Razor's Rapid Reviews: Ao No Exorcist

Figured I may as well post it here too:

Ao No Exorcist

29173.jpg

This world consists of two dimensions joined as one, like a mirror. The first is the world in which the humans live, Assiah. The other is the world of demons, Gehenna. Ordinarily, travel between the two, and indeed any kind of contact between the two, is impossible. However the demons can pass over into this world by possessing anything that exist within it. Satan the god of demons, but there's one thing that he doesn't have, and that's a substance in the human world that is powerful enough to contain him!! For that purpose he created Rin, his son from a human woman, but will his son agree to his plans? Or will he become something else...? An exorcist?

(Source: MU)

Razor's Rapid Review:

This was a pretty damn awesome series. A fairly unique story helped immediately set it apart from other series and piqued my interest from the very beginning. The music was kick-ass too and this only made me like it more since I pay a LOT of attention to openings and such. Anyway, here's the ratings:

Story: 1/2

I loved the story. It was unique, interesting and made sense! However, there was a feeling that many people expressed and one that I kinda agree on. The story does get bogged down and becomes very stereotypical, in terms of being a shounen, in the middle. Still, the premise is very interesting.

Characters: 2/2

Classic shounen characters. Rin is just great, as is Amaimon. Though a lot of the characters, as well as the series on a whole, are kind of cliches, this doesn't take away from the story at all. You got your badass, dependent female, headstrong protagonist, yet they're still really enjoyable! A complaint could be made that the characters don't develop a lot, but I don't agree with that.

Art: 2/2

Amazing is all I can say. Everything looks so perfect. Kuro in particular is an example of great art. No faults.

Sound: 2/2

Yep, as mentioned before, I loved the music in this series. So much so, that I have both openings on my iPod!

Enjoyment: 2/2

I loved the series and watched it weekly, almost religiously. Though towards the end I did lose a bit of concentration, it kept me hooked enough to watch it weekly.

'Epic' Factor (Final Rating)

This is a funny little category, that's specific to me. In this category, I decide how special an anime feels to me. This factor is what helps me differentiate between the anime that I've rated 10/10. Sometimes, the epic factor makes me bump a series up a couple grades. This series I grade at......... 9/10

Edited by Emotional Outlet

So this is where your thread went, i was looking forward to more of your reviews you see. So this week it's Ao no Exorcist. Well it's a pretty good anime if i have to say for myself, though i personally found it a little dissapointing. I mean this anime had such potential to be a masterpiece, to go beyond extraordinary, but it just didn't turn out the way i expected it to be. The beginning of the story was a BANG. I can't think of an anime which drew me so much from the first episode, but alas as the story progressed i just kept on getting disappointed and by the end of the end of the anime i was totally heartbroken. It must be because I had such high expectations for this anime. Anyway, i rated this anime 7.5/10. By the way Razor, why do you rate every factor of your animes out of 2. Why not rate them all out of 10 and then find the average and name it as the rating for that anime. I am just saying it because you know, a story of an anime getting 1/2 won't be very clear to the reader but a 7/10 or 8/10 will be.

Edited by Leviathan

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...