Why do people like Sasuke so much ?

Swed420

I don't understand why people think Sasuke is so much better than Naruto. I mean Sasuke is really cool but I think Naruto is waaaay stronger I mean If he was in danger don't you think he would just keep using the nine tailed fox chakra until the seal was broken ? Do you think Sasuke is better ? If he could how would he be able to destroy Naruto ? Any answers ?

Erm they don't. Sasuke is usually the most hated character of the series by fans.

For one thing, he was Orochimaru's bitch. Yes he was raped by Orochimaru. He doesn't care about anything. Even after finding out the truth about his brother he still decided to go against him and attack what he had done everything to protect. He attacked his fellow friends, betrayed his country and his comrades, and all his power was just given to him (he never earned any of it), and yet he still gets his ass beat in nearly all his fights. He's a coward when it's shown he is outmatched by an opponent. He freezes and Naruto had to always come to his rescue in the first part.

Also the creator didn't want to make Sasuke to start with. He was not a planned character. Sasuke was only made because the publishers refused to accept the submitted work unless he created a rival for Naruto.

• Like 1

sasuke only had a lot of hype during part 1 of naruto. being a token 'pretty boy'.

since then he hasn't been any where near the top 5-10 most popular characters from naruto and honestly he was eventually turned into a douche bag version of itachi. except sasuke didn't work to develop all of his skills, it was all handed to him, except the use of his sharingan and chidori.

he's really pathetic. but the powers he has is to be recognized since it supposedly surpasses itachis by measure of brute strength but itachi will always be more skilled with experience and class opposed to sasuke just burning out every jutsu he has just to kinda wound a few people it appears most of the time.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Sasuke's operating on a philosophy that is a bit harder to swallow in the west because it's a bit archaic in our eyes. He's operating off the concept of total familial devotion. Yeah, Itachi wanted something else for him, but at the same time, Itachi made his little brother watch his entire clan die over and over again, then basically shoved him onto the fast-track to insanity in order to craft the tool for his own death. Not to mention that Sasuke has what his brother envisioned for his future, and what he thinks that the rest of his family would want. He believes that they might be just a teensy bit bitter over how they were pretty much distrusted by the higher-ups then moved into one district, then when they begin assembling to try to do something about being mistreated, their negotiations break down (I'd guess that Danzou wanted to test out that new mind-control and wanted more eyes) and they're killed by one of their own. Itachi murders everyone "for the sake of the village" and his backup plan is to keep Sasuke on the path that Itachi chose for him by brainwashing him and stopping him from ever being able to decide what he wanted. Nobody is in the right here. Yeah, Sasuke's gone way off the deep end for the sake of trying to give his family some closure in the afterlife, but keep in mind that Itachi is the farthest thing from innocent here too. He's responsible for most of this, and didn't even bother to take any steps to protect Sasuke from Tobi aside from setting an Amaterasu Trap that he was probably pretty sure wasn't going to work. And once again, planning to brainwash your brother with the Kotoamatsukami so that he's forced to walk the path that you chose for him after violating his mind so many times? Not cool, and definitely not good, as I must remind everyone here determined to stuff Itachi into a pair of leather pants. Keep in mind that Sasuke is the character who had his entire world taken away from him multiple times, and was the victim of MANY, MANY mental assaults, then told half-truths that both corroborated with his memory and what others confirmed to be true. It's no wonder that he went off the deep end. And to the person who said that he has a "someone has to take me home and show me the light" attitude, that's the complete opposite. He's openly renounced that light and gone through a total change from what we saw he was like as a child. He's interesting because we've seen every step of what turned him the way he was, and watched his slide into insanity. His character is well developed and his journey into madness is fairly well documented.

Don't get me wrong, though. I don't hate Itachi at all. He's an interesting character in his own right, but a real "good guy", he is not. I did gain a bit more respect for him when he used the Kotoamatsukami on himself to break free instead of stealing Sasuke's will with it, though.

• 2 weeks later...
Itachi murders everyone "for the sake of the village" and his backup plan is to keep Sasuke on the path that Itachi chose for him by brainwashing him and stopping him from ever being able to decide what he wanted. Nobody is in the right here. Yeah, Sasuke's gone way off the deep end for the sake of trying to give his family some closure in the afterlife, but keep in mind that Itachi is the farthest thing from innocent here too. He's responsible for most of this, and didn't even bother to take any steps to protect Sasuke from Tobi aside from setting an Amaterasu Trap that he was probably pretty sure wasn't going to work.

