>>WAR OF THE MOBS<< Part 01

Kinara Uzumaki

This one is a combination of two dreams I had. Yeah, everyone says my dreams are like stories because they are so long and detailed, and I generally remember most of them. This is a different style which I've adopted, with one continuous storyline and lesser details and I haven't gone in depth on anything.

PROLOGUE

A land, a country, a nation, a city, a village . . . somewhere in the world, a war is waged and blood is spilled . . . countless lives are lost . . . innocent people are slaughtered . . . screaming ringing through the air . . . homes are broken . . . peace is forever disturbed . . . sleep comes not easy . . . dreams are invaded by nightmares . . . hearts are full of fear . . . the mind sits weary . . .

A war . . . brings death and destruction, sorrow and pain, hatred and anger . . . one is not aware of the trail of devastation and despair it leaves in its wake . . . pretending that it holds no effect on their lives . . . turning a blind eye to the suffering . . . until one is directly dragged into a war, voluntarily or against one’s will.

What would you do when you are drawn into a war? What role would you play?

Innocent victim? Terrifying dictator? Bold radical? Wicked tormenter? Daring instigator? Weak follower? Cowardly member? Unmerciful murderer? Helpless onlooker? Ruthless killer? Indecisive participant? Brave leader? Clever strategist? Dedicated fighter? Cruel demon? Devious opportunist? Backbiting spy? Twisted traitor?

The roles are many . . . the stories are different yet the same . . . there is no end in sight but a long road unwinding ahead . . . chapters close and open . . . people live and die . . . rules are bent and broken . . . trust is withered and hope is lost . . . what remains is a grim reality that cannot be escaped.

Kill . . . or be killed . . . adapt, survive, fight, change . . . this is the code by which a person may be able to live . . . or die . . .

Edited by Kinara Uzumaki

Lol, the title made me think it was a Minecraft fanfic. I nearly wept with joy that I am not the only one that does them... T.T

Looks good though. I too write stuff that comes up in dreams and the likes. Normally though it ends up a bit of a haphazard mess without some proper structure till I pull my finger out my ass...lol 

Waiting on chapter 1!

• Like 1

CHAPTER 01

A Home . . . Lost Forever

Rian escaped the relatives in her house and wandered along the streets. She hated staying indoors but was forced to because she had no other place to go. She had no liking to sit and hear the same old stories being repeated between her mother and her sister and brother-in-law. Rian  had resigned her job and was still looking for a new one, but until then, her mother strictly prohibited her from leaving the flat other than necessities.

‘A flat . . . I’m living in an apartment now after so many years and I hate it!’ cursed the girl, as she thought about her old home just next door. A normal ground-floor house . . . it was their home. ‘It was our house!’ she shouted out loud and passers-by stared at her. She glared back at them in contempt. Although she had been living in the same town for years, the forced eviction from her home had created an impression amongst the townspeople that the Paveron family had gotten into trouble and therefore had been forced to give up their house. The trust and support which they had received during the period of Rian’s father’s death had been dealt a steady blow.

Rian turned back towards her flat when she spotted Damian’s father and his brother carrying an armful of tools. She waved to them and ran across the road to join them.

‘You’re in the wrong building, Uncle! We’re in the next block!’ said Rian, hoping Damian was also around somewhere. He was one of her best friends and she hadn’t met him in a long time.

‘Ah!’ exclaimed Abel, displeased at the girl’s appearance.

‘Come with me. I’ll take you to our flat,’ offered Rian, but she noticed that Abel’s face had changed and he wore something like a guilty look. She stopped speaking, bewildered by what she saw, but her uncle gave her a spade to carry as she led them into the apartments.

‘Oh dear! I think we’re on the wrong side of the block. There are so many doors and floors that all look the same that I got confused. Wait, let me ask someone,’ said Rian and tapped on one of the closed doors. She knew that her mother would never leave the door open.

‘No, dear, I think you’re talking about that family on the other side . . . the ones who moved in recently,’ replied a woman dressed in white with a white shawl covering her hair.

