List of anime related games

Bardon

Heyo,

Just recently I've been reviving myself as a gamer and thus have been trying out alot of stuff, both old and new like PCSX2 for some personal favorites, considering to buy a PS3 (again) in the upcoming months and popular PC mmo for the sake of competitive play. (and yes that includes children card games *cough* )

Despite being on steam, my current lack of spendage prevents me from getting as many games as I'd want. But alongside this, I have always been fairly selective in my choices rather than just jumping headfirst into anything/everything I can see. Having said this, my main interest in regards to this thread right now is to make the list of games having anime graphics.

Visual novels are irrelevant here because I know there is already an existing thread to those (or at least I think there was), and especially since I'm aiming for Non-H and actual gameplay.

This obviously ranges to all platforms like PS3, Xbox360, Wii (U), PSP (vita), (3)DS and of course PC.

So anyway, plz post as many names as possible (with reasonable description preferably if you folks have played those said games) and I'll be compiling em all here.

~Saankies

Edited by Bardon

Mobile Suit Gundam Federation vs Zeon is a mix of both the anime and a unique story. You can play on the Federation or the Zeon side and act as a frontline pilot for either force. Also Dynasty Warriors Gundam 3 came out two years ago and I still play that to let off steam. Lastly the new Devil May Cry came out a few month's ago with a new revamped story and some sick gameplay. This one I highly recommend.

hm...most of the games you are talking about are RPG or something like that

but anyway i got something for ya

persona 4

Persona_4__NOT_MY_ART_by_MenghisKhan.jpg

even though it started as a game the characters looks more like anime characters.and the story line is good but it's kinda ... repeated somehow

tales of the abyss

tales-of-the-abyss-hitting-nintendo-3ds.

it has a good story line and acceptable gameplay and good characters

disgaea

Disgaea_ds_boxart.jpg

althgou you might not like the gameplay (RPG more like strategy or something) but it has one hell of main character

btw if you liked disgaea you might like makia kingdom

mana khemia

c2526c6f8f46c14a86509559ef7a3c86-Mana_Kh

although it's 2D (like makia kingdom and disgaea) well i liked it's idea that you play blindly don't understand what is going on until the you reach the end of the game

odin sphere

Odin_Sphere_Wallpaper_16.jpg

despite it's gameplay kinda annoying but it has one of the greatest story line i have ever scene and it has some events that will touch your heart sometime it made me cry

well that's it hope i give you some good games

Huzzah, something that I missed that I know about! There are plenty of games that seep here from Japan, it is fantastic.

Some good ones that I have played include all games by Carpe Fulgar (Recettear, Chantelise), Baten Kaitos (Gamecube card fighting action awesomeness), X-Blades/Blades of Time (still anime related although Blades of Time was westernized a bit), all of your Final Fantasies and other typical JRPGs out there, The Last Remanent, Touhou (bullet hell), and Gundemonium Collection (bullet hell on steam)

• 1 month later...

Star Ocean last hope - PS360 Nice story decent gameplay (action rpg)

Tales of Vesperia -360  same as Abyss mentioned earlier but different story and better gameplay, although requires some grinding

Tales of Graces - PS3  same as above but slightly better game play imo

Atelier games  - PS2-3 depends if you like or not, traditional jrpg

Dragon Quest VIII journey of the cursed king - PS2  Best turn-based Jrpg requires some farm but its a huge game

Rogue Galaxy - PS2 really liked the story and the fighting system, bad (or good depends) requires some grinding to make some things similar to above

Ni no Kuni - PS3 if you like studio ghibli movies you will love it

Valkyrie Chronicles - PS3/PSP  got into them after watching the anime decent story and really good tactics-rpg mechanics

Ultimate Ninja Storm Generations - PS360 closest thing to the good DBZ fighting games on ps2 era imo on current gen platforms and ton of fun in 2players mode

Persona 3 (or Portable) - PS2/PSP really good story , unlike Persona 4 (that has better story imo) its more sci-fi worth checking out (i sugest Fes edition for PS2 for the full experience)

Muramasa Demon Blade - Wii/Vita same guys as Dragons Crown/Odin sphere, over stylized sidescroller with really good battle

A few of many i liked