Clobclark

What OS do you currently use?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you currently use?

• Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Your statement is off. Anything besides Windows 2000 is better than Vista.

It was so horrible that Windows came back and did Windows 7.

In my opinion Windows 7 is more like a Windows Vista upgrade. I think they just wanted to get rid of the name "Vista" because it carries all the thoughts of a terrible OS with it. Vista probably would have been a good OS if they would have stopped being idiots and raised the hardware limit for it, people should have never even been allowed to buy a computer with half a Gb of RAM in it with the OS needing at least 2Gb (from what I have seen). After it got such bad reviews they probably stopped seriously updating Vista and started focusing on 7.

In my opinion Windows 7 is more like a Windows Vista upgrade. I think they just wanted to get rid of the name "Vista" because it carries all the thoughts of a terrible OS with it. Vista probably would have been a good OS if they would have stopped being idiots and raised the hardware limit for it, people should have never even been allowed to buy a computer with half a Gb of RAM in it with the OS needing at least 2Gb (from what I have seen). After it got such bad reviews they probably stopped seriously updating Vista and started focusing on 7.

I've heard but I don't know if its true.. that Microsoft was being lazy and for Vista they just too the core of XP and tried to add all the new crap to it.. but stuff was outdated or whatever and it never worked right. So they decided they needed to actually do what they should have from the start and actually code EVERYTHING from scratch and that's when they released Windows 7.

All I do know is Vista was shitty, I have a PC with it and don't like it. My mom got a new Netbook with 7 and it's running smoothly with no problems and uses less resources than Vista as well.

I've heard but I don't know if its true.. that Microsoft was being lazy and for Vista they just too the core of XP and tried to add all the new crap to it.. but stuff was outdated or whatever and it never worked right. So they decided they needed to actually do what they should have from the start and actually code EVERYTHING from scratch and that's when they released Windows 7.

All I do know is Vista was shitty, I have a PC with it and don't like it. My mom got a new Netbook with 7 and it's running smoothly with no problems and uses less resources than Vista as well.

I don't think Vista's failure can be all blamed on Microsoft. Lets face it the PC companies were in on it too. The whole idea of the "Windows Vista Ready" sticker on every device was misleading. My laptop I use had one of those stickers and 512MB out of the box with Windows XP preloaded it definitely was not ready for vista.

I really wish it were true that windows 7 was wrote from scratch. It could be a long time before we see a version of Windows built from scratch. The magnitude of this would be equivalent when apple built MacOS X and left its predecessor behind.

oh and my info:

HTPC runs Vista, Laptop and Desktop are running XP. Dual boot between Ubuntu 8.04 LTS on the Desktop.

My computer is currently running Windows 7 Professional and it is great, but it still isn't the best it could be. I am really interested to see what the Google Chrome OS is like. If you don't know about this Google is releasing their own operating system now :D If you want to read about it just go here: Google Chrome OS

I'm probably not going to use Google Chrome OS unless it's CRAZY good... but one thing I am going to love about it is that it's going to take a real shot at Microsofts market stranglehold of the OS world. Plus it's going to be open source!

I'm probably not going to use Google Chrome OS unless it's CRAZY good... but one thing I am going to love about it is that it's going to take a real shot at Microsofts market stranglehold of the OS world. Plus it's going to be open source!

Yeah I know it will be great, I think that the first release won't be as good as windows 7 but after a bit of tweaking I think that they will have it working pretty well.

My computer is currently running Windows 7 Professional and it is great, but it still isn't the best it could be. I am really interested to see what the Google Chrome OS is like. If you don't know about this Google is releasing their own operating system now :D If you want to read about it just go here: Google Chrome OS

Oh gosh.. another attempt from Google to take over the world.

Right now I'm running Windows 7 premium and it's awesome so far. Really great customization features and whatnot.

I might check out that new Google OS eventually, but I doubt it will be anything special. Windows, MacOS, and Lynux pretty much offer people whatever they would want from there computers.

Not to mention the Chrome browser fealt like an outdated version of Firefox.

Right now I'm running Windows 7 premium and it's awesome so far. Really great customization features and whatnot.

I might check out that new Google OS eventually, but I doubt it will be anything special. Windows, MacOS, and Lynux pretty much offer people whatever they would want from there computers.

Not to mention the Chrome browser fealt like an outdated version of Firefox.

Yeah they do cover everything that people want but you never know, they could make improvements and add the best from everything into the OS. And Chrome might feel like an outdated firefox but at least it doesn't constantly crash :D

Yeah they do cover everything that people want but you never know, they could make improvements and add the best from everything into the OS. And Chrome might feel like an outdated firefox but at least it doesn't constantly crash :D

Yeah, I use Chrome on Ubuntu because I like to play flash games and the Ubuntu Firefox doesn't run flash very well. I can see Google OS being great, maybe not the first time but Google usually pull through.

• 2 weeks later...

Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit. Long time XP fanboy and I have to say I do not regret the switch at all. It's an extremely solid OS, and probably the best OS out there at the moment.

XP 64bit was really quite bad, but it was a rush job that was dropped for Vista dev. Quite sad. 7 really is the place to be for 64bit.