DDLAnime is Officially Dead

hagi

"Taken from DDLA Facebook Page"

Guys looks like we wont be able to come back again for a while or ever maybe

Our main webserver was ceased and to protect the privacy of users we asked the DC for a killswitch for the webserver and 2 of the fileservers hosted in the DC

Using the killswitch the servers were completely wiped out of all and any data the Feds could have used or found

We were issued a closure order as due to the money Paypal sucked up we got some more probs with Court and Server bill funding

But "Payback is a bitch paypal", they hooked our $3000~ but due to the refunds we made and all the users who helped us pay them back and dispute in paypal we ducked around $8500 from paypal and refunded the users

We still ask all and any ussers or friends you know who ever paid us to dispute their transactions with paypal as unauthorized payment or item not received to get refunds

We donot want to have any user feel that they paid us and didnt get service worth it.

That is one less file host we can use, and i guess we should start to re-upload the files that were on DDLA servers to different file host now and/or move those threads to the farplane section.

And it would seem that we are getting closer to that time were download hosts will be a thing of the past. Enjoy downloading while you can guys, because its days are numbered. It is truly a shame that things like this have to happen, but at the moment all we can do is sit and watch.

DDLAnime was great while it lasted due to its very fast servers. :(

Even so, XDCC will eventually replace torrents and cyberlockers, but for now I'm gonna keep using Jumbofiles until I find a faster host.

XDCC was the original file sharing method. Which was somewhat underground compared to the file hosts direct downloads. It's lasted through all these years, and one reason is because it's not as 'out in the open' and another thing, unlike a file host site, xdcc is not all tied to popular sites, it's all individually hosted on the uploaders own servers, which normally have no ties/connections to an actual site itself and therefore it's hard to take down or crack down on. Especially considering people can host xdcc off their own home computer and internet connection (not really recommended unless you have an amazingly fast connection such as 100 megabits or faster and unlimited bandwidth or at least 5+ TB).

LOL that didnt last to long. saw this coming from a long way aways. it was so obvious it wasnt gonna last long. DDL is still on the chopping block. its gonna be awhile till it settles down and even then it might not ever recover. XDCC is the way to go. old school but solid.

Torrents and IRC/XDCC are too slow.

Have you tried them? I can get faster speeds on torrents and XDCC than I can on anything else. For torrents, just try to find ones with lots of seeds and few leeches, then its all good. BakaBT is a great place for anime torrents like that

• 2 months later...