The Past Week Explained.

Koby

The forum got hit with another DMCA and the host refused to re-instate it even after following through with the order because they thought we had gotten too many reports and thus we were forced to find a new server. After a couple days of searching and asking questions and such I finally found a host I thought would be good.

Seeing how I couldn’t afford a whole lot, I went with a server a little less than what we probably needed but good enough to get started on until we can work on that. So anyhow I’ve been pretty busy the last several days. I’m still working on moving stuff from our old server to this one. The site is now on a server located in the Netherlands and the ones taking care of said server allow linking to files such as anime downloads so we shouldn’t have to worry about the host dropping us because of it. We’ll still comply to any DMCA though, because that’s just how I am.

We would have been up a couple days sooner but I had to wait on the slow tech support to get things done since the head honcho of the new server has been in and out of the hospital lately.

I'm sorry for the unexpected downtime and I did not wish for it to last so long, but here we are.

About still being subject to the DMCA...earlier this year, the Department of Homeland Security seized a bunch of websites saying they were infringing on copyright. Most of these sites were located on servers outside the US. Perhaps the most famous of these is a site called Rojadirecta. It's a Spanish site, located on a Spanish server, and was twice declared legal in Spain, but DHS said that because it operated on a .com server, its subject to US law, given that the US controls .com sites through Verisign.

So one way to remove yourself entirely from the DMCA (god I hate that law so much!) is to use a different .TLD, one that isn't in the US's jurisdiction.

The majority of the regulars managed to stay in contact via our Facebook Group:

http://www.facebook.com/groups/184317948279418/

I did create an IRC, but it was more of an experimentation than anything and I never really told anyone outside of a single thread about it. I may make the IRC more prominent sometime later, but I'd like to be more knowledgeable about the different commands and stuff to have more control over it.

The majority of the regulars managed to stay in contact via our Facebook Group: http://www.facebook.com/groups/184317948279418/

May I please join the group? I tried joining but it said it was closed :(.

My FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/RyanFurniss

I did create an IRC, but it was more of an experimentation than anything and I never really told anyone outside of a single thread about it.

I may make the IRC more prominent sometime later, but I'd like to be more knowledgeable about the different commands and stuff to have more control over it.

Please tell us the Channel name and Server/Network the channel is on?

As for the different commands and stuff, I'd be more than happy to help you out with that.

May I please join the group? I tried joining but it said it was closed :(.

My FaceBook: http://www.facebook.com/RyanFurniss

You had to request to join and then one of the admins can accept you. I just accepted your request. =P

Please tell us the Channel name and Server/Network the channel is on?

As for the different commands and stuff, I'd be more than happy to help you out with that.

Don't expect anyone to be on it and such... at least for now.. lol.

irc://irc.rizon.net/Kametsu

I know some people seem to not like rizon (zolockit), but I made it on that because I didn't want to host it on our own server and well nearly every IRC channel I use... happens to be on rizon (nearly all fansub groups use rizon).

I just accepted your request :P.

Fankyoo :ewhz:.

Don't expect anyone to be on it and such... at least for now.. lol.

irc://irc.rizon.net/Kametsu

I know some people seem to not like rizon (zolockit), but I made it on that because I didn't want to host it on our own server and well nearly every IRC channel I use... happens to be on rizon (nearly all fansub groups use rizon).

I'll try to idle on Kametsu whenever I am in IRC :dhh: (expect alot of "now watching" spam from me hehe).

As for fansub groups, yeah most of them are on Rizon, I don't know why though *shrug*.