Anyone know of a similar anime out there???

To any and all Anime fans out there,

If you can tolerate Slice-Of-Life anime. You should check out Ano Hi Mita Hana no Namae o Bokutachi wa Mada Shirana. It's probably the only thing that when I watched it. It made me tear up at the end. It's only 11 episodes. But it's REALLY good.

But what I want to know is are there any ones out there as good as this. Preferably only answer if You know what it is first.

Here's a Plot Summery: Five childhood friends grow apart after the death of Meiko Honma, close playmate of them all. Jinta Yadomi, leader of the group when they were kids, neglects high school and lives as a shut-in when he unexpectedly starts seeing the ghost of Meiko, who can only interact with him and no one else. She has returned to ask Jinta to fulfill the forgotten wish she made as a kid.

And it's ANN Page: http://www.animenews...me.php?id=12368

Edited by Emotional Outlet

I know this one and yes. Your looking for the heart warming dramas, like.

Usagi drop==> Going home for his grandfather's funeral, thirty-year-old bachelor Daikichi is floored to discover that the old man had an illegitimate child with a younger lover! The rest of his family is equally shocked and embarrassed by this surprise development, and not one of them wants anything to do with the silent little girl, Rin. In a fit of angry spontaneity, Daikichi decides to take her in himself! But will living with this overgrown teenager of man help Rin come out of her shell? And hang on, won't this turn of events spell doom for Daikichi's love life?!

Kareshi Kanojo no Jijou==> Yukino had it all. Brilliant, athletic, popular and pretty, she was the perfect school girl with many friends and admirers. But then one fateful day she met her match: a handsome young man named Arima. Now, not only is he beating her at her own game, she's becoming more and more dismayed to learn that she's developing her first real feelings of romance. Can Yukino maintain her model student appearance, or will love ruin all her plans? This one leans more on the romance side but it has its moments.

Aishiteru ze Baby==>Highschool playboy Kippei is all about the girls. From skipping class to cheesy lines, he'll do anything it takes to reel the ladies in - though he never seems to find the right person. However, his bachelor lifestyle changes when young Yuzuyu enters the picture. This five-year-old cutie has been abandoned by her mother, and is left to Kippei for "parental guidance". Unfortunately for the both of them, Kippei has no experience raising a child, so it's time for a few lessons in responsibility... This one can be a real tear jerker as both characters come to terms with the situation. Kippei for his new responsibilities and Yusuyu who has to come to terms with her abandonment.

Here you go. I know these ones will fit the bill. I don't usually watch this sort of thing, but these ones are great all around. Any one who likes to "feel a little something" will like these character dramas.

• 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...