I was having trouble watching anime on the VLC player...so I thought WMC would be nice to try nice...I did and now I'm hook.

Scratch that. No longer love it. It improved the visual but took out the sound completely. I thought it was awesome because the video played so much better than VLC could, but the sound played for a second and then the sound stopped all together.

Means there is an issue with your video file. VLC will play broken files, MPC wont.

Means there is an issue with your video file. VLC will play broken files, MPC wont.

Yes but it did it with all my files. Even the ones that Windows Media Player plays.

Yes but it did it with all my files. Even the ones that Windows Media Player plays.
then change the audio renderer? i use directsound speakers.

I can't find the audio rendering.

It has even done it to the files I got from your uploads.

>http://cccp-project.net/

^ Download and run Insurgent to check for conflicting codecs.

http://cccp-project.net/

^ Download and run Insurgent to check for conflicting codecs.

Your link did fix my problem it seems. I didn't have the CCCP codec pack apparently. I download it and went to watch something and it worked just fine.

Thanks, Koby.

[EDIT] The sound goes off for a split second every now and then on a couple of them. So for the most part its seems to be fixed.

Edited by Dreamcastor

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...