Anime You've Recently Completed?

Kid Ryan

I finished Heroic Age not too long ago, dubbed of course off of Netflix. I can't really say it was all that great because I either fell asleep or just turned my head every couple of seconds to watch it while on my computer. I liked the protaganist and his "Heroic" form, also like the name - Bellcross I think it was; doesn't get any more unique then that. Though from what I read on wiki it's all from greek mythology so there's no originality I suppose.

Gantz Second Stage. I think it was great, my only problem was the last couple of episodes as it felt like constant yelling at each other. Also the ending was weird. Nevertheless, the positive strongly outweigh the negatives. I give this a 9/10.

Edit:

Just watched Ninja Scroll (the movie). I thought it was very good, I liked the fight scenes, they weren't dragged out too long but some of them were too short though, I liked the ending a lot as well. 8/10.

Finally finished 07-Ghost over the weekend. I can't believe how many times I restarted that show. Its a good enough show and I like the idea of Zaiphon. Unfortunately its doesn't end (manga is ongoing) and doesn't seem to be getting a second season as the first finished airing in 2009.

Overall a 7/10 I guess. Good ideas story wise, some very good orchestral scores.

Just finished Blade of the Immortal. I do not recommend this anime.

This show does have a good story, but has trouble telling it. It has no flow. The fight scenes are average, and the end of the fights are predictable. Rin as a character had potential, and it showed in the final 2 episodes, but for the first 11 episodes she had an unlikable personality. The ending was horrid, it felt as if it was leading up to a big confrontation/fight with the antagonist switching sides. But it just ended, no season 2, just nothing.

However, the show was not completely bad, episodes 9-12 were quite good and were episodes that actually left me wanting more. And the antagonist (Anotsu) was a great character.

5/10 for me.

I just finished watching all the Banner of the Stars anime series (3 of them). I had remembered most of it, but some key points I had forgotten so I really enjoyed watching these again, because I think I really had missed a few episodes here and there through out the series. Even though the animation isn't up to par with today, it is one of those series I think I'll enjoy watching again 10 years down the road. The plot and characters are just that good and enjoyable to watch. I really wish the fourth book had been made into an anime though:( I think I'll finally just break down and read the fourth book, lol.

Tokyo Magnitude 8.0

10/10

I just came off watching Gantz, Ninja Scroll and Blade of the Immortal. So this Anime was a breath of fresh air. I loved this a lot.

In the beginning Mirai was such an annoying and a very unlikable character (to me anyway). And by the end of the Anime she was such a kind hearted girl who really showed care for her brother and to others. Yuuki along with Mari were also a great characters.

The ending was good and very sad. It went for 11 episodes and I felt that it was just the right amount of episodes, any longer it would of been dragged out.

The artwork was excellent, from seeing buildings collapse to the way Yuuki smiles. This is a must see.

Anyway I think I've gone on enough about it. To the people that have seen this, please feel free to recommend me similar style Anime in a PM.