Thoughts on "Romance" Anime

AxelVIII

Ok, I for one am a big fan of Romance Anime, weather it be Romantic Comedy, Fantasy Romance, Sci-Fi Romance, etc, etc. But am I the only one who gets a little irritated when a series ends before anyone gets together, such as: (A few Anime I've seen this happen to. Possible Spoilers)

Rosario+Vampire, Okami-San and her Seven Companions, Sekirei, Haganai, Ranma 1/2)

I would love to hear opinions.

Edit:Sorry, kinda messed that up.lol. Thanks.

Edited by AxelVIII

I am a person who likes lots of different types of anime, Romance is one of my favourites, after watching action anime after action anime I love to sit back and watch a good romance anime. And yes I have seen my fair share of animes that end before anyone gets together.

Also you may want to close your spoiler tags off with

I'm a huge fan of Romance anime. When a certain genre of anime is done right, for me that invokes a feeling. Action would make me excited, Drama would make me sad, Romance makes me happy, ahah.

I kind of got used to the anime where no one ends together. Sometimes it's because it's a generic harem anime that it goes down that direction, other times the anime gets cut short or cancelled so they have to rush to an end, but that happens in all genres so I'm not too fussed. Despite that I still think Romance is possibly one of my favorites. (thinking back, most of my memorable anime have been romance)

Yes this annoys me greatly because for the entire anime you're waiting for them to get together and then it happens in the final episode but its minor and you dont get to see that relationship.

But what if it doesn't happen at all?

Well that's when it's like -jaw drop- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

I love Anime Romance, I don't watch many, but when I do I really enjoy it. But even in action Anime, and other genres that Romance doesn't really fit in, but there is ties to it and such (someone likes this person, etc), just from that it pisses me off when it takes 200 Episodes (a bit of an exaggeration, but a few do)  for the relationship to finally happen, I wish they could of done it 50 Episodes in, instead of that long to finally do it...

I like all kind of romance anime as long as they have a good plot.

Btw you should read the Ranma 1/2 manga if you want to see a better ending.

I would love a better ending, but the patience I have for (Filler) Manga chapters wears thin after awhile. (Not to mention I forgot where I left off.lol.)

Yes this annoys me greatly because for the entire anime you're waiting for them to get together and then it happens in the final episode but its minor and you dont get to see that relationship.

But what if it doesn't happen at all?

Well that's when it's like -jaw drop- FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! lol

There's my point. Romance Anime, Imho, is a very good thing, but for a die-hard romantic like me, the "No relationship" ending is always hard to deal with once it's hooked you.

Edited by AxelVIII
  • Like 1

That is one of the most annoying things ever

(btw i noticed u placed ramna 1/2 on there never watched the anime but read the manga and it was upsetting  and unfortunately not much different from inuyasha either which sucked because they were both awesome however i still wished for a little more) 

• 9 months later...

I completely agree, one of the few examples that come to mind is Ouran Host Club... In the anime you never see the characters in a clearly established romantic relationship (is that technically a spoiler? haha) another is Kaichou wa Maid-sama, a fine example of when an anime is coming to an end so they have to rush the ending.... Sigh! When an anime ends like that it makes me so frustrated but I'll watch it over and over again just because

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...