SOTW #86: Bokeh [Results]

poetictragedy

sotwbanner.jpg

Signature of the Week #86

This week's theme, as chosen by poetictragedy: Bokeh!

Bokeh is "the way the lens renders out-of-focus points of light." Examples can be found here and here. Textures for use in signatures can be found here. All entries must include a bokeh light effect somewhere in the image; like this previous SOTW entry, or the like the Neal Caffrey signature I'm currently using. if anyone needs any additional information, just ask.

Please read all

Graphical Division rules before entering.

Entry deadline: Friday, September 7

Voting deadline: Sunday, September 9

Edited by poetictragedy
  • Like 1

v2nin.gif

Theme: Freestyle (everything allowed)

"Freestyle" has already kind of been used in the form of "Anything Goes"...

here's my entry bit of late But I make it on time....

SOTW86-1.jpg

theme: Female Combatants

Wouldn't "Female Combatants" be pretty much the same thing as "Battle-ready Girl" (which has been used)?

Edited by Apollo

When I heard the word bokeh I thought of boku. Now I can't unthink. *shutter*

Anyway. Even though I'm not fond of the render, I voted for firedogx10. I feel some of sigs had the little bokeh light things as an afterthought. I know that's not what you guys did lol, but it looks like it. I feel firedog did the best at giving the allusion at what is behind the render is out of focus.

ok my another choice

Theme: Travel

To avoid issues like this, you should really check this thread. It's also linked in the rules, which are referenced in every competition thread. The graphics mods are very good about keeping these threads updated, so you don't have to worry about it falling behind!

I really liked ogromm's--beat out Metamorphosis's, which I thought had a bit too much text for my liking, by a slight margin.

• Like 1

ok my another choice

Theme: Travel

To avoid issues like this, you should really check this thread. It's also linked in the rules, which are referenced in every competition thread. The graphics mods are very good about keeping these threads updated, so you don't have to worry about it falling behind!

I really liked ogromm's--beat out Metamorphosis's, which I thought had a bit too much text for my liking, by a slight margin.

thanks I read it..

Thanks to everyone who participated in this week's competition, voters and designers alike! Here are the results.

Click an artist's name to see their entry!

1st Place, with 4 votes [26.67%]

2nd Place, with 3 votes [20.00%]

poetictragedy

3rd Place, with 2 votes [13.33%]

Honorable Mention

Next week's theme, as chosen by ogromm, is Blazblue!

Stay tuned for SOTW #87!

Edited by Apollo