wonTi.jpg

Signature of the Week #101

Theme: Romance!

Rules:
  • All entries are to be submitted by Friday, January 25.
  • Your entry must be related to the Romance theme.
  • Only one entry per participant. However, you may edit your entry until the deadline.
  • Signatures must be your own work.
  • Entries can be in GIF, JPG, JPEG or PNG format, and should be no larger than 600x220 pixels. Animated signatures are allowed.
  • Pre-made signatures are allowed, as long as they have not been used in a past Kametsu competition.
  • In addition to your entry, please also submit a theme idea for next week's competition. Please check this thread to make sure your theme has not already been used.
  • Please read all Graphical Division Rules and Forum Rules before entering. All rules apply.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.
Edited by poetictragedy

[VOTE HERE!]

Rules:

• All votes are to be submitted by Sunday, January 27.
  • To vote, reply to this thread, listing your top three signatures IN ORDER. First place gets three points, second gets two points, third gets one point; the person with the most points wins.
  • Along with your vote, you may say why you picked the signatures you picked, and/or leave constructive criticism for any entry you wish. Do not feel that you have to, but you may if you want.
  • Keep in mind the theme and the connection between the theme and the signature. Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.
  • Avoid favoritism.
  • You may not vote for yourself.
  • This thread is strictly for entry submission, voting, and results. Other SOTW discussions belong in a separate SOTW Discussions thread. ANY DISCUSSIONS POSTED HERE WILL BE DELETED.

Example:

Sally - Fit the theme the best.
Bob - Text could have been better.
Anna - Render placement was a little off.

See my votes here, for another example.

Entries:
Dreamcastor:
RomanceKiritoXAsuna_zps267af4b2.jpg

J-Lord:
SOTW101Romancetxt-1.png

playlamegetfame:
v1ege.png

poetictragedy:
fDqDvRp.jpg

Breathless:
romancesotw.png

jobonline20:
couplesig500x220_zps94d7b6c7.png

Edited by poetictragedy

Breathless - The render placement makes things interesting, and the overall signature is lovely to look at. The only negative I have is the text; the blending options and font choice are good, but I don't like the placement. Personally, I might have moved it more to the left, away from the girl's arm.

Dreamcastor - The colors are pretty, and go together very well. I don't much like the branches (I think that's what they are?) in the background though.

playlamegetfame - Doesn't seem to fit the theme the best to me, but I love the text, and the colors are fantastic. Really a gorgeous signature.

Edited by poetictragedy

1st. - Poe (It's a bit bright for my taste but it flows really well.)

2nd. - Breathless (It was good, but I Poe's was better.)

3rd. - PLGF (Not a big fan of the style but out of the rest, I like this one the best.)

@Poe - There aren't anything but flower and hearts in the background.

Edited by Dreamcastor

1) Breathless - liked almost every aspect of the signature, though the placement of the font could have been better like poetictragedy suggested.

2) J-Lord - I liked almost everything, though the background was kinda boring to me

3) Dreamcastor - I liked the colors you've chosen, though it seems way too blurred, and Asuna looks different from than the Asuna from the anime IMO.

Breathless:

The signature is very easy on the eyes, little bright, but that is a personal issue.  That was not enough to dock a point though, I am just not a big fan of bright coloring,

Dreamcastor:

Nice, crisp, and great choice in background.

playlamegetfame:

out of the remaining this was my next chioce, image looked a bit static.

Edited by Minkseru

Breathless -- I like the colours a lot and it's pretty cute. I'm glad you stuck with this one, haha.

Poe -- The details on the left are pretty faded, but I like the contrast between the girl and the guy.

J-Lord -- The bright blue border is a little weird, maybe something a wee darker. I like that it looks magical, though, haha.

Please do not vote for the render/image, but for the OVERALL signature you think looks best.

Oh dear you got me there!!! Haha.  I'm so shallow... :P

Alright so top 3 now huh?

playlamegetfame: Stood out from the rest.  It's almost psychedelic and the renders blend in well with the rest of it.

J-Lord: Contemplated making this first since they're kissing and all, but the quality overall is a little lower than above ^^^.

Breathless: This one is good but I can't see their faces. :P It could have been a little scaled down I guess.

1* PLGF: I like this one the best. The text is great and it's nice and focused. But as Poe said I don't think it matches the theme the best. But knowing the anime I think it's just fine. ;p Great work!

2* Poe: I like this one, albeit a bit simple I don't think that's a bad thing. I think there could probably be more done, or maybe it's the fact that the render takes too much space but it does feel a tad empty.

3* JLord: As it has been said before it does look very fantasy-ish. So pretty! As EO said the border is a tad out of place and I also feel that the effects/brush strokes are a bit strong but that's just my personal preference. 

@lolrawr: Haha, I hid their faces on purpose. It's a little thing of mine, I find it suuuuuper romantic~. D: