SOTW #113: Attack on Titan

wonTi.jpg

SIGNATURE OF THE WEEK #113
Theme: Attack on Titan!

RULES:

• All entries are to be submitted by Friday, May 10.
  • Your entry must be related to the chosen theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check the SOTW Themes thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.

VOTING

RULES:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, May 12.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.

EXAMPLE:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

ENTRIES:

Dreamcastor Rei

AoTSOTW_zps652f830d.jpg

jobonline20

mikasasig1550_zpsaf403e2d.png

firedogx10

attack_zps257b2a4a.png

Breathless

shingeki.jpg

Edited by poetictragedy

Firedogx10
Dreamcastor
Jobonline20
./
Here's my nooby c&c, enjoy! -^__^-

I felt Firedogx10 was a clear #1 this week. Perhaps his render was too small, or the signature size was too large so it makes it a bit hard to focus on the character. But the text was well done and the background was awesome, it really fills up alot of the empty space. (though I still think the signature should probably be more focused on the render). Totally awesome signature though.

#2 and #3 were a bit closer for me this week. I liked jobonlines alot, it shows a whole scene rather then just a photo. Mikasa is looking down at water, cherry blossoms falling. (You can even see the reflection of the cherry blossoms, there's actually alot of fine details). The colour scheme was nice also. I just felt that the ripple effect was a bit too strong, and ended up subtracting from everything else. I also think the signature size is a tad too big, but I'm into concise signatures.

Dreamcastors was really nice. I liked it alot, it's just, the colour scheme was too strong for my tastes. Take firedogs for example, they both are running an orange-yellow scheme, but it felt like Dreamcastors colours were being overpowered by the orange. (the text on the sign in the very bottom right, too, is a little bit distracting.) Apart from that, I really liked this signature through and through.

firedogx10 - definite first place. Great job.

Dreamcastor Rei - Not really fond of the high contrast, but some people are. That one strip (w/e it is) coming out under the sword looks choppy.

Breathless - Honestly the c4d looks pretty bad. The colors don't really flow with the background and instead kind of clash. The stock doesn't seem to have been blended, etc..

It was tough deciding whether to put Breathless or job in 3rd, but I wasn't impressed by the layer of mess over his signature. Perhaps if he lightly erased and smudged it around/over the stock so it wasn't just so much.. his may have made #2.

breathless-looks great! It looks like the debris whatever it is, is popping at me. Very cool.

firedogx-Your colour scheme worked really well with this one.

dreamcastor-I like the sun effect on the whole banner. Really turned out cool.

This one was really hard for me they were all really good imo.

Dreamcaster - amazing, i love the lighting, flow is great too.

firedog - everything looks great, but i cant help but feel the background is a bit distracting, when i look at your sig my eyes keep wanting to look to the right.

Breathless - i love how you portrayed depth, but i feel the text doesnt go well with the signature (both placement and font choice) also i feel theres not enough going on in the background (but that just may be me ^_^)

---

jobonline - i really like the idea behind yours(assuming its first person looking into a rippling lake or something) but the ripple is too overpowering and the overall sig is a bit lacking in perspective. it feels like im looking at a messed up mirror rather than a pool of water from 1st person.

(other ideas: im looking at someone underneath the water, or behind a rippling wall of water. not sure whats really going on here but i feel like it needs some qualities like perspective to help make it more distinct)