Rian retraced her steps out of the block and moved to the right side of apartments. She stopped at the sight of a huge crowd of people gathered at the entrance. The bad feeling she had gotten when she first saw her two uncles with the tools returned and she slowly backed away in fear as the crowd began attacking the apartment. There were more of them on the first floor of her apartment, shouting instructions at their group members below. Unfortunately for Rian, someone noticed her and suddenly she was being shot at with real guns and pelted with rocks. The girl never knew how she managed to get out alive, using the shovel to defend herself, running for her life at a speed she had never run before.

Rian lost her home for the second time and she would never be able to return to her old life again. She was an innocent victim of something she never knew existed, but would be forced to join against her will and she would lose everything dear to her, facing trouble after trouble, fighting to survive, throwing away all that she had believed in, suppressing her emotions, fears and doubts . . . her soul’s darkest side would be her weapon, her strength, her salvation . . . an unmerciful murderer, a cruel demon, unflinching in the face of death itself.

Rian had witnessed the start of an era . . . and she would change drastically from that moment onwards . . . with no escape from never-ending tragedy that would scar her forever.

• 2 weeks later...

CHAPTER 02

Lessons For Survival

Rian walked along a street wearily, her feet tired out and her whole body aching, but she could not stop. She walked as much as possible as if it would take away the pain and sorrow, but she could not escape it. Every time she stopped to rest, the memories came flooding back. It was three days now and the girl kept roaming different towns, unable to find a safe place to stay, seeing things she never thought she would ever have to see. The world she knew was rapidly changing and she felt lost in the midst. She noticed the groups and gatherings, the various types of people trying to persuade youngsters to join them, destroying whoever came in their way. It was happening everywhere . . . schools, offices, homes, places of worship, railways stations, government sectors, but there was no one trying to stop it or arresting the groups.

Year – 2013 . . . Month – October . . . Day – 15th

It was beginning of the mobs . . . the era of youth revolution.  

Rian had been tracked diligently by the same mob that had attacked her apartment but for what reason she had no idea and she didn’t know how they knew her movements. Although she managed not attracting the attention of the mobs conducting recruitments, she couldn’t shake off this group. Rian ducked into a building and ran all the way to the roof top just as her pursuers thought she was finally trapped. Using her limited chemistry knowledge and a few tools she had found, the girl created an explosion to create a diversion and rolled off the edge of the roof top, not knowing if she would survive the fall. She wasn’t scared in the least, something new for her.

To her good luck, she fell onto the twisted branches of a large tree where a black cat sat calmly, staring at the unwelcome stranger. Rian’s whole body ached and she didn’t know if she had broken any bones but she sat up slowly and painfully to catch her breath. She could see a window directly opposite where she was, and a teacher with her students called out to the cat. One of the small girls spotted Rian and called out to her.

‘What are you doing there? It’s not safe to be outside! Walk along the branch and come in!’ she said, pointing out the direction.

Rian was still shaking after her fall so she said nothing and stayed where she was.

Suddenly there was a heavy shudder on the branch and Rian found herself staring at a humongous anaconda with brown eyes, its tongue flickering in and out of its mouth, inching towards her. She stiffened and stared back at the snake, not knowing what to do. One of the students watching from the window came across another branch and diverted the attention of the anaconda towards a smaller snake curled up on some vines. She pulled on Rian’s arm, hoping to escape before they were attacked but the anaconda swallowed its much smaller prey in one quick motion and turned back towards the two girls.

‘What do we do?’ asked the student from Rian with fear in her eyes.

Rian shrugged. She didn’t know why she wasn’t that scared even though she was facing a large creature that could kill her with one bite. ‘If the branch breaks or the snake attacks us, we jump into the river.’

The student looked down and grimaced. The river below was muddy and both girls didn’t know how to swim, plus there was quite a large distance from the tree to the school.

‘The anaconda lunged forward, the branch broke and the two girls leapt into the river . . . it all happened in a flash.’

But it was only playing out in Rian’s mind. She kept watching the movements of the snake and she saw its upper skin beginning to split into two, possibly going to shed its skin. The two girls took this chance to clamber along the branch and reach the school. Rian looked back over her shoulder once, thanking god for still being alive.