Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)

RazorDan

Has it really been 4 years? I remember a long time ago AoT was overhyped by the CartoonNetwork crowds at work, I threw it into my queue, but only just watched it last summer.  How did everyone not go crazy waiting that long?

Right now Im Tivoing it, may binge the whole season if I can hold off...how is everyone enjoying it so far?

4 hours ago, GoofOff said:

Has it really been 4 years? I remember a long time ago AoT was overhyped by the CartoonNetwork crowds at work, I threw it into my queue, but only just watched it last summer.  How did everyone not go crazy waiting that long?

Right now Im Tivoing it, may binge the whole season if I can hold off...how is everyone enjoying it so far?

It's been 4 years since the sub, but only about 2 years since the dub, I htink.

2 hours ago, CzeroC said:

This season seems ok but i'd like it if they pick up the pace more.

Couldn't agree more. A lot of people find the pacing to be much better than season 1's, but it's just too slow and lackluster for me. Especially given how some episodes spend 10 minutes on flashbacks. For an arc that's supposed to be one of the best in the entire manga, I'm not exactly impressed so far. We still have 3 episodes to go, but I'm kinda losing hope.

Edited by Scyrous
typo

I haven't had a problem with the pacing much. Not a whole lost has taken place this season, but that is because a lot of it is heavy dialogues and expose. We're getting character backgrounds built upon, revealing which characters also have the ability to Titan-morph like Eren, and just generally learning more about the world of AoT. Apparently it's much larger than just what is within the Walls of the society we've been shown. The pacing isn't actually any slower or faster than the previous season, which people also complained about being slow. I'm still kind of shocked they're only doing one cour as I figured they would have done another 2-cour and ended the season where chapter 70 ended, which would have been the same pacing as season one, and ended up at the end of an arc.

• Like 1

49 minutes ago, Koby said:

I'm still kind of shocked they're only doing one cour as I figured they would have done another 2-cour and ended the season where chapter 70 ended, which would have been the same pacing as season one, and ended up at the end of an arc.

I wouldn't have minded the flashbacks if it was going to be 2-cour. But since it's only one-cour, there's already not much room for overly long recaps and flashbacks. I'll admit that some of these flashbacks were quite good, but there's also a few that dragged on for too long (looking at you episode 2). And then there's episode 9 which was just 24 minutes worth of talking... I dunno, I'm not a big fan of it. Can't blame the production committee since they're actually doing a great job adapting the manga, but still.

Another problem with season 2 being one-cour is going to be season 3 (atleast the first cour). From what I've been told, it's a lackluster arc with lots of political stuff. Not too much action. So how is that supposed to get people excited again? I'll be reading the manga once season 2 ends, but it does worry me.

• Koby changed the title to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)