Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)

RazorDan

46 minutes ago, Scyrous said:

They will. Usual gap between sub and dub is 2-4 weeks. I believe for season 2 last year it was three weeks. Maybe two.

So, either watch it sub-only, both sub and dub, or watch dub-only and try to avoid spoilers at all costs. :P

Alternatively, you could start reading the manga. I was spoiled the contents of S2 as well, so I decided to read the manga and experience everything fresh.

Luckily for me, I barely remember anything of the arc(s) season 3 is going to adapt, so any spoiler is basically just a reminder for me. :D

I guess I have to watch it subbed then. A 2 weeks gap is too much for a popular show like AoT because avoiding spoilers isn't easy. 

I tried the reading the Manga from the first chapter but I stopped because I prefer the anime version tbh. The art is better in the anime and the soundtrack is 🔥 🔥

3 minutes ago, CyborgIcarus29 said:

I guess I have to watch it subbed then. A 2 weeks gap is too much for a popular show like AoT because avoiding spoilers isn't easy. 

I tried the reading the Manga from the first chapter but I stopped because I prefer the anime version tbh. The art is better in the anime and the soundtrack is 🔥🔥

Avoiding spoilers is easy as long as you just don't play dumb by going into forums threads that would obviously be discussing it ahead of what you've seen (and stay away from dumb places like reddit/4chan). Or if you've got assholes for friends that love to ruin things.

I haven't been spoiled on any show in years aside from a single slip up about DxD by a Discord user a few weeks back.

Hell I actively had to skim through AoT2 episodes weekly to gather frame numbers for encoding it several episodes ahead of what I was watching and still managed to not spoil myself.

You pretty much have to be asking to be spoiled to be spoiled.

2 hours ago, Koby said:

Avoiding spoilers is easy as long as you just don't play dumb by going into forums threads that would obviously be discussing it ahead of what you've seen (and stay away from dumb places like reddit/4chan). Or if you've got assholes for friends that love to ruin things.

I haven't been spoiled on any show in years aside from a single slip up about DxD by a Discord user a few weeks back.

Hell I actively had to skim through AoT2 episodes weekly to gather frame numbers for encoding it several episodes ahead of what I was watching and still managed to not spoil myself.

You pretty much have to be asking to be spoiled to be spoiled.

That's true but i have no luck when it comes to avoiding spoilers for popular shows like Aot and GoT. Last season i avoided all the forums, i avoided reddit and i left all the anime groups on facebook but i got spoiled because loads of non-anime facebook pages decided to post AoT screenshots for some reason. Anyway i just checked the subbed version and the voice acting is pretty damn good (eren's VA in particular blows the english VA out of the water) so switching to it isn't a big problem for me anymore. 

Hell no. Yuki Kaji doesn't hold a candle to Bryce Papenbrook and Armin sounds much more his age in the dub, thanks to Josh Grelle. Marine Inoue has always been horrible at male characters past the prepubescent state. And I would also prefer to not hear the Eng names be butchered in the JP language, since only the dub pronounces those names correctly. Also, Koby is right - avoiding spoilers is easy.  

On 6/15/2018 at 11:22 AM, AkihitoSenpai said:

Is anyone as hyped up for the next season of Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyoujin). Who is your favorite character in the series?

YES, super hyped. I loved season 2, the animation quality and the music were outstanding, WIT studio is really doing a great job, they managed to animate so much details while keeping the animation fluid and interesting, they'd be the perfect studio for a PROPER Berserk animation imho.
And for the fav character, Ymir, no doubt. Her dedicated episode nearly made me cry.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Only 6 more days left. I can hardly wait.
I managed to avoid any kind of spoilers, manga or anime related. Stopped reading the manga at around ch88 or so and now I'm curious about much this season is going to cover.
There were two scenes in season2 that have been shown way ahead in time, involving Marco and Ymir, so I really hope that in order to make any sense of especially Ymir's content this season is gonna cover until books and shores.

1 minute ago, cinnamox said:

Only 6 more days left. I can hardly wait.
I managed to avoid any kind of spoilers, manga or anime related. Stopped reading the manga at around ch88 or so and now I'm curious about much this season is going to cover.
There were two scenes in season2 that have been shown way ahead in time, involving Marco and Ymir, so I really hope that in order to make any sense of especially Ymir's content this season is gonna cover until books and shores.

