10 Things You Didn’t Know About Me

Jarlaxle

Okay, I am sure we all know the usage of this topic? You list ten things about yourself that most other members would likely not know about you. You can make additional 10-Things posts from time to time if you would like, though I have found it can be a difficult thing to do. (Without repeating yourself.) You can also comment on another person's entry if you don't have the time for your own list.

I will get the ball rolling with my entry.

1. I am a laidback sort of fellow; usually easy to get along with. Unless you're a prick. Then you'll just amuse me.

2. I like reading a lot, but almost exclusively novels of the Fantasy variety. (I do dabble in the Horror genre as well; and Sci-Fi is usually grouped in the same category as Fantasy).

3. I've been working fulltime since I was 16. Very much hated being financially-crippled as a student, so to speak.

4. I am an insane collector of things I don't need. (Aren't we all?) I have *boxes* of fine DVDs, many of which I've never watched. This goes for my large book collection as well. And then there are lots of other little odds and ends, not to mention a growing assortment of swords//weapons. And downloads?

5. I am a tradesman...by trade. In the field of printing, that is. Well, I made a recent post about it, but still. Not like everyone will see it. Tradies FTW! The white-collar life was never for me.

6. I have a Hospitality certificate which is recognised around the world; which was really a waste of time, but I have one nonetheless. >_> Suppose it makes my resume look a bit more varied.

7. The first forum I ever visited and joined was a Suikoden fan-site known as Suikox, way back in October of 2004, which lead to some great friendships, particularly with a few of the original Queendom of Falena folk; back then we were Falenians! (As opposed to 'Falenans'; Suikoden V)

8. I live in the capital city of my state, that being Sydney of New South Wales. If you know next to nothing about Australia due to living in a cave most of your life, chances are you at *least* know of Sydney.

9. I have one brother; that is all (on the sibling side, at least).

10. I have two dogs, of which their exact breed I probably couldn't tell you. Maltese/terrier/cross-something-aruther give or take. So little dogs, one boy and a girl. Max and Hannah, respectively. We named Max after the main character from Roswell. >_<

See now, that was rather simple right? I'll probably return and add a second entry sometime in the future if I think of anything else. Oh and on that note, should you make another one--an additional ten points--you don't have to start from 11, 22 and so on, just make the ten in order again. These topics can be quite useful for getting to know your fellow members better within the one thread. Be sure to reply to any interesting points you may see from others; it's all relevant. It's no drama if you can't come up with ten whole points in one go either, as any participation is better than none.

These are my 10 Things You Didn't Know About Me:

1. I have 3 siblings (one of which I have a 19 year difference with).

2. My best friend moved away to Indiana and I haven't seen her since.

3. When I was a kid I use to put mustard on my straw at school when I drank chocolate milk.

4. I can't hock a loogie, last time I tired I threw up. I'm just physically incapable of doing it.

5. When people ask me to do something I need to verify at least three times before I can do it.

6. I have an intense love for flannel~ Lumber jacks!

7. I can't act silly when playing video-games, It's serious business! People almost die when they play with me.

8. Illich Guardiola, Vic Mignogna, and Steven Blum are my top favorite voice actors. (:

9. When done with a shower and you flip the thing that changes it between the shower to a bath and the extra water just runs out, well I have to put my foot there to stop the water from flowing to the bottom.

10. I have horrible luck with small animals like birds, lizards, and fish (usually, Poe -fish- has actually made it past a year with me).

• Like 1

1. My last name is an animal that was worshipped as gods

2. I have only one other sibling

3. I have almost no friends in real life :(

4. I cant smell... Have permanent sinusitus so my nose is all blocked and junk

5. I am a crazy martial artist

6. I have spent over 75% of my life in Scouting

7. All of my pets are demonic. No exceptions. Even the freaking fish

8. I am an awesome cook. I also have a full lazy susan full of spices and goodies

9. I think that barbeque sauce could and should go on everything to make it tastier. No exceptions...(maybe fruit)

10. I am an awesome liar and I could BS my way into and out of anything.

Oh my god...I could hug you for you 9th one. I thought I was the only one. O_O

I literally dunk barbeque Boneless Wings into more barbeque sauce because I don't believe there is enough already on it.

