What OS do you currently use?  

238 members have voted

1. 1. What OS do you currently use?

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 293
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If I install a different OS, my drivers won't work anymore.

You sure about that? Windows 7 has the best driver support i've ever seen. I've installed it on many computers old and new and have almost never had any driver problems. If Windows 7 doesn't have the drivers you need right out the box, you can prolly find them on windows update.

I've done several Asus laptops and never had any issues with those.

You sure about that? Windows 7 has the best driver support i've ever seen. I've installed it on many computers old and new and have almost never had any driver problems. If Windows 7 doesn't have the drivers you need right out the box, you can prolly find them on windows update.

I tried a couple of times already. When I installed my Windows7 on my Asus F3Sa laptop, the functions such as the FN key, and others don't work anymore including my built-in webcam. I tried inserting the original driver disk of my laptop but it says that it is incompatible to the current OS (W7) so I just used the original OS (Vista HP) instead. And I think I like it that way :D I'll try upgrading it sometime thanks for the suggestion :D

I tried a couple of times already. When I installed my Windows7 on my Asus F3Sa laptop, the functions such as the FN key, and others don't work anymore including my built-in webcam. I tried inserting the original driver disk of my laptop but it says that it is incompatible to the current OS (W7) so I just used the original OS (Vista HP) instead.

A quick google always works wonders. You're likely to find the windows 7 drivers on the official site. Just google Asus F3Sa windows 7 drivers, there is bound to be a ton of helpful stuff.

• 2 weeks later...

Successfully upgraded to Windows 7 Ultimate x86 and currently enjoying it's remarkable features.

^TCL is right I just need the right tools and stuffs.

I currently run Windows 7 x64 on my gaming pc, as well as Solaris10, and Ubuntu 10.10;

Windows 7 x86, Mac OS X 10.6, and Fedora 14 on my laptop;

OpenBSD on my home server;

and RHEL5 on 4 servers plus Ubuntu 10.04 LTS on 2 servers.

As you can see, I like to familiarize myself with various operating systems :D

Hmm...is it a Macbook or you are running MacOSX on your PC ???

Anyways, I just switched to Solaris 10, for a change.