If you don't mind cam rip, the first ep is already on nyaa

1 hour ago, kitkat said:

New opening of Attack on Titan sucks. 

Well, it's not bad imho, but surely it's a totally different style, and I too am a bit disappointed.
I heard it fits the upcoming more "calm" arc (I'm not a manga reader, idk) , so it's fine I guess.
But yeah I really hope Liked Horizon come back, cause theire style it's ingrained in the series, and it's perfect for it.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, kitkat said:

New opening of Attack on Titan sucks. There's a lot skipped from the manga, but isayama said he'll make some changes since he regretted this arc (uprising arc).

I wouldn’t say it sucks. Definitely not ‘bombastic’ compared to the previous three OPs, but it fits the mood of the arc very well (lots of politics and worldbuilding, not as much titan action - this is the point where AoT enters seinen territory, basically). As for the song itself, it’s okay. Nothing particularly interesting but not bad either. Beautiful visuals though.

I reckon the second cour’s OP will be a lot more intense, given the arc it will be covering (and potentially by Linked Horizon again). It will blow you away.

Edited by Scyrous
  • Like 1

Hmm this first episode is difficult.
First of all, the new opening is awesome! Sure it's not as upbeat as previous ones, but this arc is also entirely different that any previous ones.
I love how it's entirely about one character that's about to become central in this arc. Plus it's featuring very important elements for this new arc as well.

I had to go back to the source material and wow, a lot has been skipped. Probably because this is a pilot episode to rile up the audience.

I wonder if you can interpret into the first seconds that the season is actually going to end 'there', but I'm not really sure about that...
There's just not enough space to work with. I can see three scenarios:
1) They skip a lot and somehow cram two arcs into this season

2) They adapt this one arc only with about 21 episodes (referring to the BD and DVD release dates from official website)
3) They extend this season with a couple more episodes (idk, 26~28) and adapt two arcs and make them good

That being sad, I enjoyed this episode very much.
I could get immersed into this anime once again without any problems. Almost felt like I've ended 2nd season right before diving into this new one ^^

Edited by cinnamox

3 hours ago, cinnamox said:

I had to go back to the source material and wow, a lot has been skipped. Probably because this is a pilot episode to rile up the audience.

I wonder if you can interpret into the first seconds that the season is actually going to end 'there', but I'm not really sure about that...
There's just not enough space to work with. I can see three scenarios:
1) They skip a lot and somehow cram two arcs into this season

2) They adapt this one arc only with about 21 episodes (referring to the BD and DVD release dates from official website)
3) They extend this season with a couple more episodes (idk, 26~28) and adapt two arcs and make them good

As said before, Isayama was involved in changing the order of many story beats to improve the pacing and whatnot. And some of the more irrelevant/pointless parts have been skipped entirely, plus some elements were changed altogether.

7 episodes doesn’t mean it’s gonna be ~21 episodes. The amount of episodes per volume can definitely be different for a few of them, resulting in a total of 22, 24 or maybe 25 episodes. You get the idea: it’s not set in stone. We don’t really know yet. Either way, the current arc and next arc are going to be covered. 100%. As for how the pacing is gonna be, even manga readers don’t know. But you can be sure all the changes are done to improve the experience and overall story. After all, most of these changes are coming from Isayama himself. His involvement with the anime basically turns it into a revised/final version of the AoT story, rather than a direct adaptation. Which can only be a good thing if you ask me. The current arc received some pacing complaints and I’m glad Isayama is improving that aspect atleast.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Scyrous said:

As said before, Isayama was involved in changing the order of many story beats to improve the pacing and whatnot. And some of the more irrelevant/pointless parts have been skipped entirely, plus some elements were changed altogether.

7 episodes doesn’t mean it’s gonna be ~21 episodes. The amount of episodes per volume can definitely be different for a few of them, resulting in a total of 22, 24 or maybe 25 episodes. You get the idea: it’s not set in stone. We don’t really know yet. Either way, the current arc and next arc are going to be covered. 100%. As for how the pacing is gonna be, even manga readers don’t know. But you can be sure all the changes are done to improve the experience and overall story. After all, most of these changes are coming from Isayama himself. His involvement with the anime basically turns it into a revised/final version of the AoT story, rather than a direct adaptation. Which can only be a good thing if you ask me. The current arc received some pacing complaints and I’m glad Isayama is improving that aspect atleast.

