Random Talk.

Talena Mae

Good luck! I've only had surgery once to get my wisdom teeth removed. Maybe you'll get a sweet scar out of it and you can show to people and talk about how you got it from 'Nam or something. Back in aught nine...

I think if you're going to do a job like that for any reason online, it'd definitely need to be over webcam for both parties, like I guess FaceTime or whatever for iPad. People seem to not appreciate the fact they're talking to real human beings over the Internet, and you end up with people like the one I encountered.

• Like 1

Good news, I might not have to go through surgery.... but in it's place I'd have to do a colonoscopy and depending on what they find, then have surgery. This shit rattles my brain yo! I with they could just find what's wrong with my body and send me home where I can actually play games online. ... The internet here is only good for facebook and youtube, you try to run steam or League of Legends and they'll block the program. So no TF2 for me!

• Like 1

I also help take care of them. But a lot of the job is just keeping them company so they don't get all lonely and depressed. Well... That and making sure that all of the machines make the right noises. Because that's how we know you're alive. Doesn't matter if your eyes are open, and you're talking, if the machine stops making noises and funny line pictures, someone will panic and think you're dead. (Exaggerating a bit because it's fun ^_^)

All in all, I enjoy my job. I just hate it when they stick me in the ER behind the desk. I can't sit still for an entire shift! It just isn't done... Not done I say!!! *glares at the schedule*

• Like 1

Why would you buy so much of them VolvoKing? You know that's costly, right.lol. I don't know what you guys are saying, but white chocolate macadamia nut cookies are the best.

I hate that most white chocolate cookies seem doomed to be paired with macadamias. White chocolate is amazing on its own, but most people seem to find it too sweet.

I find white chocolate to be not sweet enough sometimes.

When I want sugar I go for cookies, chocolate, cake, pie, ice cream, tarts, shaved ice, malasadas, zenzai, or other such things. By pie I mean something like custard pie. I don't even think of fruit ._.'''. My most loved deserts center around custard, but I branch out to other areas, but once fruits come into the picture I'm not so keen on them =/. I dislike sour/bitter tastes, and most fruits fall squarely into the sour part of the spectrum. Bananas are an exception. Also an exception to that rule would be if I were eating certain deserts (like sundaes) which go extremely well with fruit and basically give the fruit a "fruit+cream" type of flavor which gets rid of the sour part mostly.

I'll also make 1 exception for bitter tastes with very very VERY rich deserts. Custartds and chocolates that are extremely well done go perfectly with just a little bitter taste (like coffee or the right kind of tea). I actually learned this one from an anime (Yumeiro Patisserie) ^^.

Plums are pretty sweet and don't have an acidic or bitter taste. Peaches. Mangoes can be sweet if a little tart, but they're my favourite. Watermelon is so good. Grapes are almost always good (I prefer green). Cherries are amazing. Huckleberries are apparently are super sweet. Persimmons are good. Apricots.

I eat and encounter more sweet fruits than sour. Confused what fruits you're eating.

Simple sugar syrups--two parts sugar, one part water. Boil some water, dissolve the sugar, and take it off the heat. Let it cool to thicken (and also prevent horrible burns on your tongue). Boil longer for a thicker syrup. Honey is a natural syrup. Chocolate syrup for all of the sundaes. Corn syrup.

From there it's easy to flavour it with different fruits, alcohol...

Syrup is a funny word.

Every time I get a special weather statement or warning, I feel like they are highly personalized lol. You would think they would be very "copy/paste" like, but they aren't.

intenseweather.png

Dat "big" chill.

Not just a warm up, but a "good" warm up.

Soooooar!

Yesh kekeke it takes a turn for the worse.

Rolling rolling rolling rolling rawhide!

Uguu~ it's such a struggle to stay that high.

Oh snap that really got my attention.

Oh you cheeky, dirty air you... Flirting with me.

We must stay VIGILANT and stop this horrible, killing frost!

My dad was a meteorologist in the Navy--boring as that job is, I bet people would start writing weather fan fiction.

"The cold front slipped beneath the covers, curling her fingers through the warm front's hair. It was soft and smelt of lavender and roses--it smelt of deception. Without hesitation the cold front wrapped her fingers around the warm front's neck.

'Don't lie to me,' she whispered harshly. 'I know you've been flirting with that freezing mark.' Her breath was icy on the warm front's ear, every syllable and breath emphasized."

Edited by Emotional Outlet
  • Like 2