Will you be upgrading to Win 8

redsky23

I find all the people who hate Windows 8 is a trolol poster. They only hate the Metro interface. Like many people said, install a program disable all the fancy controls that came with Metro and problem solved!

Well it's not that simple. Humans have a factor called being lazy.

They want the feature to already be there.

Well it's not that simple. Humans have a factor called being lazy.

They want the feature to already be there.

It is that simple... People are writing off Windows 8 purely because of the start menu. The menu can be replaced, and the charm bar turned off, which tosses their argument out the window.

I don't think it is because people are lazy, they just want to troll. You see people bitch about the start menu all day every day, but not one of those people can come up with another valid reason for flaming the OS. Hell, some of those people have probably never used Windows 8, yet they will still jump on the 'Windows 8 is shit' bandwagon.

• 2 weeks later...

Never on my current desktop, the whole metro thing was designed for touchscreen. On a windows tablet which my sister got and i checked is more than fine when you use fingers and you need  easier navigation, but on a desktop or laptop with no touchscreen its just a resource waste which could made the whole os much faster if it didn't exist (since its on top of the older gui in a sense), if there was an option to install windows 8 without metro ui and just the performance tweaks they have over windows 7 i would totally go for it, but so far from a period i tested them on a laptop (like 3 days) they don't feel as natural as transitioning from xp to windows 7 making it so that things i could do instantly on windows 7 take a bit to figure because of the loss of start menu and having to go from metro to regular ui for most things. Now for casual users like my sis or mother its really cool for 2-3 things they need a pc, so in conclusion its not a bad os, its not for me.

Edited by animedono

• 3 weeks later...

I'm debating buying either a new laptop or PC.

The laptop I'm looking at comes with Windows 8 on it- and unless you bust your ass trying to configure all the drivers and whatnot back to Windows 7, you're pretty much stuck with 8.

I'm not really a fan of it, they should have just realeased a touch/tablet OS (which is what it's meant for) solely, and stuck with Windows 7 on other devices. It almost feels like Windows 2000 and Windows ME. Completely unncecessary in terms of needing a new OS released, and actually back treading in terms of usefullness and usibility.

Long story short, I'll be going with a PC and Windows 7.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

windows 8 has some pretty damn good updates under the hood that would recommend it over windows 7. However the support for windows 8 for games isn't really there yet. There's enough new titles out there that have issues with win 8 still, developers have yet to really nut out proper driver support for it.

Give it 6 months a year, though, and definitely it'll be the choice.

If you can get around that damn homepage screen of course.

• 4 weeks later...

if you look a windows history:

windows 95 good

windows 98 same as 95

windows 2000 better

windows ME bad

windows xp best

windows vista bad

windows 7 much better

windows 8 worst

windows 8.1 improved but still bad

lookingat it that way it's safe to say windows 9 will be the the succesor to windows 7 then again I may go full linux if they can fix their driver issues and wine gets full exe compatability.. (aka runs all exes that run on windows drivers excluded)

• 1 month later...