Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

Macross Frontier series - the concept for the singing was a little different, but awesome, and the series as a whole was great. Ending was a little corny, and a certain part of the plot was unresolved, but since I hear the movies take care of that, its no biggie. 9/10

Watched Death Note over the weekend. I can see why people say (well shops advertise it as) the 'must watch anime of 2009' because it is very good, I do however think the ending was a bit predictable.

I for one would get kind of bored of everything always having to have a happy ending. Sure, it makes more sense the way it ended to prevent the series from going on forever, but what about making an ova or something where the ending changes. It's kind of hard to say what I mean without spoiling the ending but I'm sure those that have seen the show know what I mean.

Overall it is a very good show and I can't see why people wouldn't want to watch it. The English dub is high quality I would say and from the little of the Japanese original that I have seen it also seems to have had the same level of investment. It's a shame they tried to make those live action versions though, to me, because they don't really have the same gravitas as the anime.

I would give at an 8.5/10 for the above disappointment on my part but highly recommend it. Plus I should be able to afford the box set soon so I'll have to buy that. A quick wikipedia search shows that the same guy wrote 'Bakuman' so I'll probably watch that next to see how it compares.

Just finished Baccano! I thought it was a really great watch, I loved the originality in the way they put the scenes together. The action was quite good, and the Isaac and Miria duo were the most hilarious characters ever. I give this a 9/10. A must watch.

Lol YES I still can't believe i never noticed that before man but when I last watch my neighbor totoro was forever ago. The last series I finished was Arawaka under the bridge. I found it decently funny and watchable, overall not a bad series. I am not usually big into subbed anime but lately i have begun to accept watching it more openly and these odd ball series are what seem to be, my preference when it comes to subs.lol

Ga-Rei: Zero

This turned out to be nice. Haven't read the manga but I hear there was a prequel to the manga, however this stands on it's own very well. Would love to see the manga get animated but if it doesn't, oh well. It's not like it feels incomplete like many other series do. I kept hoping after the series went into the past after the first couple episodes that it'd come back to where it started and it did very nicely. 09/10