Am i the only one who doesn't like the new youtube...

franko446

I don't think I have it yet. I'm always secluded in my subscription box so I don't notice much of what happens anywhere else. I'm never on the front page.

I know this one guy has it. He hates it so much he makes scripts and stuff so it changes the way it looks to where he likes it lol.

Yeah, I think it is one of those "rolling" implementations. Or at the very least, a rolling test for a new layout, such that <1/4 of users will see it at any point in time.

Yesterday I had a vastly different youtube layout, and it annoyed me, partly because it felt like a social media site (all comments had the user's icon next to them, there were a bunch of mostly pointless sidebars, and in general it just looked cluttered and unintuitive). It made youtube's front page look tame in terms of clutter. Fortunately, today it is back to the current standard for me. I'm hoping this suffers the fate of their html5 change. I actually liked it when they were testing the html 5 capability, because then I could watch videos at 2x and 4x speed (also 1/2 and 1/4 speeds). But then they didn't fully implement the feature, and things stayed mostly the same. So hopefully this too will be dropped.

Yeah, I think it is one of those "rolling" implementations. Or at the very least, a rolling test for a new layout, such that <1/4 of users will see it at any point in time.

Yesterday I had a vastly different youtube layout, and it annoyed me, partly because it felt like a social media site (all comments had the user's icon next to them, there were a bunch of mostly pointless sidebars, and in general it just looked cluttered and unintuitive). It made youtube's front page look tame in terms of clutter. Fortunately, today it is back to the current standard for me. I'm hoping this suffers the fate of their html5 change. I actually liked it when they were testing the html 5 capability, because then I could watch videos at 2x and 4x speed (also 1/2 and 1/4 speeds). But then they didn't fully implement the feature, and things stayed mostly the same. So hopefully this too will be dropped.

another thing that annoyed me is the inbox change

Can someone please do a screen-cap of what this new UI is supposed to look like? Cause I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm on Youtube literally every day and have heard nothing about a new UI.

This is what my UI currently looks like and I've had it for most of 2012, if I'm correct (at least the last few months).

youtubeui.jpg

Can someone please do a screen-cap of what this new UI is supposed to look like? Cause I honestly have no idea what you guys are talking about. I'm on Youtube literally every day and have heard nothing about a new UI.

This is what my UI currently looks like and I've had it for most of 2012, if I'm correct (at least the last few months).

youtubeui.jpg

I believe that is the "old" ui. This so called "new" ui is a lot more minimalistic from what I have seen from others. I have yet to see it with my own eyes though.

it happened to me with the channel update that happened some time ago, i think you tube seems to update their site to some people maybe its something to do with your location i don't know...

what the hell now you tube is saying my user name is to long and asking me to review my content witch i only have 1 video -_-

Edited by Emotional Outlet

• 8 months later...