1. Actually I think I'll make the above my first fact.

2. I am easily distracted and tend to forget what I was doing previously. (Which is why I'm not the most active person in forums)

3. Despite my love for games, I don't tend to play multiple games at the same time. I will focus on one game until I'm done with it, and then move on to the next(This gets hard when more than one game I'm obsessed with comes out around the same time).

4. I actually do have a social life and people like me for some unknown reason I can't explain(I'm thinking Drugs).

5. I wear glasses (It's good that no one here really knows me...I can say simple things like that).

6. I will contradict myself to the point where I'm giving out both sides of the contradiction at the same time, and telling you to accept both.

7. Cardcaptors Sakura is currently the only anime that I truly believe had a terrible dub. All other dubs fall into the categories of amazing, great, good, alright.

8. I have no special talents...I am rather dull.

9. I tell people 69 is my favorite number to get laughs. 12 is my real favorite number.

10. Cave Story will forever be my favorite video game of all time.

11. I forgot I was supposed to have 10 facts.

1. I collect comic books

2. I am a twin and I have a younger brother

3. I love to learn, but I hate having to worry about grades

4. My favorite type of music is film scores

5. My values are the most important thing to me, and I would never compromise them

6. I have a dog, her name is penny, and I love her to death

7. I don't trust anyone 100% because I can't be myself 100% around anyone

8. I love food, just about any kind

9. I love the outdoors

10. I'm terrified of the future

Hmm , not much people don't know, but Ill give it a go!!

1. I am currently trying to learn the flute. (blech)

2. Stilettos look good with any form of leather, in my opinion.

3. My favorite animal is probably the Honeybee!

4. I will never get tired of watching Project Runway reruns.

5. I used to want to be a Botanist, now its all about being a Band Director.

6. My WPM Count is currently 58 WPM

7. Zelda rules. No explanation necessary.

8. I bite my nails. I know, it is gross.

9. My three favorite words are legit, boojie, and fierce.

10. I will always take things in a dirty way, no matter what the intention of what was said.

Well, that just some fun facts about me!!!

1. I was going to focus on law.

2. I'm an aspiring chef.

3. I changed high school for each year.

4. Got my GED.

5. I volunteer to pick up trash for my neighborhood park.

6. I try to maintain a diet similar to Bruce Lee with less extremes but not until I'm 20.

7. I'm Catholic.

8. Favorite color is Green.

9. I'm afraid of falling, not heights, FALLING.

10. I don't like spiders.

• 2 months later...

You guys are weirdos. What is this about mustard and chocolate milk? And your favourite colour is GREEN? Abomination.

1. Things I am incapable of doing: Swimming, riding a bike, driving a car. (The last one is for legal purposes... I don't have a license.)

2. I joined the military at 17. Turned 18 at basic.

3. I have glasses but I don't wear them. It's because I'm lazy.

4. Parasites, certain bugs, and worms freak me out. Worms are the reason I'll probably never have a garden. Snakes are okay. I hate centipedes and millipedes.

5. Contrary to popular belief, I am kind of a huge hippie.

6. I sing in the car. Loudly.

7. The first thing I remember writing was Mystic Quest fan fiction when I was six or seven. I'm sure it was a work of art.

8. The way I talk and the way I write often don't coincide.

9. Once upon a time, I used to refuse to call myself a feminist because I bought into the belief that they were all "feminazis". I also used to believe that pepperoni was made of snakes. Snakes are like tubes... pepperoni is round... It couldn't have been coincidence!

10. I'm kind of an open person and don't mind sharing stories with people. It is somewhat disconcerting to me when people aren't the same way, though I recognise this as an irrational reaction.

Like i already told in my introduction... Im weird, and thats why i call it myself:

1. I hate sweets! Two bites of chocolate and im done. Cant stand sweet stuff. >.<

2. I realy love spicy food! Sometimes i drink pure Tabasco and if i order a pizza, i tell the Deliveryguy he should flavor it like that it could kill someone!

