Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)

RazorDan

31 minutes ago, Scyrous said:

I wouldn't have minded the flashbacks if it was going to be 2-cour. But since it's only one-cour, there's already not much room for overly long recaps and flashbacks. I'll admit that some of these flashbacks were quite good, but there's also a few that dragged on for too long (looking at you episode 2). And then there's episode 9 which was just 24 minutes worth of talking... I dunno, I'm not a big fan of it. Can't blame the production committee since they're actually doing a great job adapting the manga, but still.

Another problem with season 2 being one-cour is going to be season 3 (atleast the first cour). From what I've been told, it's a lackluster arc with lots of political stuff. Not too much action. So how is that supposed to get people excited again? I'll be reading the manga once season 2 ends, but it does worry me.

Even if it had been two-cour the flashbacks wouldn't have changed. It would have still covered what it has covered with the same pacing it has done. The only difference is we're not getting the next cour, which will now be titled season 3, immediately when this cour ends. They have to adapt what they have to adapt. Sounds like you're wishing they'd just skip canon content to get to the action scenes. I'd prefer them not skip / gloss over things to do that.

• Like 1

Just now, Koby said:

Even if it had been two-cour the flashbacks wouldn't have changed. It would have still covered what it has covered with the same pacing it has done. The only difference is we're not getting the next cour which will now be titled season 3, immediately when this cour ends.

They have to adapt what they have to adapt. Sounds like you're wishing they'd just skip canon content to get to the action scenes. I'd prefer them not skip / gloss over things to do that.

True, but the amount of episodes being doubled certainly would make a difference. Mainly because we're gonna have to wait so darn long.

I'm fine with flashbacks as long as they serve a good purpose. Today's episode did a fantastic job for example. I personally don't care about potato girl a lot since she doesn't serve much of a purpose. So naturally, episode 2 was a bit boring for me. I get that it's needed to flesh out characters though. But i'd rather see this happen in a 2-cour season rather than 1-cour.

Just a little information for those curious about chapters covered, how often chapter are released, and how many chapters are currently out, etc...

They adapted 35 chapters across the first season, and they'll be adapting 15 chapters for this season, with 20 chapters for the next arc which we can assume will be covered in the next cour. So pacing still averages out to the same amount of chapters being utilized per episode between this cour and the last as season 2 & 3 combined will be another 35 chapters covered.

This season will end with up to the 50th chapter having been adapted and there is only 93 chapters out at this time, as chapters are only released once a month.

So basically this one cour went through 15 months worth of material, which is why we had such a delay between the first season and this. As it stands, with the current pacing, we could get at most, two additional cours of anime (after the potential 1 cour season 3) before being out of material as that would potentially put us up to chapter 90. But I have a feeling they'd put those two cours together as one because 10 chapters a cour would really seem slow. So we're more than likely looking at only Season 3 & Season 4 both being one cour before being caught up with the manga enough to not have enough material for another season.

Taking all this into consideration, if they wanted to actively keep the anime going, we could only realistically get 1 cour every 2-3 years to maintain a balance and not run out of material.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

First torrent for the BD Vol. 1 has appeared...

I'm very disappointed. If there's anything I truly hated about season 2 it's the poor use of CGI. When I first saw the Colossal Titan in episode (spoiler is the episode number)

Spoiler

it ruined the immersion for me. And it looks like they didn't improve it in the BD one bit. Looks the same as the TV version. What's even worse is that they switch from godawful CGI to crisp 2D throughout the scene, making it stand out even more. Yabuta Shuuhei, the incredible 3D director from season 1, isn't credited anywhere for season 2 so that could explain why. Since Wit Studio managed to release AoT S2 this way, I don't have high hopes for when those later manga volumes are going to be adapted (if season 3 ends up being 25 episodes, it's likely going to be season 4 I am referring to).

This is such a shame.

Edited by Scyrous

i hav a question for u guys

why the second season was so short while the first one was that long which was absoulotly neccesary for us to undrestand and be compatiandt for this serie

but these 12 episode wasnt enough releafing, it wa too short

i mean in this season we just found out that who truly are reiner and bertholedt and yemir , nothing else... didnt mentioned why historia is so important, which we know cause she is the grand child of mother of titans.. and this failing keeps continue

i mean the making of it was fantastic and so beautiful and i love it, i watched mikasa's section and eren fight with armor titan too many times maybe like 50 times and i enjoed it every time

but seriously 12 ep???

its way short than i expected

pardon my language thou

• Koby changed the title to Attack on Titan (Shingeki no Kyojin) (Wit Studio)