Random Talk.

Talena Mae

I'm so far behind on my TV shows. T^T

me too! i still have to finish season 2 of game of thrones, as well as doctor who, and god knows what else

Same here :( Got to watch the new episodes of Game of Thrones S3, Arrow, Sherlock and yea, Naruto of course. Can't remember the last time I watched a Naruto episode!!!!!!!!!!!! Sometimes, I procrastinate so much that if there were a punishment for wasting time, then I'd be somewhere near the top!

How much longer until the GoT show catches up with the books? Based on experience with anime outpacing manga, I think people should probably stop watching as soon as the show catches up :P.

George has actually came out to discuss this. He says he fears the show will pass the books since they work at a faster pace than he can. However he says there is the possibility that with one season a year, he can possibly have the final book out in the nick of time. If he's unable to, he stated he'd likely share his plans for the final book with the show writers so they can make his vision come to fruition in the show. At worse, they may have to delay the show for a single year if nothing else.

People read all the time!! I volunteer at the library every weekday, I see a lot of books come in and out, haha.

And people write all the time!! The book industry is over-saturated with books!! There are more books than people are able to read in a day!! I lurk around a lot of literary fora and there's always people who say they have a hard time finding time to read everything they want to read because there's so much out there.

I always think it's funny when people act like reading books is some dying practise, when it's really not. Or they try to claim that reading on the Internet or an e-reader doesn't count, because elitism. It's not like it's a new concept there are people who hate reading, we're just given a medium where we can talk to people all across the globe.

• Like 1

How much longer until the GoT show catches up with the books? Based on experience with anime outpacing manga, I think people should probably stop watching as soon as the show catches up :P.

George has actually came out to discuss this. He says he fears the show will pass the books since they work at a faster pace than he can. However he says there is the possibility that with one season a year, he can possibly have the final book out in the nick of time. If he's unable to, he stated he'd likely share his plans for the final book with the show writers so they can make his vision come to fruition in the show. At worse, they may have to delay the show for a single year if nothing else.

That's the best news I've heard all day :D. The people making the TV show actually cares about what the author has to say xD. Alright, guess it's safe for me to start watching the thing. Now just needa figure out how to get it >.>

• Like 1

Books?  Books?  Are we talking about books?  Bookkeeping? Accounting???

(I'm the best at segues vroom vroom)

So I've been working on my accounting homework for 9 hours today (minus cinco de mayo taco break).  It was a beast.  It got so hard that I decided to ask my dad for help.  He was an accounting major so I thought why not.  Well we spent much time on it too.  We almost finished by the deadline.  Was only able to get about 96% of it done.  At the end my dad was like, "Yeah this stuff wasn't even in my intermediate/advanced accounting classes."  I was like geesh thanks dad. :|  I mean I'm not even an accounting major yet I have to do OP accounting.  Honestly though, I dread to think what I would have to work on if I really was an accounting major.  Oh well doesn't matter!  I'll be done with the class/subject in (checks clock) 11 hours or so.  Then no more accounting and I can move on to bigger and better business topics.

Lolz I used to love accounts back in school because I somehow managed to get them to balance. But I never wanted to pursue it further because I didn't like the whole commerce/business stream of subjects. 

Rawr, we were talking about novels and story books. I'm glad that there are people out there who still love to read because sadly, in my country, the internet and games have taken over and books are being pushed into a corner. I read my first book, one of the Malory Towers series, and I took the bait - hook, sink and liner (whatever that's supposed to mean, lolz. Not sure if I got the expression right.) I find ebooks very tiring on the eyes and somehow it doesn't have that feeling you get when you have a real book in your hands.  

Ah yeah. Every time I climb on top of that tightrope at the end, I do a little prayer and hope that my Balance Sheet balances. It never does. :< I fall off the tightrope and break my back aka moral.

Hehehe yeah the term is hook line and sinker. Ex: I really want this Malory Towers book right now so I think I'll order it over Amazon.  I then get an email from "Amazon" asking for my credit card number because their database had a crash.  Since it looked legit I gave it to them.  It ended up being hackers and I fell for their trick hook line and sinker. :<