3. I cant lie. If i try to lie, people sense it anyways. Thats why im just talking the truth.

4 & 5. People think im dumb!o.O Its maybe the fault of my humor? If everyone is laughing, i dont. If anybody tells somethink ironic, i laugh and most times nobody else dose... ironic, isnt it? XD Anyways, my doctor checked my IQ and told me i scored 145. This means im a genius... Yay!:>

6 & 7. Im kind and at the same time a cold blooded bastard. If i see some random kid crying, i try to cheer it up and i ask homeless people if they are hungry and afterwards buy somethink for them. On the other hand: I realy dislike rich people, i would kill them if there werent any laws.

Im like a modern Robin Hood! lol

8. Im a fearless badass! Trust me, you would regret it to challenge me. I do crazy thinks for money. No, not the dangerous ones were you could die! Im not stupid. But things like shouting "booooooooriiing!" in the middle of school. People realy pay for that!o.O XD ...I dont give a sh*t what people thinks about me.

9. Im damn good at any game! MVP(most valuable player) in any FPS or DotA, richest guy in MMORPGs and god of its server. Once in a MMO, i got so rich, i could break the whole economy. Then i started to sell all that money and bought a high-end PC and Laptop.

10. Why do girls dislike me that much?o.O Im not ugly and dont smell or anythink... i just keep geting that badluck with women. Is my personality so awkward? What do you guys think?>.<

Thanks for reading through my post.

1. I love to wear socks at night, which appears to be a problem in some circomstances

2. I'm an Emetophobe since I'm 8 and can't even stand the sound of someone throwing up... *don't want to think about it either*

3. My last name is found in the Bible.

4. I'm badly allergic to cats... But it's all right coz I dun like them XD

5. I'm dangerously intrigued by the dark side (have to think a bit more before to developp)

6. I've held a black-headed python on my shoulders once. (Awesome !)

7. I don't watch TV, at all ! Dun find anything interesting enough to catch my attention....

8. I hate summer... I don't like to sweat 'for nothing' and the hot weather is definitely not good for my skin, so...

9. If I go shopping, I prefer to go alone coz I don't like to wait for my friends while they try a thousand clothes to pick none of them at last...

10. I can cry while listening to the Blood Diamond OST, and I assume it totally !

1. I taught myself how to play piano.

2. I went to a high school that was made of styrofoam, and had no windows or grass.

3. I've held two eagles, one bald and one golden. They were remarkably heavy, even though they only weighed about 10 pounds.

4. My favorite season is fall.

5. My favorite holiday is Halloween.

6. I am god-awful at any type of shooter video game. Which is why I have to play Dead Space on easy mode.

7. I'm kind of a movie buff. I have an uncanny memory for movies and actors/actresses.

8. For three birthdays in a row, I went to see the same band perform.

9. Television is my life outside of work.

10. I am a paranormal investigator.

• 1 year later...

Bringin' this back awwwwww ye.

1: I get nervous and mess up a lot when people watch me play video games. Even something simple like Animal Crossing.

2: I'm actually terrified of learning how to drive.

3: I'm Norse pagan and very proud of it u wu

4: I'm really not that serious! I guess I'm just a little too sarcastic for my own good sometimes.

5: I have two small siblings: a nine year old brother and a seven year old sister. They're both little shits but I love them both very much.

6: I'm biromantic homosexual. This means that I would be in a romantic relationship with someone male, female, transgender, non-gender, gender blur, whatever. but I won't have sex with anyone who identifies as anything other than female.

7: My favrotie meal is baked tilapia with vinegar and oil potato salad with a tomato and cucumber salad.

8: I'm a really big moonie! Sailor Uranus is my anime waifu.

9: I really love RPing.

10: I've been staff on a few big forums, as a sectional mod or higher [highest I got was a assistant admin unless it was my own forum u wu] They include: Anime Blend, Otakii, So Anime, Final Fantasy Extreme, and Spiral Tap Entertinment. I've also owned my own forums, which had at least 20 regulars and were on paid servers, including Anime Empire and Outer Heaven.

Edited by Pinkie Pie
  • Like 1

1: I think it might be hard to come up with ten things that people don't know about me.

2: I probably shouldn't have used that as one of them.

3: I keep bookmarks of my favorite FAQs and info threads for various games.

4: I have every video of "Spoony's" Ultima retrospective bookmarked, as well as several clips from other reviews that I play whenever I need a laugh.

5: I think that someone with better video editing Super powers needs to make the "gaydar" scene from his Beastmaster 2 review a separate clip.