Well, I definitely want to believe that this season is gonna cover two arcs. Is there an official statement by the producers themselves somewhere?
I just hope that the producers won't cut out too much material just to make these two arcs somehow fit into one limited ~24 episode season.
I don't know how much Isayama has been involved, but it's just hard to believe that this is going to work out in a satisfying way.
Surely the first episode has been specially prepared in this way to get you pumped for the new season, so there's still room for neglected content to be fully implemented later on. There were some very important aspects that you just cannot remove like that.

5 minutes ago, cinnamox said:

Well, I definitely want to believe that this season is gonna cover two arcs. Is there an official statement by the producers themselves somewhere?
I just hope that the producers won't cut out too much material just to make these two arcs somehow fit into one limited ~24 episode season.
I don't know how much Isayama has been involved, but it's just hard to believe that this is going to work out in a satisfying way.
Surely the first episode has been specially prepared in this way to get you pumped for the new season, so there's still room for neglected content to be fully implemented later on. There were some very important aspects that you just cannot remove like that.

No, but all the promotional material and interviews seem to indicate it will cover two arcs. Do you really expect it’s gonna take something like 22-25 eps to cover one single arc? No freaking way, especially not with the current arc. As I said: season 3 is gonna be two arcs. Unless some kind of miracle happens and it’s gonna be 3 arcs, but I highly doubt it. Next arc is action-heavy which generally allows for faster pacing, so first cour might be 13 eps and second cour 12 eps. You get the idea.

Last season was one cour and covered one single arc as well, and they actually had to add some filler to make it 12 eps (most notably ep02 and a lot of Ymir/Christa backstory), as stated by one of the staff members in an interview. Can’t remember if it was Isayama or the director who said it...

Believe what you want, but with only ep01 released so far, obviously it’s best to wait and see before complaining about certain pages that were skipped (for now, maybe).

On-topic: I liked ep01 a lot. Character designs were slightly altered to look closer to the manga. Kenny’s introduction was pretty solid.

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

No, but all the promotional material and interviews seem to indicate it will cover two arcs. Do you really expect it’s gonna take something like 22-25 eps to cover one single arc? No freaking way, especially not with the current arc. As I said: season 3 is gonna be two arcs. Unless some kind of miracle happens and it’s gonna be 3 arcs, but I highly doubt it. Next arc is action-heavy which generally allows for faster pacing, so first cour might be 13 eps and second cour 12 eps. You get the idea.

So no proof, alright. All we got is mere speculation.
Well I can only see it going to work out in a satisfying way if the split would be something like 16~18 episodes for uprising arc and then as many episodes needed for the following one. Unless their goal is quantity over quality.

1 hour ago, Scyrous said:

Believe what you want, but with only ep01 released so far, obviously it’s best to wait and see before complaining about certain pages that were skipped (for now, maybe).

Of course, with just one episode to take as a source you're just grasping at straws. Time will tell.
All I'm doing is looking out for facts that can tell me how this will go down, that's all ^^
I'll start complaining (perhaps) later on if my worries are getting confirmed at some point.

3 hours ago, Scyrous said:

On-topic: I liked ep01 a lot. Character designs were slightly altered to look closer to the manga. Kenny’s introduction was pretty solid.

So designs ARE different, I thought I was crazy cause my friends said they saw nothing different lol.
The characters seem slightly older, especially Eren, and this makes it feel like time has passed for them too, I like it.

Edited by Pi7on
typo

1 hour ago, Pi7on said:

The characters seem slightly older, especially Eren, and this makes it feel like time has passed for them too, I like it.

I agree. While S3 starts right where S2 left off, I can imagine all of the characters are exhausted, especially Eren (having suffered a mental breakdown) and Mikasa (her ribs being crushed by a titan). So while virtually no time has passed, the ‘older’ character designs do fit their current mental/physical state a lot better.

Edit: got a new piece of unrelated info for you all. Looks like the ending theme for the first cour is called Requiem der Morgenröte, by Linked Horizon.

Edited by Scyrous
  • Like 1

• Koby changed the title to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)