First of all, I am glad to see a poster who is as passionate on this forum as me. Over the weeks of reviewing Sasuke's stance in current times, he has every right to be pissed at "the illusion" he was trapped in. Having two of the people he should've been able to trust most, "his brother and the 3rd Hokage" blatantly lie to his face, and for no real valid reason? Why couldn't Itachi just flat out tell him the truth, he was attempting to protect his village so he had to leave and butcher those who were going to up-rise against the village? Instead he chose to disobey orders and let him live, when a much easier solution would of been to tell him the truth before he left?

As for the Third Hokage, we are finding out that he kept many secrets from those who were closest to him, from Naruto and the truth of his parents, to Sasuke and his families slaughter. If the goal of the elite shinobi is to protect the youth, as explained in the episode where Shikamaru breaks down after Asuma's death, why withhold the truth from those who will inherit the future?

Some girls may like him but I don't. I prefer Naruto to Sasuke. Maybe people feel for him? having lost his entire kin and clan.. Well excluding his brother.

I think Sasuke needs a woman to set him straight.

Yeah... Karin kind of tried that. It didn't work. Next time, maybe someone who DOESN'T act like a creepy, predatory stalker should try. Of course, she did make a serious improvement after Sasuke stabbed her to kill Danzo. She seems to be less creepy-stalker-ish now. Sakura kind of blew it too. And unlike the Fangirls, I don't think that most of the remaining females are going to just forgive him because he's handsome. Then again, the worst he's done so far is attack the Gokage Summit in order to kill a major, possibly genocidal, corpse-looting asshole. Then declare war on the village for letting anything like that happen to his family. But he technically hasn't done anything absolutely unforgivable yet. He's announced his intent to cross the Moral Event Horizon, but hasn't actually stepped up to it yet. Of course, he's on the battlefield now, and all bets are off.

Uhhhh...you mean IN the story right?! because in the story, most of the girls go all gooey-eye on him and think he's so cool and good-looking, but i think from a viewer's point, it's hard not to fall in love with naruto's character instead! Love his positive attitude of picking himself up every time he's put down, and always so cheerful!

The reason I like Sasuke is because he's a character who's very interesting. He's operating on an ancient form of morality that prioritizes the family and family honor above all else, which is a bit hard to swallow from a western perspective, he's had just so much happen to him that he just can't deal with, and hasn't been reduced to a practical invalid, his interactions with Itachi, who is a TERRIBLE brother but means well, are very interesting and the two characters are connected almost to the point of being two parts of the same one. Even while Sasuke's relative sanity level has been dropping, it's been an enjoyable ride down to the bottom, and I'm still interested in seeing just how far his character arc goes.

Yeah, but Naruto had many tragedies in his own life just like Sasuke. But instead of acting for revenge Naruto acts selflessly and tries to earn the respect of others remaining upbeat and positive.

Naruto grew up shunned. To be fair, he kind of acted like an asshole too, so nobody was in the right there, and he got better when he got someone to believe in him. He never had a beloved brother murder everyone he ever cared about, then make him watch it happen over and over again. Naruto wasn't even aware that Kurama was sealed inside of him for most of his life. And as far as trying to earn the respect of others, that's been more of a recent change. Up until part 2, he thought that making himself badass enough to be named Hokage would MAKE people respect him. He understood nothing until he had some more time to grow and mature.

Naruto and Sasuke are kind of opposite characters. Naruto started off as a maladjusted little douchebag of a brat. Over time, he was given reasons to improve and people who were determined to help him in his goals and life. He got better. Sasuke STARTED being relatively well-adjusted for an 8-year old. Then, he lost most of those mentor figures and was horribly messed up by the remaining one he had. Past Kakashi, who just wasn't helping with his goal, and in fact actively discouraging Sasuke's reason for living, Sasuke's mentors have all been people intent on using him as a tool to get what they want. Basically, they had relatively opposite starting points, then their circumstances put them on to a somewhat common ground for a while, then drove them apart and just keep driving them farther away. To be fair, this wouldn't be so bad if Itachi weren't such a crappy brother. I'm interested to see what happens when the two of them meet soon.