6: I keep a mini fridge next to my computer stocked with Coca-cola, bottled water, and bacon.

7: I am often distracted by - Ohh! Shiny!

8: I like to pick up random things I find on the ground.

9: Fantasy movies that poof into modern times make me angry.

10: Very very angry...

Okay, so I know that a few select people already know a few of these things, but I'm sure the vast majority of the members here don't know a thing about me.

1. Despite being twenty-three, I STILL deal with being hella shy and socially awkward around people I don't know. Once I know someone, though, I do a complete 180 and never shut the hell up.

2. I was valedictorian of my high school graduating class. I never really had to study in all my years of education (before college), which really hurt me in college. I mean, I did okay in college, but not as good as I wanted to. I just didn't have the discipline/study skills.

3. I'm bisexual. I'm more attracted to guys, but I think I'll ultimately end up with a chick or all alone.

4. I'm still a virgin. I'm sure most people think that's weird, but I really don't care.

5. I'm not a relationship person. It's not because I want to "play the field" and fuck around with a bunch of people at the same time. It's more to do with the fact that I just enjoy being alone. I'm a total hermit. Besides work and visiting my family every other weekend, I pretty much lock myself in my apartment. And that's actually fun to me. In my head, being in a relationship would ruin my "me time".

6. I'm still kind of afraid of the dark. I'm TERRIFIED of snakes. Like, I can't even look at a picture of a snake without getting all shaky and hot. I'm also afraid of caskets and dead bodies (especially the dolled-up kind at funerals). As such, I am really nervous and feel very ill at funerals.

7. I have a Bachelor of Science in Chemistry, and I am a Forensic Scientist, specifically in the field of Drug Analysis. I get very annoyed when people ask me questions related to police officer or detective work, thanks to the confusion caused by television shows like CSI. No, I don't carry a gun, drive a cop car, go to crime scenes, or interrogate suspects.

8. I am a sucker when it comes to nostalgia. Whenever I come across something I really really loved from my childhood, it's literally painful, it hurts so much. Sometimes I cry. I'm ridic, I know. I'm also very sentimental. I don't like throwing away anything (besides like trash or whatever) because it seems like most things have some kind of meaning to me.

9. I have never outgrown Harry Potter and I'm pretty damn sure I never will. I've been a huge ridiculous fan since I was like ten or eleven years old, and I still obsess over it at twenty-three.

10. I was a big band nerd from 5th grade through my senior year in high school, but especially in high school. I was a percussionist. In high school, I marched snare drum in the drumline for marching season, and I played melodic percussion (xylophone, marimba, tympani, vibraphone, etc.) for concert season. I was always proud that I was a well-rounded percussionist rather than just "a drummer". If you would have met the other drummers you would understand why.

Edited by Apollo
  • Like 1

Mine don't really matter, but I'll give it a try:

1:I have one sibling, a brother with whom there is only a three year difference.

2:The Night is my favorite time of day, especially when there is a full moon out.

3:Winter is my favorite season, followed by Spring. Winter is related to Snow, and I was born in Spring.

4:I enjoy video games ranging from Legend of Zelda to Ninja Gaiden, Naruto to Final Fantasy, Sly Cooper to Kingdom Hearts.

5:I love writing poetry, despite my lack of talent.

6:I have very low self-esteem.

7:I have no social life....Period.

8:I love to bake. Biscuits, cake, muffins, etc..

8.5:On that note, you waste food, I kill you. (Being without a home makes you realize

that food is to be cherished, not wasted)

9:My hobbies are Making ceramics, researching religion/myth, reading, and Anime.

10:I don't make friends easy (Or at all) but I try my best at doing so.

Edited by AxelVIII

I am also afraid of the dark. I get nervous around windows at night because I'm terrified one day I'll see some spooky shit staring at me. And when I'm wandering at night, either to grab a glass of water or pee, I freak out easily and end up dashing back into bed, haha.

I am an adult.

Okay, seriously, all this is totally true for me too. I'm glad I'm not the only one. I'm also terrified of mirrors in the dark, as well as windows. And I definitely have to turn on each and every light on the way to wherever I'm going. And I RUUUUN back to my bed after taking each light off one by one as I go back.

• Like 1